Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

On ONeills free at the end.  Had he even touched the ball before that?  Tough kick for someone coming off the bench into that cauldron.  The kick seemed central enough for someone like Peter Harte or Bradley, who looked very good when he came on,to demand the ball and kick it. 

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on July 23, 2018, 02:28:26 PM
On ONeills free at the end.  Had he even touched the ball before that?  Tough kick for someone coming off the bench into that cauldron.  The kick seemed central enough for someone like Peter Harte or Bradley, who looked very good when he came on,to demand the ball and kick it.

I said the same but then heard someone saying O'Neil sprinted across to get hitting it. 
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

omagh_gael

Totally over the top in relation to McShane. I think his place may be under threat as Harte may want to get Bradley and Brennan into the FF line. Surely we have to go for it in Ballybofey. My thoughts are Hampsey back to three, Ritchy to midfield to roam and McShane to drop out. Possibly unfair on Cathal, however, we need our main scoring threats on the field.

The Trap

Did Hampsey not do a great job on Fenton? He is the man for Murphy too at midfield or full back.

bigpackiechestout

Yeah fair point, maybe management or some of the senior players should have intervened and told Harte to kick it. But hindsight is always 20/20, Harte had played 75 minutes of intense championship football at that point, wouldve been tired whilst O'Neill was fresh and on his home pitch. I don't want to be too harsh on him as it is always hard to come on and kick a free with your first touch but unfortunately there comes a time when the excuses run out and it is fast approaching for this Tyrone team in the big games.

It will be a titanic battle in Ballybofey in two weeks but I think we can do it and then I would give us a good chance v Galway or Monaghan in the semi. I would like to see Bradley come in from the start v Donegal but in fairness to the forwards I think it would be difficult to drop any of them at this point. And there is absolutely no chance that McShane will be dropped for the Donegal game.

BennyHarp

I see your point and it's an immeasurable factor. How many touches do you need before kicking a free? I'd be more inclined to think that getting a shot away under pressure from play would be more difficult than a free kick after coming on, but maybe not. When you are coming on with 15 mins to go you need to be ready to convert every chance you get, including relatively easy frees. Would Skeet have kicked that coming on cold? If the way to beat Dublin is to keep it as tight as possible then go hell for leather in the last 15 mins to knick it, then maybe we'd be better starting with o'neill and bringing Skeet in later on. That miss was like bursting a balloon and the energy built up evaporated immediately. I genuinely like O'Neill as a player and don't wish to be too harsh on him but at this stage of the competition we need to be ruthless. On a separate note, how impressive has Kieran McGearys cameos been this year? In my view he changed the dynamics of the game, he's never afraid to take responsibility kicking 2 points and the workload he went through in the last 15 mins was just immense.
That was never a square ball!!

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 23, 2018, 03:40:55 PM

On a separate note, how impressive has Kieran McGearys cameos been this year? In my view he changed the dynamics of the game, he's never afraid to take responsibility kicking 2 points and the workload he went through in the last 15 mins was just immense.

Yes completely agree, McGeary is a clutch player who you'd want beside you in the trenches - I'm thinking back as far as the 2016 Ulster final when he kicked the insurance point. He will be a key player in Ballybofey. I think it's possible that Harte doesn't start him because he knows he wants him on the pitch at the end of the game, whereas if he played from the start he might need to be replaced since the middle third players are required to do so much running nowadays.

Rois

The Bearded One

is the East Terrace the main Terrace or behind a goal?
It is what it is. Presumably.

southtyronegael

i think what the last 10 mins on saturday night prove is that our players are good enough to go toe to toe with dublin. just a pity we waited until the game had gone from us at that stage. at least they showed a bit of fight unlike last year and the likes of frank burns and mc kernan are major additions. we need to move away from containment/counterattacking football and play without fear against ALL teams. unfortunately our style has come up short against the two div 1 teams we have played. there is so much more there for us if we really go for it.

Club boi

Quote from: southtyronegael on July 23, 2018, 06:42:38 PM
i think what the last 10 mins on saturday night prove is that our players are good enough to go toe to toe with dublin. just a pity we waited until the game had gone from us at that stage. at least they showed a bit of fight unlike last year and the likes of frank burns and mc kernan are major additions. we need to move away from containment/counterattacking football and play without fear against ALL teams. unfortunately our style has come up short against the two div 1 teams we have played. there is so much more there for us if we really go for it.

Yes, Tyrone "gave it a go" but Dublin were in totaly control of the game from start to finish. False hope for the Tyrone faithful just because we got close to Dublin but I cant see us getting anything from ballybofey and therefore will be out of the Championship

Dire Ear

Donegal have 3 very important players in Murphy, McHugh and MacNiallais.
One of the McMahons did a fine man to man job on Murphy a few years ago; could Hampsey do the same ? McKernan is young, but would he be worth a punt on young Ryan- Rory Brennan a good marker also? Hugh Pat on Odhran?
I'd play McClure in the middle and save Lee Brennan for the last 15-------
McBrearty would have made the difference but Tyrone have a massive opportunity now in the cauldron that will be Ballybofey

Christmas Lights

Quote from: trailer on July 23, 2018, 01:06:23 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on July 23, 2018, 12:45:18 PM
Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on July 23, 2018, 12:08:40 PM
Quote from: trailer on July 23, 2018, 11:45:17 AM
Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on July 23, 2018, 11:34:49 AM
Quote from: trailer on July 23, 2018, 10:07:43 AM
Does Cathal McShane have naked pictures of Harte? He's slow and lazy. He has no strength. He can't tackle, he can't get possession. He's just big and ginger. After that he offers nothing.

Must have been someone else who kicked two points from play on Sat night and fielded at least one kickout above 2 Dublin men  ::)

He's a passenger. He had a 4 meter head start on Philly McMahon, clean through on goal and didn't even get the ball. After that he looked for a handy ball over the top. Not good enough.

It was Paul Manion you clown.  You also realise only for McShane kicking an equalizer in injury time against Meath Tyrone wouldn't have even been playing Dublin in the Super 8's

Frank the tank destroying trailer

Tell me, who's hole tastes nicer? Cathal McShane's or Franks?

A rattled trailer we have here.

If you think McShane offers nothing, you dont really have a clue about football, do you mate?

Club Rossa

McShane has kicked 12 points in the championship so far,not bad!

TabClear

Quote from: Dire Ear on July 24, 2018, 10:21:12 AM
Donegal have 3 very important players in Murphy, McHugh and MacNiallais.
One of the McMahons did a fine man to man job on Murphy a few years ago; could Hampsey do the same ? McKernan is young, but would he be worth a punt on young Ryan- Rory Brennan a good marker also? Hugh Pat on Odhran?
I'd play McClure in the middle and save Lee Brennan for the last 15-------
McBrearty would have made the difference but Tyrone have a massive opportunity now in the cauldron that will be Ballybofey

Rory Brennan has really impressed me every time I have seen him play. What age is he?