Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 676106 times)

The Sweeper.com

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #4635 on: August 22, 2017, 02:24:07 PM »
Anyone having problems getting tickets for Sunday.

Demand supposed to be very high. I heard a few Clubs are struggling to meet demand.

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: August 22, 2017, 07:03:49 PM »
Our club (lough) sent out a text saying demand out stripped allocation. Don't know how they'll manage it!

Tyrone95

• View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: August 22, 2017, 10:45:58 PM »
Our club (lough) sent out a text saying demand out stripped allocation. Don't know how they'll manage it!
You could always go back to Omagh for you're allocation  8)

Fuzzman

• Aughabrack (Tyrone Not Cork)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: August 23, 2017, 12:07:01 PM »
Thanks Goals_Will_Come. I'll set the recorder as hope to be there.

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: August 23, 2017, 12:47:02 PM »
You could always go back to Omagh for you're allocation  8)

I'll stick with the Lough for now and hope that my u6 coaching will give me a bump up the allocation ladder!

time ticking away

• View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: August 27, 2017, 06:02:32 PM »
It should be interesting on here for a day or two
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

The Trap

• View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: August 27, 2017, 06:31:45 PM »
Southtyronegael is en route

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: August 27, 2017, 06:38:14 PM »
It should be interesting on here for a day or two

It's about to blow.  :-X

Club boi

• View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: August 27, 2017, 07:27:04 PM »
Even Tyrones biggest and most faithful supporters have to be questioning today's performance. With other Ulster teams results it shows how bad Ulster football is at the minute and the 2 titles are worth very little. Still no where near the level of the top 3 and yet to even contest against them in a competitive championship Game. No Plan B so evident it was Embarrassing today to stick to the structure and let Dublin hop the ball about in the middle third at ease

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: August 27, 2017, 07:31:38 PM »
Need to calm myself down first.

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: August 27, 2017, 08:12:36 PM »
Even Tyrones biggest and most faithful supporters have to be questioning today's performance. With other Ulster teams results it shows how bad Ulster football is at the minute and the 2 titles are worth very little. Still no where near the level of the top 3 and yet to even contest against them in a competitive championship Game. No Plan B so evident it was Embarrassing today to stick to the structure and let Dublin hop the ball about in the middle third at ease

Harte needs to be given a 3 year contract immediately. He has brought the team on and progress is evident.

Localexpert

• View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: August 27, 2017, 08:23:35 PM »
Just back from a horrendous day in croker.

Due to the fact he doesnt want to go and is desperate to stay on id imagine micky will leave tyrone senior management in the same manner he arrived ..... controversially.  It's all becoming strangely similar to arsene wenger at arsenal as in both have been there a long time with great initial success but havent hit the big time for quite a while and when it looks like it will be turned around with cup wins (fa cup/Anglo celt and similarly winning 2 in a row) they bow out with a lacklustre performance. 

Dublin will most likely cement their place second only to the great kerry team with a win against mayo so for me it means either tyrone dont have the right players to compete at the very top or they need a change in direction.  I've saw before the stats on all Ireland quarter final and semi final appearances in recent years so either we are happy with that and reward him with more years or move on to try and get back to the pinnacle of the football ladder.

We don't make the decisions but I'm sure we can all agree if it was anybody else from managing from 2009 to now they wouldn't have lasted this long.

Thoughts?

The Trap

• View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: August 27, 2017, 08:36:21 PM »
Don't think there is a better manager in Tyrone but if the present management stay they must play proper football. That is terrible to watch even when winning games in ulster. Go toe to toe with the dubs Mayo and Kerry and give it a lash.

An Watcher

• View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: August 27, 2017, 09:21:10 PM »
It may be terrible to watch but would the old style beat Donegal in ballybofey on a wet day?  It never did but this system could.  Do u be happy winning Ulster titles and not competing on the national stage or forget about Ulster and play your attacking more fluid football but probably still lose to the dubs?? Decisions Decisions

ose 14

• View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: August 27, 2017, 11:57:49 PM »
to persist with the same three players in a fullbackline that was exposed by mayo last year is beyond belief. to play two sweepers to protect them is even more incredulous. colm cavnagh was blewtered after 10m minutes today out on his feet trying to plug holes with that big ambling frame of his. our continued use of small players up front continues to baffle, our u 17 team is full of them too. we kept our zonal marking system in position at 1-7 to 4 pts today and allowed kilkenny fenton and mccarthy the fredom of croke park a bit like oshea parsons and mclaughlin in the last 10mins of QF last year. if you perisit with the same personnel/procedures and expect a different outcome then you are either incredibly stubborn silly or you dont know what the hell your doing. tyrone were poor today but are they really that poor. dublin are an awesome team tyrone are not but i do think a more positive approach with a better fullbackline and a committed plan to attack in numbers would get us closer than our current thinking.