Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eire90

maybe they could do what dublin does and put it on youtube

rrhf

Listen you will always lose some to privacy, but I think those making the big calls on pricing etc didnt appreciate the choices people have to make these days and even the most loyal ardent Tyrone Gael from a working class backround has every right to see the games at a fair price and always did, but if they have priced themselves out of the market that is on them. That same supporter will be as loyal as hell if asked a fair price. The major error lies with the decisions makers who did not read the room and were not prepared to adjust and employ loyalty / season tickets. There are solutions that can make money.  To throw away the live stream showcase would be a huge step back in time and in promotion and they should absolutely be held accountable if that becomes the case.... Tyrone TV was a great idea, should be absolutely capable of balancing the books and making a fair profit and should be here to stay.

square_ball

Does anyone know how much profit they made from it last year?

ClubScene13

I'm a massive fan of it but a fair season pass is essential going forward

Eire90

are they losing money from it or just not making the profits they hoped to make

Eire90

could they do a season pass and put league matches on it too.

Tyrone Gaa

I think the issue they had was they televised every championship game, how do you put a value on that per game. Even at a fiver a game would be a huge ticket price.

I think they need to offer a senior championship pass, an intermediate championship pass and a junior championship pass for them to put a value on the tickets.

I don't know if any other county televises every club game
Living the dream!!!

ClubScene13

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 26, 2023, 01:14:56 PMI think the issue they had was they televised every championship game, how do you put a value on that per game. Even at a fiver a game would be a huge ticket price.

I think they need to offer a senior championship pass, an intermediate championship pass and a junior championship pass for them to put a value on the tickets.

I don't know if any other county televises every club game

Aye it's a fair point. They know what they're at broadcasting the entire junior championship though - and then it's going to be dressed up as close to 45 games broadcast live.

I wouldn't be the biggest critic of some of the pricing but the blatantly deliberate separation of this weekend's finals to charge £31 for both is criminal, wouldn't get it anywhere else I don't know why Tyrone should be different.

LeoMc

Quote from: rrhf on October 26, 2023, 12:17:37 PMListen you will always lose some to privacy, but I think those making the big calls on pricing etc didnt appreciate the choices people have to make these days and even the most loyal ardent Tyrone Gael from a working class backround has every right to see the games at a fair price and always did, but if they have priced themselves out of the market that is on them. That same supporter will be as loyal as hell if asked a fair price. The major error lies with the decisions makers who did not read the room and were not prepared to adjust and employ loyalty / season tickets. There are solutions that can make money.  To throw away the live stream showcase would be a huge step back in time and in promotion and they should absolutely be held accountable if that becomes the case.... Tyrone TV was a great idea, should be absolutely capable of balancing the books and making a fair profit and should be here to stay.

Loyal ardent gaels from a working class background always had the right to see games by paying at the gate.

Why should online be cheaper than attending?

Aaron Boone

Regardless of anything, it will be another O'Neill Cup for West Tyrone on Sunday.

God14

Is errigal really west tyrone? it'd be closer to the furthest east club (Ardboe) than the furthest west (castlederg)

RedHand88

Quote from: God14 on October 27, 2023, 08:46:07 AMIs errigal really west tyrone? it'd be closer to the furthest east club (Ardboe) than the furthest west (castlederg)

In geographical terms it is Mid-East. In terms of centre of population though its probably West. The Coalisland/Dungannon area is quite built up.
Nobody lives in Aghyaran or Urney.

LeoMc

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 27, 2023, 09:33:07 AMI see the same divisional conversation happening in the Down thread. I find the notion odd.

Does it really keep the other west Tyrone clubs warm at night that a club 'near' them won the championship?

I'd have thought if your club isn't winning it then the last hoors you want winning it are the ones up the road. Piggybacking off some fabricated collective is a bit pathetic, no?

Tyrone men will unite in their joy at seeing Derry beat. Dromore men will unite in their joy at seeing Trillick beat just as Carrickmore will unite in their joy at seeing Errigal beat.

We don't warm at seeing someone else win, we warm at seeing someone else beat.
The winter warmth from an East Tyrone defeat is a hangover from old divisional leagues, before the ACL.

RedHand88

Point of order though.

Costa del Moortown is further east than Ardboe.

clarshack

Nobody wants to see their closest rivals do well. Ever.