Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Quote from: tiempo on May 18, 2018, 11:35:05 AM
Quote from: redhandofgod on May 18, 2018, 09:33:29 AM
Petey Harte and Aidan McCrory are from Eskra as was Eamon McCaffrey before them :o

Don't you mean Omagh in the case of Petey, cradle snatchers those wans out Glencull way

I thought Petey grew up around Newtonsavile?

tiempo

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 18, 2018, 11:56:30 AM
Petey Harte and Aidan McCrory are from Eskra as was Eamon McCaffrey before them :o

Don't you mean Omagh in the case of Petey, cradle snatchers those wans out Glencull way

Coolnagard I'm told

redhandofgod

Home house in Newtownsaville, lived in Omagh before that....any of these in Errigal parish?

omagh_gael

Quote from: tiempo on May 18, 2018, 12:13:56 PM

Coolnagard I'm told

I didn't know that. Sure he used to be a ex-nextdoor neighbour of my own!

Club boi

Quote from: bigtogs on May 17, 2018, 09:29:05 PM
To Derrytresk..Brian g Oneill ,Ollie O'Neil, Bosco montagur,Ozzie Cullen,Tommy Corr there is 5 played 4/5 years minimum for derrytresk senior team..add in Kevin Doris lee Canavan Emmett Teague,,, Niall Oneill Paul O'Neil Declan Hughes Jp Devlin all transferred to Brocagh.,,

Was any of those players starting for Clonoe seniors when they moved?? From my source, all of them to Derrytresk, including Tommy Corr were all at the end of their careers or simply not good enough

The lads to Brocagh Im told followed Niall O'Neill when he went to manage them, and again, ALL were well into their 30's

Point everyone is making is Hughes and Corr joined Clonoe when starring for their respective clubs who needed them more.
Easily top 3 players or better for their clubs when they left

bigtogs

Quote from: Club boi on May 18, 2018, 01:56:59 PM
To Derrytresk..Brian g Oneill ,Ollie O'Neil, Bosco montagur,Ozzie Cullen,Tommy Corr there is 5 played 4/5 years minimum for derrytresk senior team..add in Kevin Doris lee Canavan Emmett Teague,,, Niall Oneill Paul O'Neil Declan Hughes Jp Devlin all transferred to Brocagh.,,

Was any of those players starting for Clonoe seniors when they moved?? From my source, all of them to Derrytresk, including Tommy Corr were all at the end of their careers or simply not good enough

The lads to Brocagh Im told followed Niall O'Neill when he went to manage them, and again, ALL were well into their 30's

Point everyone is making is Hughes and Corr joined Clonoe when starring for their respective clubs who needed them more.

Point taken which is fair enough, but Derrytresk for example have done well out of us in the transfer market...Brian G O'Neill,Ollie Oneill Bosco Montague and Ozzie Cullen all played quite a few years for Derrytresk Senior Team....All the rest where well at the end of their Careers but Derrytresk and Brocagh Still benefited i suppose with all the rest and more....

GaaFanatic123

Back to non starred fixtures this wkend again I see!!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on May 21, 2018, 08:58:39 AM

Got that message through last night myself. Not exactly sure what the reason is - maybe to buy some time as with the qualifiers now, there'll not be much club football played for a few months (assuming Tyrone go well)

trailer

Quote from: bigtogs on May 18, 2018, 03:15:09 PM
Quote from: Club boi on May 18, 2018, 01:56:59 PM

Point taken which is fair enough, but Derrytresk for example have done well out of us in the transfer market...Brian G O'Neill,Ollie Oneill Bosco Montague and Ozzie Cullen all played quite a few years for Derrytresk Senior Team....All the rest where well at the end of their Careers but Derrytresk and Brocagh Still benefited i suppose with all the rest and more....

This made me boke.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 21, 2018, 09:20:03 AM
Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on May 21, 2018, 08:58:39 AM

Got that message through last night myself. Not exactly sure what the reason is - maybe to buy some time as with the qualifiers now, there'll not be much club football played for a few months (assuming Tyrone go well)

Yeah id say the fact Tyrone have no game now aswel for 3 weeks aswel! Think the fixtures set are the ones that where postponed back on the Friday night in April

outsideoftheboot

If tyrone are knocked out first day out in qualifiers or in 1 of their first couple of games it would free up a long summer of club football. Club championship and league would be run off very smoothly.

If this is the case does all the unplayed starred games become non-starred games?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: outsideoftheboot on May 21, 2018, 11:14:34 AM
If tyrone are knocked out first day out in qualifiers or in 1 of their first couple of games it would free up a long summer of club football. Club championship and league would be run off very smoothly.

If this is the case does all the unplayed starred games become non-starred games?

If Tyrone get knocked out early the reason for starred games becomes irrelevant. So yes, all players would be eligible for all games.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: outsideoftheboot on May 21, 2018, 11:14:34 AM

If Tyrone get knocked out then all players are available for the rest of the year yes.  Starred games are normal fixtures and maybe the club championship wouldn't be as condensed.  But id prefer to see Tyrone get a good run.  I don't have a gripe with starred fixture system, Tyrone run that system better than most counties in my opinion. 
Living the dream!!!

Bendyerback

Quote from: bigtogs on May 17, 2018, 03:59:01 PM
Quote from: BIGONE on May 17, 2018, 02:07:06 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on May 15, 2018, 05:36:30 PM
Quote from: Delegater on May 15, 2018, 05:24:48 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on May 15, 2018, 05:02:26 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on May 15, 2018, 02:12:23 PM
Errigal have the biggest pick of any club in Tyrone?

I would say so They take in 2 parish's, my Club Clonoe are in Clonoe Parish with Brockagh,Derrylaughan and Derrytresk!!

Poor Clonoe!!! Many a parish has two or more clubs.

Not as if the Clonoe tentacles arent stuck in every junior club within five miles.

We had one Senior player transferred to us from Derrytesk from 1990 no one from any other Club,so i am unsure what you mean...

Hughes' from Killyman?

Hughes Transferred to Killyman from us and then came back to us....

There was a fianna man that took a wee trip to O'Rahilly park as well.

WT4E

I take it the fixture committee will publish a definitive fixture list now that they know for definite the dates Tyrone will play if they keep progressing?

Also if the county board could organise the club championship draw in the near future then Reserve Championship could played off over 4 weeks before the mid july break? which would tie in with alot of qualifier fixtures.