Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Derrytresk and Rock have a bit of a Yo-Yo reputation in recent years.  There isn't the stability within the club to maintain their intermediate status and Australia has a lot to do with that, bigger clubs can cope with player losses.
Living the dream!!!

Onthe40

Tyrone Gaa

Living the dream!!!

Onthe40

ah ok..thought there was something going on in the club... I know from seeing them at underage blitzes etc that they have good numbers and seem to be putting in a shift...

Club boi

Quote from: Onthe40 on April 26, 2018, 02:57:14 PM
surprised at Derrytresk as thought them a decent outfit when I saw them a few years ago in div2 but I believe the half the team that got them back up is in Oz ??

Our Neighbours Derrytresk are missing a serious number of men, Corr went to Clonoe, Campbell Oz and listening to anyone from there would tell you they have serious injuries to key men, players they cant afford to get injured and supporters dont hold much hope for the year

Degrassi Hi

Quote from: Club boi on April 26, 2018, 05:26:50 PM
Quote from: Onthe40 on April 26, 2018, 02:57:14 PM
surprised at Derrytresk as thought them a decent outfit when I saw them a few years ago in div2 but I believe the half the team that got them back up is in Oz ??

Our Neighbours Derrytresk are missing a serious number of men, Corr went to Clonoe, Campbell Oz and listening to anyone from there would tell you they have serious injuries to key men, players they cant afford to get injured and supporters dont hold much hope for the year

Anyone taking points out of the hill will have earned them - Moortown will be doing well to win there this weekend!

clarshack

Quote from: square_ball on April 26, 2018, 01:35:20 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on April 26, 2018, 01:25:37 PM
Quote from: square_ball on April 26, 2018, 12:47:03 PM
You're like the North Tyrone David O'Leary there Norf.

Both yourselves and the Tatts have started well. I'm not overly surprised both are excellent outfits. In terms of relegation it's probably derrytresk away even at this early stage. Then god knows who will get the other spot. Perhaps a 'big gun' like a Strabane or Cookstown?

Strabane a big one? Hardly think so. They have played division 3 many many times

Suppose I meant more in terms of they've been knocking around division 1 the past few years but do remember them in division 3 around 12 years ago alright when there was a restructuring of the leagues. Moortown struggling too by the looks of it.

Strabane won Div3 in 2008 but the only reason they were junior that year was due to league restructuring.

Tyrone95

Carmen v Pomeroy now tomorrow evening (Friday) at 7.15 due to a wedding in the club. Should be an interesting game!  Carmen to scrape through by 3 my prediction

Gaafan2

Quote from: Tyrone95 on April 26, 2018, 10:44:48 PM
Carmen v Pomeroy now tomorrow evening (Friday) at 7.15 due to a wedding in the club. Should be an interesting game!  Carmen to scrape through by 3 my prediction

Can't see anything other than a comfortable carrickmore win. Unfortunately we're missing too many key men and don't have the strength and depth to replace them.

Tyrone Dreamer

I see in Donegal 22 of the county squad set out league games last weekend. Yet the county played a friendly on Tuesday night and are on a training camp in Belfast this week. The previous weekend a load more set out games. In Armagh the players are away to Portugal and will play no club matches this week.

Tyrone county board and management should be commended for not getting sucked into this stance against club football. It was the same the last few years and Tyrone still managed to win back to back ulsters. Come next Friday the players will have played 6 weekends in a row with their clubs barring a few who are injured. Sometimes in Tyrone people are quick to criticise but compared to other counties the games are run as well as they can be within the constraints of county fixtures set by croke park.

The joke in the whole thing is that by playing the games next Friday night and then going away for the weekend Tyrone are potentially going to lose home advantage for a league game next year. Doesn't seem fair given the availability of county players compared to other counties.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on April 27, 2018, 08:18:52 AM
I see in Donegal 22 of the county squad set out league games last weekend. Yet the county played a friendly on Tuesday night and are on a training camp in Belfast this week. The previous weekend a load more set out games. In Armagh the players are away to Portugal and will play no club matches this week.

Tyrone county board and management should be commended for not getting sucked into this stance against club football. It was the same the last few years and Tyrone still managed to win back to back ulsters. Come next Friday the players will have played 6 weekends in a row with their clubs barring a few who are injured. Sometimes in Tyrone people are quick to criticise but compared to other counties the games are run as well as they can be within the constraints of county fixtures set by croke park.

The joke in the whole thing is that by playing the games next Friday night and then going away for the weekend Tyrone are potentially going to lose home advantage for a league game next year. Doesn't seem fair given the availability of county players compared to other counties.

100% agree

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on April 27, 2018, 08:18:52 AM

Why will they lose home advantage on a game?

square_ball

Quote from: clarshack on April 26, 2018, 10:20:54 PM
Quote from: square_ball on April 26, 2018, 01:35:20 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on April 26, 2018, 01:25:37 PM
Quote from: square_ball on April 26, 2018, 12:47:03 PM
You're like the North Tyrone David O'Leary there Norf.

Both yourselves and the Tatts have started well. I'm not overly surprised both are excellent outfits. In terms of relegation it's probably derrytresk away even at this early stage. Then god knows who will get the other spot. Perhaps a 'big gun' like a Strabane or Cookstown?

Strabane a big one? Hardly think so. They have played division 3 many many times

Suppose I meant more in terms of they've been knocking around division 1 the past few years but do remember them in division 3 around 12 years ago alright when there was a restructuring of the leagues. Moortown struggling too by the looks of it.

Strabane won Div3 in 2008 but the only reason they were junior that year was due to league restructuring.

Were you affected by that restructuring as well? Didn't youse win the intermediate the year before to go to 1B and then the way the leagues changed you went down to 2 again? Or I could be totally wrong on that! I remember Augher went to Division 3 that year too but won the championship to go up again.

clarshack

yeah we won the intermediate in 06 but the following year in Div 1B you had to finish in the top 2 to stay senior. with 10 teams being relegated to intermediate a lot of the games ended up being glorified challenge games iirc. it's a pity cos if they had kept the 4 league divisions i think we could have stayed in 1B for a few years.

The Sweeper.com

Prediction time:

Division 1
Carrickmore St Colmcille's   V   Pomeroy Plunkett's
Omagh St Enda's   V   Galbally Pearse's
Derrylaughan Kevin Barry's   V   Errigal Ciaran
Trillick St Macartan's   V   Donaghmore St Patrick's
Ardboe O'Donovan Rossa   V   Clonoe O'Rahilly's
Aghyaran St Davog's   V   Edendork St Malachy's
Coalisland Fianna   V   Dromore St Dympna's
Moy Tír na nÓg   V   Killyclogher St Mary's

Division 2