Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on October 26, 2017, 03:05:48 PM
Brian McGuckin has confirmed he'll be staying with the Plunketts.

Brian will be managing against his native Edendork this upcoming season then, interesting to see what a Championship draw might bring there too.

skeog

twenty one yard free

Brian McGuigan turned down a lucrative salary to manage his neighbours in Derry the Loup last year, to quote him on a radio interview "was forced to manage his own club because the previous management had walked away"

The country knows what happened in Ardboe last year as it was well publised in the press following the well organised AGM

Brian in recent weeks was publicly on a rant about the support or lack of it from the Ardboe supporters  and obviously can't stick the heat and is rumoured to have pulled the pin on his managerial career

Not many clubs will want a manger who can't take Criticism, something which goes on along the wire on the majority of GAA pitches in Ireland, no matter who the manager is there will always be a few will disagree with some of the decisions that are made

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: twenty one yard free on October 26, 2017, 08:45:25 PM
Brian McGuigan turned down a lucrative salary to manage his neighbours in Derry the Loup last year, to quote him on a radio interview "was forced to manage his own club because the previous management had walked away"

The country knows what happened in Ardboe last year as it was well publised in the press following the well organised AGM

Brian in recent weeks was publicly on a rant about the support or lack of it from the Ardboe supporters  and obviously can't stick the heat and is rumoured to have pulled the pin on his managerial career

Not many clubs will want a manger who can't take Criticism, something which goes on along the wire on the majority of GAA pitches in Ireland, no matter who the manager is there will always be a few will disagree with some of the decisions that are made

That's very harsh, can't be easy trying to managing your own club especially when your also trying to run a business in the same area.

twenty one yard free

You know the oul saying

You can't be the local publican and manage the senior team at the same time

GetOverTheBar

Heard a very interesting name regarding the Clonoe job this morning.

If this goes through or has legs, it'll be a serious coup. Clonoe are aiming big anyway.

driveherin

That all you're giving us GetOverTheBar?

GetOverTheBar

Sorry don't want to put names on the public forum without hard evidence, I don't think it would be fair to speculate.

Dire Ear

Mikhailov

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 27, 2017, 10:53:31 AM
Sorry don't want to put names on the public forum without hard evidence, I don't think it would be fair to speculate.

I heard a big name connected to this job also but honestly don't think the guy will leave his current job but if he does it will be a big coup for the Rahillys...

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: Mikhailov on October 27, 2017, 11:47:30 AM

I heard a big name connected to this job also but honestly don't think the guy will leave his current job but if he does it will be a big coup for the Rahillys...

Naw last I heard Jim Gavin said he was going to try for another Sam with Dublin so they are back to square one.

southtyronegael

Quote from: Mikhailov on October 27, 2017, 11:47:30 AM

please tell me mickey harte is pulling out of tyrone job to go to clonoe?

on the hop

completely off the point, but I have a facebook page called gaa programme collectors. this year I am trying to collect the 70 odd county final programmes throughout the country. doing well so far but I am finding it hard to source a lot of them in ulster but especially the Tyrone hurling or football ones. looking for any advice or help where they can be got. I can be contacted through the Facebook page. thanks

longballin

Omagh beat.... predictable result. Slaughtneil awesome outfit seem to be getting better. Only won by two points but sounded comfortable...

rrhf

Said it all year. Hard luck omagh great effort. Slaughtneill will not be beat this year.