Manchester Arena

Started by Dougal Maguire, May 22, 2017, 11:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

22 confirmed dead now. Just devastating! Was at a Micky Flanagan show at the Arena a few weeks ago. Makes it all seem very close to home! RIP
That was never a square ball!!

laoislad

Horrendous and heartbreaking.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Shamrock Shore

Rois

Listening to the coverage on the radio this morning - incredibly sad that these youngsters would be targeted in such a way.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

screenexile

Horrible for those involved. I lived in Manchester for a while so I know they'll be hit hard but at the same time they won't lie down and hide.

Looks to be a targeted ISIS move now to hit Countries mid election to try and destabilise things, first France now the UK. As someone said Ireland is probably too small and has too small to be an effective target or lets hope so anyway.

To hit a concert full of teenagers though is a tough pill to swallow my heart goes out to all the families.

AZOffaly

Shocking stuff. Animals. RIP to those who lost their lives, except for the shit who actually blew himself up.

GaillimhIarthair

Absolutely horrific altogether and so close to home too - RIP to all that lost their lives and my heart goes out to all the parents and families that have lost their kids in this atrocity

Fuzzman

Horrific stuff.
People say we must continue life as normal and not let the terrorists win but can you imagine if you are parents now with kids in their teens that are due to go out to concerts or other large events and how you will worry for them.
I heard they are talking about cancelling the Take That concert.

Listening to some of the interviews this morning, it's always amazing how so many people who are at an incident like this or were at 9/11 often don't know what's actually going on whereas millions around the world see it first on TV.
One woman said they thought it was a large speaker that exploded and they didn't see anyone injured and it wasn't until they went back to the hotel that they realised how bad it was.

It sounds like he waited until the gig was almost over before trying to get into the foyer area when he knew people would be leaving

seafoid

Attacking girls is the lowest of the low
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Declan

https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0523/877214-manchester-arena-live-updates/

Reports of another explosion this morning???

People running from Corporation St in #Manchester as police clear area and move security cordon back
11:29 AM - 23 May 2017

screenexile

Arndale evacuated and a man arrested among reports of a suspect package. . . Manchester is a scary place to be at the minute unfortunately!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: stew on May 23, 2017, 10:00:31 AM
Quote from: screenexile on May 23, 2017, 09:08:52 AM
Horrible for those involved. I lived in Manchester for a while so I know they'll be hit hard but at the same time they won't lie down and hide.

Looks to be a targeted ISIS move now to hit Countries mid election to try and destabilise things, first France now the UK. As someone said Ireland is probably too small and has too small to be an effective target or lets hope so anyway.

To hit a concert full of teenagers though is a tough pill to swallow my heart goes out to all the families.

Cowardly radical muslim scum did this, nothing is sacred apart from their paedophile prophet to these knackers!

I cannot imagine what the poor families are going through at this time.

Radical ISIS  scum most muslims would be disgusted that something like this is done in their name
Prayers and thoughts to the innocent victims and their family's
Terrible times 
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on May 23, 2017, 11:43:42 AM
Arndale evacuated and a man arrested among reports of a suspect package. . . Manchester is a scary place to be at the minute unfortunately!
Anywhere that has been attacked is scary the day after. I was in Bombay when it was attacked by Pakistani militants in 2008.They killed about 60 people. The next day was insane. There was a rumour of a separate cell attacking people in another part of the city. Everything was shut down. There was panic in the office.We downed tools at 2. People were wondering if it was safe to go home.

The disturbance  turned out to be a normal  row between 2 tramps. For a nice Indian touch the private sector TV channel ran an update on the police operation and how thexy were going to deal with the terrorists. The terrorists were watching it. 

At the school there was a meeting of parents and some of them wanted to have armed guards at the gates and some of the mothers were inconsolable.

It is a horrible time even if you haven't been hurt.

seafoid

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2017/may/22/manchester-arena-ariana-grande-concert-explosion-england#59241249e4b0ca009308f2cb

Human Appeal, Britain's leading Muslim charity, has launched an appeal to raise money for the victims of the Manchester attack and their families

Muslims for Manchester was launched on Tuesday morning by the charity, which is based in the city.
Othman Moqbel, Human Appeal's chief executive, said: "As a Muslim, as a Mancunian and as a father, I want the victims and their families of Monday night's attack to know that my prayers, the prayers of everyone at Human Appeal and the prayers of Manchester's Muslim community, are with them. Although the details are currently unclear, this appears to be a despicable and abhorrent attack targeting innocent members of our community.

"Manchester's Muslim community stands united with everyone in the city ... Once again my prayers and love go to the victims, their families and this great city