Premier League 2016/17

Started by Boycey, July 13, 2016, 01:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Boycey on December 31, 2016, 09:19:58 PM
I don't think United particularly deserve to be in top 4 but I do think Guardiola is getting an easy ride from media compared to Mourinho although a see a right bit of sniping on twitter this evening..

On Guardiola, does anyone think the players understand all the hand signals and gestures he spends all his time making. He looks like a bookies tictac man.

He is maybe being cut a bit of slack as he hasn't managed in England before, unlike Mourinho.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GJL

Quote from: Minder on December 31, 2016, 09:22:35 PM
I don't think United particularly deserve to be in top 4 but I do think Guardiola is getting an easy ride from media compared to Mourinho although a see a right bit of sniping on twitter this evening..

On Guardiola, does anyone think the players understand all the hand signals and gestures he spends all his time making. He looks like a bookies tictac man.

He is maybe being cut a bit of slack as he hasn't managed in England before, unlike Mourinho.

That and also the fact that the media are obsessed with all things Utd.

Boycey

The media aren't famous for cutting anybody much slack, ask Bob Bradley.

Milltown Row2

It's bad to drink in hotel room night before game but ok to get arrested for drink driving!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

He is a bit of a knob and brings it on himself whereas Guardiola is a likeable character.

Boycey

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 01, 2017, 10:37:42 AM

He is a bit of a knob and brings it on himself whereas Guardiola is a likeable character.

Sounds about right, media judge teams performances on whether they think the manager is a knob or not.

imtommygunn

It is the english media. They will get on certain managers back quicker than others. They would have been on his case before he started. Also when they slate him he responds which gives them another story and on it goes.

laoislad

Goal of the season from Giroud
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

It's definitely the best goal scored this year  :D

Cunny Funt

Was said on Sky it's the first time since 1991 that both Manchester clubs are outside the top 4 after 19 games. Performance wise this season City certainly deserve to be out of the top 4.

Minder

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 01, 2017, 06:02:18 PM
Was said on Sky it's the first time since 1991 that both Manchester clubs are outside the top 4 after 19 games. Performance wise this season City certainly deserve to be out of the top 4.

City are in top 4, joint 4th
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

heganboy

or in real life 5th, because of, you know, the table...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity