Premier League 2016/17

Started by Boycey, July 13, 2016, 01:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

With the Euros over and the transfer silly season about to crank up a notch we might as well get this started.

Most open league in years? Leicester winning last season meaning that all we previously thought about the league is out the window :-).
There are currently 7 teams at 20/1 or less in the betting.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Boycey on July 13, 2016, 01:44:13 PM
With the Euros over and the transfer silly season about to crank up a notch we might as well get this started.

Most open league in years? Leicester winning last season meaning that all we previously thought about the league is out the window :-).
Can't imagine we'll see Leicester or any other tier 2 team troubling the top spots this season. As ever United go in hot favourites.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 13, 2016, 02:00:40 PM

Can't imagine we'll see Leicester or any other tier 2 team troubling the top spots this season. As ever United go in hot favourites.
think leicester will do well to be in the top 7 or 8 next season. Conte impressed as Italy boss during the euros and should bring a bit of fun to the touchline next season.
nil satis nisi optimum

Maroon Manc

Its very difficult to make a prediction given all the new managers and I'm really surprised that bookies have City such strong favourites. City will likely bring in more players than everyone else and will change they way they play drastically.

Chelsea have no European football and still have a lot of good players going forward if Conte can sort out their defence although his lack of experience managing in England will count against him.

laoislad

Very hard to call this season I think.
I'll go with a top 4 of (in no particular order)Man City,Chelsea,Liverpool and Man United.
Don't think Liverpool will win it so the winner will come from the other 3 imo.

Relegated will be Burnley, Bournemouth and Watford .
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenexile

I'm really looking forward to the contrasting managers this year. A lot of strong personalities in the top clubs now Mourinho, Klopp, Conte, Pep, Big Sam, there are sure to be a few dust ups here and there.

Football wise the lads above are all reasonably successful so it will be interesting to see who prevails!

Fuzzman

Has there ever been a season like this where virtually all of so called top teams will have new managers bar Arsenal and Spurs. With Klopp, Conte, Pep & Special One all in the mix you would imagine there will be a lot of characters there.
Everton and Southampton also with new managers and maybe Sunderland will be losing big Sam too. Any others?

I see Klopp has told Mario to sling his hook as they already have Daniel Sturridge, Christian Benteke, Divock Origi, Danny Ings and now Mane all in front of him.

grantwool

Quote from: SHEEDY on July 13, 2016, 02:37:18 PM

think leicester will do well to be in the top 7 or 8 next season. Conte impressed as Italy boss during the euros and should bring a bit of fun to the touchline next season.

I agree on this. Conte will surely lift Chelsea this season!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: laoislad on July 13, 2016, 03:05:21 PM
Very hard to call this season I think.
I'll go with a top 4 of (in no particular order)Man City,Chelsea,Liverpool and Man United.
Don't think Liverpool will win it so the winner will come from the other 3 imo.

Relegated will be Burnley, Bournemouth and Watford .

Based on what?? All the quality new signings??  ;D ;D ;D

JoG2

1. Liverpool
2. Chelsea
3. Man City
4. Man Utd
5. Arsenal
6. Spurs

Tony Baloney

It's United's to lose as far as I can see.

Captain Obvious

It's not the best league in the world however it probably has the best managers. Leicester City made a very average premier league interesting last season and now with better managers at the so called bigger clubs it will bring a overall improvement on this money making hyped up league.

Milltown Row2

City are 2/1 favs... best team this season by a mile.... Utd will be lucky to get 4th place
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Stallion

City have that clown Hart as keeper, a dodgy defence, and have bought badly in Nolito and Gundogan. I certainly wouldn't agree they're the best team by a mile.

If Aguero gets injured they haven't a hope of winning the league with the current squad.

ONeill

I think it'll be a quality fight between City, Utd and Chelsea. Mourinho's record makes him favourite and a couple of astute, short terms buys will mean he could lift the title, discard his one-season wonders, and build a real team. Looking forward to City's season too. Pep usually wins titles.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.