Leinster Senior Hurling Championship 2020

Started by G@@, March 03, 2020, 09:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merman

I'd like to think that's not the case but I'm not blind to the fact that you (and they) could well be right.

I think there are a myriad of different reasons why many county board positions aren't contested. Its regrettable but I disagree with the idea that there is an apathy around trying to improve Laois hurling and, of course, football.

But I do concede you're right about me playing the man rather than the ball in this instance.
I've said my piece and I'll leave it at that

clonadmad

Quote from: Ogie on November 30, 2020, 01:25:03 PM
Few more names for Eamonn & Co to consider
Brendan Cummins
Liam Dunne ( Wexford )
Richie Mullally
Damien Young
Eoin Brislane
Michael Rice
David Franks
Frank Flannery
Paudie Murray
Jamsie O Connor
Johnny Kelly
Tj ryan

Lots of really good coaches out there, the Manager with the bit of gold dust a lot less plentiful

TJ Ryan gone to Charleville Ogie

The list is starting to thin out with clubs and counties planning ahead.

I hope our CB with Eamon have the bit between their teeth

High Fielder

One of the leading hurlers of our generation publicly humiliated one or two of them, and the next week they looked for re-election. That takes a particular brand of disconnect from reality in my opinion. I would personally drift away after that, but each to their own. They must really have a passion for Laois GAA. It's a shitty state of affairs.

In my eyes, their credibility is shot after Brennan. Sugrue was a hard one to swallow, and Brennan is too. I actually want to separate my interest in Laois GAA from everything they do. Our players at every level mean far more to me than their phoney elections. About time our media developed a backbone too and actually started reflecting some people's concerns. Not everyone and I accept that. But a little objectivity is no harm at all

portlaoisekid

Quote from: High Fielder on December 01, 2020, 07:15:09 PM
One of the leading hurlers of our generation publicly humiliated one or two of them, and the next week they looked for re-election. That takes a particular brand of disconnect from reality in my opinion. I would personally drift away after that, but each to their own. They must really have a passion for Laois GAA. It's a shitty state of affairs.

In my eyes, their credibility is shot after Brennan. Sugrue was a hard one to swallow, and Brennan is too. I actually want to separate my interest in Laois GAA from everything they do. Our players at every level mean far more to me than their phoney elections. About time our media developed a backbone too and actually started reflecting some people's concerns. Not everyone and I accept that. But a little objectivity is no harm at all
super post

Chrimtain

Great points made and real passion for Laois GAA displayed here, but nobody, including myself, has gone to their clubs and sought nomination for any of the posts on the County Board in order to break up the current cosy set up. Is this just a forum for hot air?

Ogie

I see John McEvoy stepped down as Derry Manager,
Has he learnt the trade a bit with that job to be in the picture for our own job now? Johnny McGuirk with him as coach ?

High Fielder

No I don't think it is. That to me is the biggest lie in all this. That if you seek nomination, and somehow by the grace of God make it through, that you can affect change. That's rubbish. They don't want change. Change would mean new ideas, new ways of doing things, extra fundraising. We should never forget Eddie's words in that interview. There it is. See what you can do. That's not good enough for a senior inter county manager to put up with. You're looking at changing a mindset there as well as everything else.

I'm hoping the next man in isn't just a money grabber. I kinda feel that our system ensures that's all he really can be after Brennan. We can't go on replacing lads who seem to have a real passion for making things better in our county. Some day, we'll have to take a good look at ourselves and ask is it we who are wrong

clonadmad

As I said earlier

There's 12-14 top table positions up,that are up for re-election this year and every year.

There are 3 contests this year at convention

Only 1 new person putting his head up for election

Lads here don't like me saying it,even to the extent of ad hominem attacks

But if you have only new person willing  to go forward and it's not apathy what is it ?

My solution  for the 2021 convention at its too late for 2020

There should be a delegation of us knocking on the likes of pat or cheddars door or some other well respected laois person

Asking them to run as chairperson

This is the key bit

They then over the next few months sound out and get the remaining 10-12 best qualified people in situ to run for all the positions

And when convention time comes around they have a viable alternative Cabinet for want of a better phrase to be elected at convention

This affects a mass clearout of the existing top table

You don't have 1 or 2 going in and getting swallowed up by the existing incumbents,you have a majority of fresh thinking people at the table this way.

The more I think about it through an Independent supporters club is the first step.

Not only to raise money but also for talented  willing passionate laois people to coalesce together.

merman

Quote from: Ogie on December 02, 2020, 08:20:39 AM
I see John McEvoy stepped down as Derry Manager,
Has he learnt the trade a bit with that job to be in the picture for our own job now? Johnny McGuirk with him as coach ?

McEvoy with someone like McGuirk, Paddy Stapleton or Niall Williams would be an interesting option.

Zooming around

Quote from: High Fielder on December 02, 2020, 08:43:46 AM
No I don't think it is. That to me is the biggest lie in all this. That if you seek nomination, and somehow by the grace of God make it through, that you can affect change. That's rubbish. They don't want change. Change would mean new ideas, new ways of doing things, extra fundraising. We should never forget Eddie's words in that interview. There it is. See what you can do. That's not good enough for a senior inter county manager to put up with. You're looking at changing a mindset there as well as everything else.

I'm hoping the next man in isn't just a money grabber. I kinda feel that our system ensures that's all he really can be after Brennan. We can't go on replacing lads who seem to have a real passion for making things better in our county. Some day, we'll have to take a good look at ourselves and ask is it we who are wrong

We can talk all we like about the need for new faces being elected but the one position that needs changing most is not up for election. It doesn't matter if Mickey Lutty or Barack Obama is elected Chairman/vice chairman/delegate Laois GAA is run by one/two person(s) only. One in particular and he hates hurling.

High Fielder

Quote from: clonadmad on December 02, 2020, 09:18:36 AM
As I said earlier

There's 12-14 top table positions up,that are up for re-election this year and every year.

But if you have only new person willing  to go forward and it's not apathy what is it ?

There should be a delegation of us knocking on the likes of pat or cheddars door or some other well respected laois person

This is the key bit

They then over the next few months sound out and get the remaining 10-12 best qualified people in situ to run for all the positions

And when convention time comes around they have a viable alternative Cabinet for want of a better phrase to be elected at convention

You don't have 1 or 2 going in and getting swallowed up by the existing incumbents,you have a majority of fresh thinking people at the table this way.

The more I think about it through an Independent supporters club is the first step.

Not only to raise money but also for talented  willing passionate laois people to coalesce together.

Isn't that what the CB is meant to be? A collection of our brightest and best minds coming together to do all of the above. Sounds like a breeding ground for conflict to me. Leave them at it. They know best. Always. About everything.

High Fielder

Quote from: Zooming around on December 02, 2020, 10:38:12 AM

We can talk all we like about the need for new faces being elected but the one position that needs changing most is not up for election. It doesn't matter if Mickey Lutty or Barack Obama is elected Chairman/vice chairman/delegate Laois GAA is run by one/two person(s) only. One in particular and he hates hurling.

I'm hearing you Zooming. Unless you want your soul destroyed, my advice would be to steer clear. They don't need or want upstarts telling them how to do things differently. They're doing a wonderful job, and moving chairs every couple of years just makes for continuity of service.

clonadmad

Quote from: High Fielder on December 02, 2020, 10:41:16 AM
As I said earlier

This is the key bit

Isn't that what the CB is meant to be? A collection of our brightest and best minds coming together to do all of the above. Sounds like a breeding ground for conflict to me. Leave them at it. They know best. Always. About everything.

Fair enough

Best to do nothing then and just complain on here

clonadmad

Quote from: Zooming around on December 02, 2020, 10:38:12 AM

Which position isn't up for election?

High Fielder

Quote from: clonadmad on December 02, 2020, 10:51:00 AM
Quote from: High Fielder on December 02, 2020, 10:41:16 AM
As I said earlier

This is the key bit

Fair enough

Best to do nothing then and just complain on here

Unless you're on the CB or are in the process of putting yourself forward, I'm assuming you are aiming at yourself there too