Leinster Senior Hurling Championship 2020

Started by G@@, March 03, 2020, 09:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohara

Cheddar and Rigney, both from the club that have biggest pick by country mile in the county.....and they cant even put the structures and systems in place to get their own club to top level.....but based on nothing only their media presence their the lads we need involved....nonsense. laois need a good portlaoise hurling team and town, cheddar has them playing 2nd tier, get their own house in order before they save the county please

Probably a lot less than the current very long list of f**k ups. Obviously the people would need to put themselves forward for selection. But I'll tell you what, I'd rather have folk like Cheddar or Rigney having input than some of the officers we have.
[/quote]

Blow-in

Quote from: The PRO on November 13, 2020, 05:02:11 PM
Quote from: High Fielder on November 13, 2020, 09:07:18 AM
two independently elected representatives on the CB, say a poll run by Laois Today
Laois Today poll to elect two representatives on the county board. What could possibly go wrong?!!

I think it was the Laois People social media page, not Laois Today

portlaoisekid

Quote from: ohara on November 13, 2020, 08:46:24 PM
Cheddar and Rigney, both from the club that have biggest pick by country mile in the county.....and they cant even put the structures and systems in place to get their own club to top level.....but based on nothing only their media presence their the lads we need involved....nonsense. laois need a good portlaoise hurling team and town, cheddar has them playing 2nd tier, get their own house in order before they save the county please

Probably a lot less than the current very long list of f**k ups. Obviously the people would need to put themselves forward for selection. But I'll tell you what, I'd rather have folk like Cheddar or Rigney having input than some of the officers we have.
super stuff, the coherence of your argument suggests you would thrive on our county board....

Cheddar and Niall would obviously be awful choices as part of a Laois administration but hell  the lads in there are doing so well , I believe it's a case of it's not broken why fix it ?

ohara

yes you really picked my arguement apart there!!!
its not an arguement though, it's an observation...if they dont have leadership and drive to make hurling thrive in out biggest population centre, why would you think they the men for county board ( a bigger job)

Eddie brennan  seemed to imply he wanted club championship run off a a blitz, bar not having 2 physios, he didnt make one coherent point to woolly, just enjoyed giving out for sake of it.  I'd love to see him continue, maybe he should offer to half his fee as contrition for rubbish he spreading.

they weren't questioning his performance as manager was a gripe of his...if they were he be going to woolly, "woolly look at the year we had last year, and the gombeens in county board are challenging me on fitness of team etc"

a five minute rant with no coherent points made...populas rubbish that appeals to people on Facebook and twitter.
Eddie Brennan wanted more funds, but never gave one hint of type of stuff more funds would bring to laois set up  nonsense!!

quote author=portlaoisekid link=topic=29598.msg2008337#msg2008337 date=1605306501]
Quote from: ohara on November 13, 2020, 08:46:24 PM

super stuff, the coherence of your argument suggests you would thrive on our county board....

Cheddar and Niall would obviously be awful choices as part of a Laois administration but hell  the lads in there are doing so well , I believe it's a case of it's not broken why fix it ?
[/quote]

High Fielder

Two names were mentioned, two respected names, and you latched onto that ohara. Everyone's credibility can be torn to shreds if you analyse them in detail or, if you really want to, which you seem to want to do. Fair play, you're even having a great shot at taking down a many times All Ireland winner, but I think that's the point at which you lost me. The man knows his stuff and he didn't ask for the Championship to be run like a Blitz at all, so your paraphrasing is futile. Yes he went on a bit of a rant, and if given a lot more time than 5 minutes, I could go on a massive rant about everything that grinds my gears with Laois GAA. I don't mind that you take the opposing view, or that you have an axe to grind, but this is not populous bullshit. A lot of people have had enough with the way things are done, and I know some players I can count amongst this number; some on the panel and some not. Some current and some ex. I'm grateful to Eddie Brennan for confirming to me what I had been thinking for a very long time, and if he's done nothing else, he has certainly confirmed that everything is not the way I would want it to be.

By the way, I seem to remember another poster using your name who would come on in typical wind up merchant fashion whenever an issue arose in my fine county. Now I'm not accusing you of anything, and if you want to debate, let's get it on. But if you are on here just looking for a wind up, I suggest you crawl back into whatever Carlow/Kildare/Offaly gripe you came out of.

Keyser Söze

Just looking at some stuff on Social Media and there are a couple of small things we would need to get realistic about.

Splitting the pot and fundraising separately for hurling and football isn't and can't be an option. I think hurling would probably suffer here.

Contributions to a supporters fund would be welcome. But if people would elect to do this instead of purchasing €130 tickets etc we are back to square one.
The CB should certainly be more proactive, but it's not quite as simple as some on social media are making out.

People need to calm a little.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

High Fielder

I accept what you're saying Keyser, but Eddie Brennan's interview was the final straw for me. I have poured thousands into Laois GAA and always had my grievances with the lack of foresight, progression and ambition. No more. If the right people got on board, I would be happy to donate funds as I outlined earlier to all sectors of Laois GAA, without bias, even though I am more football than hurling. I'm just not happy with the way things are being done, and my pocket will be the beneficiary for now until things change. f**k them. They don't own Laois GAA

thegreeenandgold

Quote from: Keyser Söze on November 14, 2020, 10:36:48 AM
Just looking at some stuff on Social Media and there are a couple of small things we would need to get realistic about.

Splitting the pot and fundraising separately for hurling and football isn't and can't be an option. I think hurling would probably suffer here.

Contributions to a supporters fund would be welcome. But if people would elect to do this instead of purchasing €130 tickets etc we are back to square one.
The CB should certainly be more proactive, but it's not quite as simple as some on social media are making out.

People need to calm a little.

Finally some sense,  I await the Vichy County Board for Laois.  When is the coup d etat  ?  Mad to see some former Laois GAA employees throwing grenades on here .  Its a pity they could not solve the problems when they were in the job.   

High Fielder

If there are any ex employees on here, it wouldn't be too hard to find them. They run it on a shoestring and pay peanuts from what I've heard. More WUM rhetoric quite possibly from a CB delegate or officer. See, we can all just make up the narrative to suit our story

Keyser Söze

Now Green&Gold I think it's very obvious from your postings that you are very PRO Laois County Board. You only ever seem to COMMENTATE in blind defense of them.

Despite what I said there's no point in arguing that LCB are fundraising to the max. Nor that it's as simple as putting your name forward for a position. Ranks close pretty quickly & the "game" of staying in would be tiresome for most people.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

clonadmad

Maybe if posters identified the problems and then came up with solutions

We would be a lot further on

Heshs Umpire

I'm not even going to attempt to get involved in this argument but I would point out that the perception that county board is some form of closed shop isn't exactly accurate. Of the 14 or 15 members of the current executive, one is a permanent member and paid employee (the secretary) and there are 7 or 8 on it who weren't three years ago.
I've no "skin in the game" either. Feck it, they blocked me on twitter a few weeks ago! But just pointing that out.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

High Fielder

Ah come on Hesh. We all know that the criteria here is to sit politely, nod in the appropriate places and take your free car parking and entry. Do Nothing Delegates and sorry to use a Trumpism. For all the criticism I hear from our pious local media, I honestly feel more enlightened reading this forum and other social media platforms. I can't stand being patronised and that's all I'm hearing from those who have vested interest. I'll say it again. Fair f**king play Eddie Brennan. You confirmed what I suspected for a very long time

ohara

great post.
high fielder could write a book and county board problems, but cant be bothered point out any of the issues here.

eddie brennan the same,  gave out about them, without actually really saying what he unhappy with.

as I said, nonsense....

Quote from: clonadmad on November 14, 2020, 12:30:50 PM
Maybe if posters identified the problems and then came up with solutions

We would be a lot further on

High Fielder

The issues have been well documented. Some great solutions and ideas have been put forward by clonad, Keyser and one or two other very good posters. Your noise can't detract from that o'hara. Your criticism of Brennan, quite frankly, is embarrassing. The man uses all Ireland medals to pay for his parking. Give up