36 (44.4%)
Derry to Win
44 (54.3%)
Draw after extra-time
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: armaghniac on July 14, 2007, 05:48:47 PM
Well done Derry, good to see that they have pushed on after beating Armagh.

Agreed - well done to the Derry lads - I hope yez make it a long Summer!  ;)

clarshack

mayo - feckin pathetic. will always let you down.

Tyrone Dreamer

Well done Derry. As I said before the game theyre a tough team to beat when they decide to play. Signs of Paddy Bradley getting back to form. Feel sorry for Mayo supporters but no JOM. Always seem to be anti Tyrone and seemed to take digs at the "Northern style" at every opportunity. Maybe he wasnt such an expert after all!

ONeill

Well done Derry. Didn't believe you could do it. You've no-one to fear now and no-one will want to draw the Oak Leafers.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Maximus Marillius

Great show from Derry, Bradley on fire, Mc Goldrick ate Mortimor, Lynch had a horse of a game when he came on WHF, we dominated in many positions, maybe Lynchboy is rite, get a good manager and who knows? Physically we dominated, oh Fergal Doherty put in a few big hits, a brute!

thebuzz

Unreal support compared with the Armagh game. They really came out of the woodwork today.

Five minutes into the second half I thought here we go again. It looked like Mayo were going to take off. Good to see Derry pulling it off. We still make awful ball handling errors (especially coming out of defence) but if we maintain that hunger who knows how far we'll get.

armaghniac

QuoteUnreal support compared with the Armagh game. They really came out of the woodwork today.

All the same Celtic Park wasn't exactly full, judging by the clip on TV, if you couldn't get a few today you'd never get them. But I suppose few Mayo people were there and they may have wished they weren't there and Saturday games never really draw a crowd.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

oakleaf93

Over the moon with the result today. I'd be a skeptic at the best of times and never saw this coming. Big Enda was different class in the middle of the park and was the main difference( his goal summed up his pure class) Mayo seemed very brittle and the heads dropped after derrys first goal. But less about our opponents shortcomings, it was a Derry performance of the highest class ;D

tbrick18

The mightiest Derry performance  I have seen in a long time....definately an improvement from the Armagh game even.
Lynch did do really well when he came on but it might have taken the withdrawal from the original starting line up to get the performance out of him.

Really happy with the determination, spirit and skill they players showed...this is how we all want to see our team approach a game, and continuing to do it will undoubtedly attract more supporters to every game.

Cant wait for the draw to see who we get next...some big hitters in there yet but think we have a good chance of beating anyone now if we can keep the heads and build on each game.

blast05

Switching Muldoon to midfield ..... seldom has one change been the catalyst for such an upping in a teams performance    ........ based purely on listening to the radio !!

Hound

Only saw the brief highlights after the hurling game, so hard to analyse. But it was very poor judgement from the Mayo keeper that gifted Derry their first goal, which was a key score, and the keeper wasnt too clever for the second one either, standing a mile off his line, albeit a lovely finish.

EDIT - recent results also give further evidence to the notion that Monaghan are a good team. Win or lose v Tyrone, I'm sure they'll be in the quarters.

Owenmoresider

Mayo lads - any truth in the rumour that JOM has retired to life as an opposition backbencher?

MacDanger

well done Derry, if none of the Connacht teams do it, I hope ye go all the way.

Listened to it on the radio. By the sounds of it Howley and Cunniffe were big positives as was Hanley. Will be some casulaties before nexy year but def think that O'Neill, McD and Heaney have a lot to offer anyway.

Sounded like SML was savage, What a legend, as good as pony??

screenmachine

SML was unreal today as was the other corner back mcgoldrick, a real masterclass given in both corners, kevin mcguckin may go and look about another position ;) ;) :D
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

WJP11

Well done Derry - you beat us out the gate today. Here's a Mayo view on the day's events: http://www.mayogaablog.blogspot.com/