Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: balladmaker on February 05, 2021, 08:22:29 PM
WTF ...

Three dead in a fight over snow: Man, 47, shoots feuding neighbors with handgun and rifle for shoveling snow into his yard - before turning gun on himself

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9223991/Couple-killed-row-shoveling-dumping-snow-neighbors-yard.html

Seen the video last night. Jesus H Christ. America for ye!

armaghniac

With the snow coming next week, I am happy that my neighbours do not own any assault weapons.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rudi

The Gaurds "boosting our morale" doing silly dances.

BennyCake

Quote from: armaghniac on February 05, 2021, 09:30:34 PM
With the snow coming next week, I am happy that my neighbours do not own any assault weapons.

I'm sure they have a bread knife, high heel shoes or a Selfie stick?

Jeepers Creepers

Compare that to the behaviour of their northern Counterparts in East Belfast this week and today on the Ormeau Road.

imtommygunn

general_lee

A real WTF moment. What they hoped to achieve is beyond me

imtommygunn

Not to be dramatic about it but that has setback the psni by years and quite frankly makes it look untenable if there is to be such a disparity in how one "side" is treated vs the other.

restorepride

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 05, 2021, 10:37:26 PM
Not to be dramatic about it but that has setback the psni by years and quite frankly makes it look untenable if there is to be such a disparity in how one "side" is treated vs the other.
I agree totally.  In truth, the psni are all-over-the-place when you think back to the BLM protests v 'protect our British Statues' protests and the action that did/didn't follow and now this evening in Belfast - a 'wreath-laying ceremony', with arrests/agression that did/didn't happen v the blatant UDA/UVF 'parade'.

Sometimes, I don't think that the native Irish/nationalist 'voice' fully realises the 'power' that we could have if we started writing letters etc to our political representatives and also psni etc.  Have confidence in our own worth.

Feckitt

Lots of people in the North still feel uneasy or embarrassed about expressing their desire for a new united Ireland because for all our lives the media has cast such ideas as being sectarian, dangerous, pro-IRA or just plain stupid.  Everything official still starts from a pro-British viewpoint.  People talk about the Unionist majority being eroded or potentially changing but this has already happened.  It's time to stop hiding and shout from the rooftops.  A New Ireland is needed, A 32 County Ireland, were we can take what's best from each side of the border and create a better country for everyone.  The Time is Now!!

For those that don't believe me?  Here's a few stats.

In the 2019 Westminster Election a minority of the seats were won by Unionist Candidates 8/18

In the 2019 Westminster Election a minority of the votes were cast for Unionist parties 43.0%

In the 2019 Local Elections, Unionists were in a minority on Belfast City Council winning less than a third of the seats 19/60

In the 2017 Stormont Assembly Election, a minority of seats were won by Unionist candidates 40/90

In the 2011 Census, A minority of the population were Protestant or brought up Protestant (48%)  This will reduce again in this years census

In the 2011 Census, A minority of the population had a British National Identity (48%)  This will reduce in this years census.

seafoid

Quote from: Feckitt on February 06, 2021, 11:21:51 AM
Lots of people in the North still feel uneasy or embarrassed about expressing their desire for a new united Ireland because for all our lives the media has cast such ideas as being sectarian, dangerous, pro-IRA or just plain stupid.  Everything official still starts from a pro-British viewpoint.  People talk about the Unionist majority being eroded or potentially changing but this has already happened.  It's time to stop hiding and shout from the rooftops.  A New Ireland is needed, A 32 County Ireland, were we can take what's best from each side of the border and create a better country for everyone.  The Time is Now!!

For those that don't believe me?  Here's a few stats.

In the 2019 Westminster Election a minority of the seats were won by Unionist Candidates 8/18

In the 2019 Westminster Election a minority of the votes were cast for Unionist parties 43.0%

In the 2019 Local Elections, Unionists were in a minority on Belfast City Council winning less than a third of the seats 19/60

In the 2017 Stormont Assembly Election, a minority of seats were won by Unionist candidates 40/90

In the 2011 Census, A minority of the population were Protestant or brought up Protestant (48%)  This will reduce again in this years census

In the 2011 Census, A minority of the population had a British National Identity (48%)  This will reduce in this years census.
Losing the right to choose first First Minister would be a real blow to.Unionism.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

The latest in a string of bitter pills for them to swallow. Losing  North Belfast was really difficult for them.

armaghniac

from Garda Facebook, this individual does not have a great career ahead as a forger

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

Quote from: armaghniac on February 12, 2021, 12:15:06 PM
from Garda Facebook, this individual does not have a great career ahead as a forger

;D