Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on July 30, 2021, 10:10:53 AM
How does relegation work. Is it bottom 4 straight down? Or are there playoffs to be done. Taking in other clubs.

Edendork, Galbally and Derrylaughan I would say are as good as gone after their slow starts, I'm
not sure they have enough to fight back (Although 2-3 weeks ago I would have had Eglish in that mix).  Edendork badly hit by the starred system.

Pomeroy would be my 4th team to go. They don't seem to get a big lift from
their county men.

Eglish will hang on.

Four straight down.
Unclear as to what happens if a load of teams end up on same points. I imagine score difference and then scores for.

kickitin

How does relegation work. Is it bottom 4 straight down? Or are there playoffs to be done. Taking in other clubs.

Edendork, Galbally and Derrylaughan I would say are as good as gone after their slow starts, I'm
not sure they have enough to fight back (Although 2-3 weeks ago I would have had Eglish in that mix).  Edendork badly hit by the starred system.

their county men.

Eglish will hang on.

hard to look past these 4 teams to go down, it would make it very interesting towards the latter end of the season however if Omagh and the fianna are still struggling. Would lead to some very exciting games with teams like Pomeroy and derrylaughan fired up for games knowing they will be fighting for their safety. feel like edendork are too far in the dumps now to get anything out of the last half of the season. but then again, the 3 men coming into their side will arguebly make the biggest difference to their side out of any club in the county

Moonshine

Quote from: Under Lights on July 30, 2021, 10:56:56 AM

their county men.

Eglish will hang on.

Four straight down.
Unclear as to what happens if a load of teams end up on same points. I imagine score difference and then scores for.

Throw Coalisland into that mix. Worst Coalisland team in years. Wonder what the ref did wrong tonight again? Must be something wrong in that camp. Can't see mc guckin lasting to the next game

Tyrone11234

Derrylaughan get a point off Dromore- lough shore never an easy place to go to.

StPatsAbu

Quote from: Tyrone11234 on July 30, 2021, 11:01:11 PM
Derrylaughan get a point off Dromore- lough shore never an easy place to go to.

Yep. Even if the footballers are shite the flies will get ye

skeog

Mr PRO should pay a visit to Specsavers after his major error last night gifting a point to Drumragh which had gone wide.

Mikhailov

Some decent & strange results last night -
Errigal hammering Fianna, by a big scoreline
Dromore drawing in lough shore. Have DKB got new management in place yet. That could be the reason, new voice always gets a bounce
Omagh defeating high flying Moy, or at least they were high flying
Pomeroy losing heavily in Donaghmore who had 14 men for a lot of the game and were missing men due to isolation.
Eglish keep their winning run going
Carmen going strong, not easy to win in the Clarke's

Season on hold if Tyrone win today and results will get back to normal on the return of the county lads - some clubs need a big finish to the season to stay up

RedHand88

their county men.

Eglish will hang on.

Four straight down.

Bring them all to Garvaghey for a blitz. 7 a side, 10mins each way. Get the burger vans and a pop up bar up. It'll be class.

stillsenior

their county men.

Eglish will hang on.

Four straight down.

This is the byelaws for this year say

29. When teams finish with equal points for qualification for the concluding staged, or for
promotion or relegation, the tie shall be decided by the following means and in the order
specified:
i) The outcome of the meeting(s) of the teams in the previous game(s) in the
competition
ii) The largest scoring difference (subtracting the total scores against from the total
scores for) in the meetings of the teams in the previous game(s)
iii) The highest total scores for, in the meeting(s) of the teams in the previous game(s)
iv) Largest overall league scoring difference (subtracting the total scores against from
total scores for)
v) The highest overall league total score for
vi) A playoff

omagh_gael

Quote from: Mikhailov on July 31, 2021, 08:25:28 AM
Dromore drawing in lough shore. Have DKB got new management in place yet. That could be the reason, new voice always gets a bounce
Pomeroy losing heavily in Donaghmore who had 14 men for a lot of the game and were missing men due to isolation.

Season on hold if Tyrone win today and results will get back to normal on the return of the county lads - some clubs need a big finish to the season to stay up

You forgot about the Lough ;)

Mikhailov

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 31, 2021, 12:04:27 PM

You forgot about the Lough ;)

The Lough beating Edendork was not a surprise

Gaafan2

Donaghmore men were full out bar Niall Mckenna who's injured. They're a very good team who are only going to get better. We're now in big trouble. Looking like relegation for us unless we win 6 out of our last 8 games.

Under Lights

Division 1 reserve championship Friday night

on the sideline

Lads can you help settle an argument here. Jarlath Quinn the big midfielder from Promeroy who was on the Tyrone panel for a while, what's his occupation? Is he a doctor? Or who was the doctor on the Tyrone panel in and and around that time?lol Thanks!

imtommygunn

He's not a doctor though not sure of his occupation. Might be a salesperson of some kind I think.

Not sure who was the doctor.