Colour gone on Television - anyone any solutions?

Started by Maguire01, June 22, 2008, 01:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

try pouring a jug of water down the back of it....

my ma did that by accident when watering flowers and the picture's never been better....

mind you that might of been because the insurance co sent us a new one :)

dlloyd

Quote from: isourboydownyet on June 23, 2008, 02:32:24 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 22, 2008, 01:39:20 PM
The colour has gone funny on my TV.  Everything is green and purple.  It's a 2 year old BUSH 26". Don't really want have to buy a new one if i don't have to. Anyone got any causes or solutions?

this is a degaussing fault,chances are the thermister is faulty and needs replaced,it's not a major job.it is not a tube fault,if you had a tube fault you would only have one colour dominate,red green or blue.pm me and let me know where you live and i will give you details on your nearest repair centre.

this is a common fault with this model,your set has a ak19 chassis which are also used in beko,crown and goodmans.

First and probably the only post I'll make here...

I found this thread yesterday evening when searching for solutions to my own problem with my TV.

I came home, put the TV on and the colour was bizarre. The picture on most of the screen had gone a weird green colour, with purple at the edges. Brighter colours were distorted more, with the fluorescent green jackets on policemen being blue, but white was still white. A quick search on google and I found a number of people who had similar problems with TV, and the advice they got almost invariably was that the tube had gone and that it would be expensive to get fixed.

However, I noticed this thread and got thinking... if the tube had gone, then why was I still able to see white? I noticed that I couldn't hear the TV degaussing when I switched it off and on (that 'bwaaammm' noise when you switch a TV on when it's cold), and as an experiment (probably not recommended) I took a fairly strong magnet and passed it close to the screen... Lo and behold, it sorted the colour, albeit in a very localised and completely uncontrolled way.

After letting the TV cool overnight, it degaussed fine this morning and the picture is fine. No doubt the problem will reappear, but it's good to know exactly what's wrong with it and that there is likely to be a cheap fix.