Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: NAG1 on June 01, 2021, 01:25:49 PM
Anyone believing these rumours with Ronaldo?

Sounds to me like a bit of a smoke screen already for a challenging window. Any club would take him without hesitation with his record, but just doesn't ring true for me.
If we didn't have Cavani then maybe. At his age, on his wages it doesn't make sense. Having said all that, I'd absolutely love to have him!

snoopdog

If Ronaldo did come back would Cavani give up the number 7

From the Bunker

Utd are building! If Utd were built/settled like when they took Larsson on loan then Ronaldo would be a good idea. Utd have enough problems without adding nostalgia to the mix.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: NAG1 on June 01, 2021, 01:25:49 PM
Anyone believing these rumours with Ronaldo?

Sounds to me like a bit of a smoke screen already for a challenging window. Any club would take him without hesitation with his record, but just doesn't ring true for me.

I don't believe any rumours about transfers, until they're fully confirmed anymore.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

gallsman

Quote from: snoopdog on June 01, 2021, 09:11:18 PM

Always good to see fans focusing on the important stuff.

NAG1

Quote from: gallsman on June 02, 2021, 08:01:20 AM

To me its the same thing with Kane, IMO for the money they are looking (for Kane) I would be tapping up Haaland for whenever they could get him and spend then money there. Build a team around him for the next 5 years.

That's assuming that Dortmund would even listen to offers for him. But to me he would be number one target.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: NAG1 on June 02, 2021, 09:05:20 AM

To me its the same thing with Kane, IMO for the money they are looking (for Kane) I would be tapping up Haaland for whenever they could get him and spend then money there. Build a team around him for the next 5 years.

That's assuming that Dortmund would even listen to offers for him. But to me he would be number one target.
Id say city will have their pick of those too before United even get a sniff
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

screenexile

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 02, 2021, 09:15:26 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 02, 2021, 09:05:20 AM

Id say city will have their pick of those too before United even get a sniff

But Utd's "The biggest club in the world" . . . apparently!

StPatsAbu

Now that FFP rules have been kicked into the dungheap City can outbid any club on anyone without fear of repercussion.

JoG2

Quote from: StPatsAbu on June 02, 2021, 11:34:44 AM
Now that FFP rules have been kicked into the dungheap City can outbid any club on anyone without fear of repercussion.

This is twice I've read this. Got this from the Guardian:

Uefa has begun consultation on how to reform FFP, with Traverso saying he expected an "expedited but careful" process to be completed by the end of the year. "Those that are saying that the rules will be abandoned or relaxed are just speculating," Traverso said. "Rules can be different, sure, but this does not necessarily mean that the rules will be less stringent. On the contrary, when severe situations occur often those necessitate stronger measures."

Anything more upto date re FFP? I'm assuming FFP pre Covid is still in place until the changes are implemented?

screenexile

€90m for Sancho?? He'd need to have a good Euros to justify that fee!!

Armagh18

Quote from: JoG2 on June 02, 2021, 11:48:03 AM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on June 02, 2021, 11:34:44 AM

This is twice I've read this. Got this from the Guardian:

Uefa has begun consultation on how to reform FFP, with Traverso saying he expected an "expedited but careful" process to be completed by the end of the year. "Those that are saying that the rules will be abandoned or relaxed are just speculating," Traverso said. "Rules can be different, sure, but this does not necessarily mean that the rules will be less stringent. On the contrary, when severe situations occur often those necessitate stronger measures."

Anything more upto date re FFP? I'm assuming FFP pre Covid is still in place until the changes are implemented?
Well City spent millions upon millions, were investigated and got a slap on the wrist if you could even call it that. FFP is dead.

GJL

Sancho done deal. Be good to see how he gets on.

Helix.

Quote from: GJL on June 30, 2021, 10:23:20 PM

Will be interesting to see who they go for next. Or even who will be sold.

Armagh18

Quote from: Helix. on June 30, 2021, 10:37:40 PM
Quote from: GJL on June 30, 2021, 10:23:20 PM

Will be interesting to see who they go for next. Or even who will be sold.
Ramos or Varane being linked. Would love to go back to Dortmund and take Haaland too.