Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Up The Middle

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 04, 2014, 10:37:12 AM
Hardly a word about the league games at the weekend. Yet when Tyrone are playing there's a number of posters who will be on criticising them and saying they don't care how they do and that they're bigger club men for not following Tyrone. And when challenged they'll tell you your not a club man because you follow the county team. Strange that they spend more time commenting on the county team which they have no interest in than club games.

It really is hard for you to belive that there are people out there who couldnt care less about Tyrone. Not everyone shares your views on Tyrone, but that obviously makes them wrong and you right. Our game was abandonded yesterday due to the weather so not a pile to talk about on that front.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Under Lights

Quote from: Up The Middle on August 04, 2014, 12:27:13 PM
Hardly a word about the league games at the weekend. Yet when Tyrone are playing there's a number of posters who will be on criticising them and saying they don't care how they do and that they're bigger club men for not following Tyrone. And when challenged they'll tell you your not a club man because you follow the county team. Strange that they spend more time commenting on the county team which they have no interest in than club games.

It really is hard for you to belive that there are people out there who couldnt care less about Tyrone. Not everyone shares your views on Tyrone, but that obviously makes them wrong and you right. Our game was abandonded yesterday due to the weather so not a pile to talk about on that front.

I'll tell you what the men from Ardboe wouldn't have let the game be called off because of a bit of thunder- bit soft from Clonoe here.

LeoMc

Quote from: Under Lights on August 04, 2014, 12:37:39 PM

I'll tell you what the men from Ardboe wouldn't have let the game be called off because of a bit of thunder- bit soft from Clonoe here.
They should start meeting up with Refs at Tyrone games. Harden them.

Tyrone Gaa

It is a bit strange that Coalisland vs Dromore got played and Clonoe was abandoned, less than a mile between both grounds. Better to be fresh for the championship.
Living the dream!!!

Up The Middle

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on August 04, 2014, 02:03:52 PM
It is a bit strange that Coalisland vs Dromore got played and Clonoe was abandoned, less than a mile between both grounds. Better to be fresh for the championship.

Our game started at 3, think the others were down for 4 unless im mistaken. To be fair to the ref he had no choice but to abandon the game, a lot of lightening and the  surface water on the pitch was making it dangerous, this was after the reserve game was played in very sunny conditions.

Very strange reaction from Moy players at full time, they surrounded the ref and were souting and roaring about the game being called to a halt. I thought both teams would have been happy the week before a championship game to get away without any injuries.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

bigtogs

As fair as I am aware even though I did not hang about long enough as I was soakwd to the skin the referee abandoned the  game due to extremely dangerous underfoot conditions and player safety was put first our field cannot take the water at all....even though we could have done with a game.... I think referee made the correct decision on tbiskoccasion.....

tyroneboi

Bad luck for the ref in the stewartstown v brackaville reserve game - broken/dislocated ankle pretty nasty injury from all accounts! Not sure who he was probably the last thing he expected to happen going out to referees a reserve game.

bigtogs

Quote from: tyroneboi on August 04, 2014, 02:33:47 PM
Bad luck for the ref in the stewartstown v brackaville reserve game - broken/dislocated ankle pretty nasty injury from all accounts! Not sure who he was probably the last thing he expected to happen going out to referees a reserve game.

slipped on the wet surfess straight into a player I heard unfortunate for john mccann at his time of day could certainly do without that... decent oul skin..

LeoMc

Severe risk of localised flooding!

Wee Roddy

Quote from: Up The Middle on August 04, 2014, 02:16:47 PM

Our game started at 3, think the others were down for 4 unless im mistaken. To be fair to the ref he had no choice but to abandon the game, a lot of lightening and the  surface water on the pitch was making it dangerous, this was after the reserve game was played in very sunny conditions.

Very strange reaction from Moy players at full time, they surrounded the ref and were souting and roaring about the game being called to a halt. I thought both teams would have been happy the week before a championship game to get away without any injuries.

Moys game against Carrickmore came to a half under the same circumstances a few weeks ago. They said at the time that it was typical Carmen playing tricks but how could our boys control the thunder and lightening and torrential downpour that put paid to the reserve match as well. They got hammered in the refixture the next week. If only every team would rub our boys up the wrong way. I didnt get yesterday but apparently it was the first time since last year league final that there was any fight in them

Carmenalways

I was there roddy. Another worrying performance. 13 points in the last 2 hours of football says it all. Augher shouldn't be a problem,but down the line,we would be hammered....simple. Thankfully we should have roughly a month  to sort out our problems.

Redhand Santa

When they post more about the tyrone games than the club games that they love they must care a bit. Strange that clonoe were so concerned about lightening yesterday. At least they picked up no injuries for the dromore game. Could be a tough one.

Up The Middle

The referee was concerned about the lightening I don't see anything strange in that at all. Every championship game is tough dromore will be no different. Should be a great game hopefully we come out on the right side of it.

Redhand Santa

I didn't say clonoe called it off. I believe they were they were concerned about the lightening and wanted it off to, in the end probably suited both teams with championship over next few weeks.

I think dromore and clonoe will be a physical affair and will need a strong referee. I don't think dromore are as good as they were a few years ago and would expect clonoe to win by 5 or 6. Will be interesting to see if Omagh can turn it on in the championship on Sunday. They have yet to bring their best performances to the championship when the intensity is turned up.

time ticking away

Quote from: Carmenalways on August 04, 2014, 06:46:15 PM
I was there roddy. Another worrying performance. 13 points in the last 2 hours of football says it all. Augher shouldn't be a problem,but down the line,we would be hammered....simple. Thankfully we should have roughly a month  to sort out our problems.
:o for a team who have scored 13 points in 120 minutes football, I think Augher will be a problem
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......