Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bearded One

By my reckoning, up to 1st July last year 12 league rounds were played Div 2) and the next games weren't played until September...to date we have played 8 games. If Tyrone get to Super 8s they are going to have to play a round at end of July in the break between game 2 and 3???
It is what it is. Presumably.

GaaFanatic123

Kieran Eannetta had a tough time of it the other night, our County U14 manager and another former County player from one of the parishes up there gave him a tough time of it and some rowdy supporters aswel after the game with Killyclogher, did he make a few mistakes that deserved all this or was it a case of bad losers?

Was he that bad that you cant leave your changing room after the game for your own safety??

GlenMan

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on July 03, 2019, 08:40:09 AM
Kieran Eannetta had a tough time of it the other night, our County U14 manager and another former County player from one of the parishes up there gave him a tough time of it and some rowdy supporters aswel after the game with Killyclogher, did he make a few mistakes that deserved all this or was it a case of bad losers?

Was he that bad that you cant leave your changing room after the game for your own safety??

It's Errigal - of course they were bad loses.

Their behaviour after the game was disgraceful. Their Coaches/Supporters abused the Officials and Killyclogher Players after the whistle.

Over the Bar

Quote from: GlenMan on July 03, 2019, 09:16:58 AM

Their behaviour after the game was disgraceful. Their Coaches/Supporters abused the Officials and Killyclogher Players after the whistle.

Were you there?  Which coach gave abuse?

GlenMan

Quote from: Over the Bar on July 03, 2019, 09:37:49 AM

Yes I was there. It was a disgrace. I'm not going to throw names around but there were some well-known Errigal members involved.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Over the Bar on July 03, 2019, 09:37:49 AM

No but a few sources told me Mark Harte and Cormac McGinley...

Ty4Sam

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 02, 2019, 09:20:13 AM
Quote from: In hiding on July 01, 2019, 06:05:00 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 01, 2019, 04:57:45 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 01, 2019, 04:51:01 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 01, 2019, 03:55:29 PM
There will be no club games now to August lads - assuming Tyrone win at weekend of course.
There is around of fixtures on 28th July ky and still two starred games left, so i would imagine they will be played?

28th July is final weekend of the Super 8s. If Tyrone make it there'll be nothing.
No its not

Swore I read that on the official GAA Wallchart....my mistake. Hard to see any fixtures still going ahead though (unless Cavan chin Tyrone Sat)

The CCC have based fixtures around Tyrone reaching the semi final (I think) so matches should go ahead as scheduled. However, the problem for club matches is the U20's and how far they go. U20 players are not exempt from starred fixtures so any starred club matches that collide with an U20 match will be pulled I believe. I'm not 100% sure on dates of potential U20 matches.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Ty4Sam on July 03, 2019, 10:39:33 AM
There will be no club games now to August lads - assuming Tyrone win at weekend of course.
There is around of fixtures on 28th July ky and still two starred games left, so i would imagine they will be played?

28th July is final weekend of the Super 8s. If Tyrone make it there'll be nothing.
No its not

Swore I read that on the official GAA Wallchart....my mistake. Hard to see any fixtures still going ahead though (unless Cavan chin Tyrone Sat)

The CCC have based fixtures around Tyrone reaching the semi final (I think) so matches should go ahead as scheduled. However, the problem for club matches is the U20's and how far they go. U20 players are not exempt from starred fixtures so any starred club matches that collide with an U20 match will be pulled I believe. I'm not 100% sure on dates of potential U20 matches.
Semi final this weekend.
Ulster final scheduled for Sunday 14th July.
All Ireland Semi down for the weekend of the 26-28th July.
All Ireland Final down for the weekend of the 3-5th Aug.

bigpackiechestout

No its not

Did the CCC not account for the possibility of the U20s winning their first round Championship match? It's an impossible task they have and I do have sympathy for them. Some argue that it is unfair to postpone all club fixtures to accommodate 30 underage players, but if the CCC didn't postpone the fixtures this weekend you then have the scenario where young lads will be pressured into playing for their clubs the day after a big championship game, or else the clubs have to go ahead and play without them which isn't fair on those who may have 3 or 4 key players represented on the panel. For example you can be sure Loughmacrory wouldn't want to play without Fox, Gallagher and Grimes when they are pushing for promotion.

Unfortunately the Tyrone CCC are at the behest of the central GAA county calendar and whilst there are county competitions ran over the summer and Tyrone have successful county teams there are no perfect solutions.

Ty4Sam

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on July 03, 2019, 11:40:06 AM

No its not

Did the CCC not account for the possibility of the U20s winning their first round Championship match? It's an impossible task they have and I do have sympathy for them. Some argue that it is unfair to postpone all club fixtures to accommodate 30 underage players, but if the CCC didn't postpone the fixtures this weekend you then have the scenario where young lads will be pressured into playing for their clubs the day after a big championship game, or else the clubs have to go ahead and play without them which isn't fair on those who may have 3 or 4 key players represented on the panel. For example you can be sure Loughmacrory wouldn't want to play without Fox, Gallagher and Grimes when they are pushing for promotion.

Unfortunately the Tyrone CCC are at the behest of the central GAA county calendar and whilst there are county competitions ran over the summer and Tyrone have successful county teams there are no perfect solutions.

This is spot on. I think the problem with the U20's this week is that if they win on Saturday they are out again the following Sunday (14th July) for the Ulster final. I'm sure U20 management didn't want players playing for their club a day after a semi final and a week before a potential final. Another problem on the horizon then, if Goals_will_come is correct, is that Tyrone U20 AI semi final (if they get there of course) clashes with the next round of scheduled ACL matches (28th July). If the stars align, I can't see those games going ahead. Hopefully the CCC let clubs know well in advance if this is the case. We could be potentially looking at the next round of ACL matches on 11th August, if Tyrone happen to get to the AI senior final we could still be playing at Christmas this year.
To be fair to the CCC they have stated that this may happen for a few years now. There is very little that they can do, as you say, they are at the behest of the central GAA county calendar which IMO is a shambles to be kind about it.

W.A.G. Lover

Do we once again entertain the idea of 3 divisions x 12 and 1 x 13?

That way we can have 22/24 leagues based on home and away, with 50% of same starred (Senior & U20 Championship where required). Possible reward for teams who are starred somehow?

11 starred fixtures are as planned from day 1, then the standard club player can enjoy a further 11 games whilst Tyrone are playing without the debacle we now face ourselves in. Even bringing back Friday/Sunday double fixtures or Saturday Fixtures.

As evident in Derry, the League Cups are a waste of time with plenty of forfeits.

At present it is impossible for a club team to gain any momentum or keep the squad together.

TyroneOnlooker

Already i've heard of teams who've been flat out training recently and playing challenge matches against clubs in other counties and teams who've been taking it easy going once a week or taking a complete break. Hard to know what to be at. I foresee a long period without any matches. It's conceivable that some of the lads that have gone to US for summer might miss one match at the most!

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on July 03, 2019, 01:00:36 PM

That way we can have 22/24 leagues based on home and away, with 50% of same starred (Senior & U20 Championship where required). Possible reward for teams who are starred somehow?

11 starred fixtures are as planned from day 1, then the standard club player can enjoy a further 11 games whilst Tyrone are playing without the debacle we now face ourselves in. Even bringing back Friday/Sunday double fixtures or Saturday Fixtures.

As evident in Derry, the League Cups are a waste of time with plenty of forfeits.

At present it is impossible for a club team to gain any momentum or keep the squad together.

If the under 20 competition is going to continue to be ran over the summer then there is no other option but to introduce a separate quota of 2 or 3 'U20 starred games'. These could overlap with one or two of the traditional starred games and would obviously be scrapped if Tyrone were put out before these games were played.

TabClear

Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on July 03, 2019, 01:00:36 PM

That way we can have 22/24 leagues based on home and away,
with 50% of same starred (Senior & U20 Championship where required). Possible reward for teams who are starred somehow?

I do not think that adding  in an extra 6-7 game a year would help regardless of how the starred system works. The Friday/Sunday double headers are tough going for players in terms of recovery and  inevitably lead to the reserves becoming a shambles as well in terms of unfulfilled fixtures/mid week games etc. 

It is a difficult situation to manage for all parties

skeog

Disappointing to hear a referee getting abuse especially from people who should know better.Ciaran is a young referee who needs encouragement not abuse.