Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: CK_Redhand on May 15, 2021, 08:14:34 PM
Angelo referring to himself in the third person or he forgot to switch to one of his sock puppet accounts?

LOL - what a clown he is

trailer

Quote from: CK_Redhand on May 15, 2021, 08:14:34 PM
Angelo referring to himself in the third person or he forgot to switch to one of his sock puppet accounts?

A gobshite. Found out.

Angelo

The slow learners are out in force.

You can't beat foresight.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tyrone08

Quote from: Angelo on May 15, 2021, 06:52:15 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on May 15, 2021, 06:46:34 PM

Mattie and Petey were passengers today.

It was clear that we were playing much more direct today and Donnelly and Harte didn't look comfortable with it. It's hard to know where they are going to fit in. Will probably see Donnelly at midfield I think from here on but he slows the game down too much at times.

Harte just looks like a player very low on confidence, I'm a big fan of his but I don't think he justifies his place now and probably could do with a spell on the bench.

Agree. Mattie can be put in midfield but would need to be a bit quicker in releasing the ball. Petey is a great player but a spell on the bench is long overdue. Numerous times over the last 3 years he should have been pulled off but never was. He seems to lack that bit of aggression which is needed at the top level.

trailer

Deluded. It was more of the same.
McGeary, Myler, and the 2 Donelleys aren't forwards. It's debateable if McGeary and Myler are footballers. If Logan and Dooher keep this shit up we'll be beaten comprehensively. If Logan and Dooher want to prolong their management careers they need to act.

Angelo

Quote from: trailer on May 15, 2021, 10:09:32 PM
McGeary, Myler, and the 2 Donelleys aren't forwards. It's debateable if McGeary and Myler are footballers. If Logan and Dooher keep this shit up we'll be beaten comprehensively. If Logan and Dooher want to prolong their management careers they need to act.

Your only input on this thread is to abuse Tyrone players and management.

There is actually some good discussion from other posters about Tyrone football in this thread so please try not to ruin this.

southtyronegael

I swear Aiden MC Cory never touched leather today.

Scoring Zone

Quote from: clarshack on May 15, 2021, 07:35:48 PM
Although it was disappointing not to get a result today don't forget that Donegal were going flat out and we have a lot more room for improvement.  Going forward though I'm not sure that Peter Harte has a role to play and we need to be getting more out of Mattie Donnelly and Conor McKenna as we need more leadership from those guys.

Donegal looked in great shape for level 5 restrictions, Tyrone did look abit off in comparison.  With the new setup Donnelly and Harte have the most adjusting to do after being the main men for 6-7 years now (particularly donnelly in today's game) has been told not to drop deep and carry out and stay high and wide and he was particularly quiet.

I would think the two donnellys in midfield would be a better option as burns is out of his depth there.

on a positive note a forward line of donaghy, mckenna, bradley, canavan and mccurry could be very promising if you can accommodate them

in general the winging, bitching and overall feigning of injury on both sides (bar mcnamara cheap shot on mcfadden) has to be addressed urgently as the refs are calling really minor stuff i.e burns lazy hand to the upper arm of langan and he slides to the ground with a roar and holding his head as an example, tyrone are guilt if this as well, morgan hitting his head in the cross bar and needing CPR. IMO there is a real softness of any decent tackle or contact for an excuse to milk a yellow card for the opposition and slows the game down. this needs addressed ASAP.

and finally umpires wearing masks, like ffs

Angelo

Quote from: trailer on May 15, 2021, 01:12:39 PM
McGeary and Burns.... we are fucked.

Quote from: trailer on May 15, 2021, 05:24:59 PM
Is McGeary serious? Worst 20 mins I've ever witnessed in a Tyrone jersey. He should feign injured and get taken off. Embarrassing.

Quote from: trailer on May 15, 2021, 10:09:32 PM

Quote from: trailer on May 15, 2021, 07:35:06 PM
McGeary kicked a few nice wides. As did Burns.

The last thing I want to do is turn this thread into another feuding episode so I'm going to leave it at this and put the above poster on ignore afterwards but these have been his contributions on this thread.

This is just the most crass and pathetic abuse of players who put the Tyrone jersey on as you can get. By all means offer commentary on the game, criticise performances and decisions.

But this kind of extremely personalised and nasty barbs at players are pathetic.

90% of the posters who contribute to this thread offer their views on the games, they can criticise players, their performances, tactics, selections but I hope we can agree that we should round on the above which is just spiteful abuse and ask the posters not to spam this thread up anymore

Take_her_back_ref

If people come on here and be critical of players that's fine but back it up with some decent analysis of their shortcomings or performance on the day. For me a lot of the criticism on her hints at personal or even club related criticism. PFar too much lazy generalisations about players here.

Angelo

Quote from: Take_her_back_ref on May 15, 2021, 10:45:30 PM
If people come on here and be critical of players that's fine but back it up with some decent analysis of their shortcomings or performance on the day. For me a lot of the criticism on her hints at personal or even club related criticism. PFar too much lazy generalisations about players here.

110%

You can look at the posts here and I think 90% of the posters who engage on here will comment on the game, offer their views and praise/criticse players on their performances but there are a small handful of posters who don't do any of the above and just dish out abuse to the same group of players and management over and over again.

It's great to get some actual discussion here on football, we can agree or disagree or see things differently but with criticism you can actually engage.

When it's just the same abusive posts made about the same few players from the same poster over and over again I don't know what purpose it serves.

Gaafan2

Its very obvious trailer/referee's issue with McGeary and burns is personal and not football related. McGeary was Tyrones best player behind Donaghy. Granted burns was poor at times but there were quite a few a men that didn't offer as much as he did, but I refuse to start ridiculing men. A few posters need to settle down, it's our first game since November. Plenty of positives namely the free taking of Donaghy.

delgany

Some poor shooting ensured we couldn't get ahead today. Definite change in style of play, moving ball forward much faster,  although a diagonal ball into Mc kenna would be better. Work to do but it will take time to develop the system

BennyHarp

I'm very surprised to see the criticism McGeary is getting on here. I thought he was good today and the lad leaves everything on the pitch and is one of those who is consistently offering himself for the ball and prepared to put in the hard hits. Donaghy was superb, there's not another player on the panel who could do what he did this evening so I hope we stick with him even if his level drops a bit because he could be a proper top tier forward if given a chance to establish himself. I think I'd prefer to see McKenna out at midfield, we are weak there and his strong running may be an asset. He seems to get a little lost inside and we found it difficult to get him on the ball. With mcshane back and Donaghy in that form we can afford to move him out the field. Monroe didn't look out of place on McBrearty but we still don't look good enough at the back to go man to man. The most frustrating thing about tonight was the amount of lazy tackling, swinging the arm and giving away needless frees, maybe that's just rustiness and will improve as the year progresses.
That was never a square ball!!

StPatsAbu

Quote from: delgany on May 15, 2021, 11:23:47 PM
Some poor shooting ensured we couldn't get ahead today. Definite change in style of play, moving ball forward much faster,  although a diagonal ball into Mc kenna would be better. Work to do but it will take time to develop the system

So we should expect the "it will take time to change" excuse for a while then?