Quote from: Belfast GAA man on February 12, 2019, 04:28:23 PM
Here's last year's Div 1 top 6 in order
1)Creggan
2)NG
3)Cargin
4)NEoin
5)LD
6)PG1

anyone think NEanna will break into this and at who's expense?

Don't see it. Perhaps PG1 if their trajectory has been stunted somehow.  NEanna were very fit last year and came out of the blocks quickly, expect the same in the league this year but suspect they are way off a senior championship tilt.

ps love Bannside's Antrim optimism, got to give it to the guy, we're bottom of Div 4 and he can still see the bright side. Supporter of the year already!

It's an odd one though isn't it. The bare minimum between two of the better teams and then a bit in it against Wexford who got turned over themselves by London (not as a disservice to London).

Think it's highlighting the inexperience of the squad at the minute. If we were looking at players on the team who would have 20/30+ senior matches under their belt etc?

Caesar

I would expect St. Endas and St. Brigids to be well prepared for the start of the season, and probably get a few good results early, but I'd be surprised if either finish the season in the top 6. Aghagallon were unlucky to miss out last year and probably wont be far away again. Portglenone have a strong up and coming young team and I would expect them to make the top 6 again. On their day they could beat anyone but it seems they struggle for consistency. They were poor in the championship last year so will be interesting to see if they can kick on this year

bannside

If Portglenone Aghagallon and St Endas are going to fulfil the potrntial people talk of, well it's time to see tangible evidence of that in 2019. St Brigids possibly in the same boat, they made many admirers in the Creggan tournament and will be desperate not to yo yo down again. The three above first mentioned should each have a target of a top four finish, anything less would be seen as a poor year for them.

Confident that PG1 will indeed make the top four. Then again I'm the eternal optimist lol!

Belfast GAA man

I see no-one is predicting anyone slipping out of top 6 !
From what I saw of NG last year their best players were all their oldest players and this can't go on forever. Don't think it will be this year but surely they will need to rebuild at some stage......

imtommygunn

Is the u16 all county football championship a new thing or have I just missed it?

bannside

In other years U-16 SW winners played off against SA winners in an all county final ITG.

imtommygunn

Yeah I thought it may have changed last year or two. Looking forward to seeing senior draw.

breakingball

U16 is now working on an all county basis like minor and senior as far as i know.

breakingball

Any word on league fixtures?

delgany

Dates for fixtures have been released to clubs but not actual match fixtures !

Dunsilly King

Not a word about the championship draw. Creggan have avoided the big two again for the 2nd year in a row until the final. Seen St Brigids had a very competitive performance against ballinderry in the Ulster league. They are up and coming but a few years down the line.

imtommygunn

Beat again by a point after having a decent lead up as well :( Disappointing.

Belfast GAA man

A report says there were 86 spectators at the game. Feel sorry for all division 4 players. GAA is letting them down . Give them a chance to play in Croke Park in a B championship after all they are asked to give the same commitment as division 1 players.

oakleaf93

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on March 02, 2019, 05:04:05 PM
A report says there were 86 spectators at the game. Feel sorry for all division 4 players. GAA is letting them down . Give them a chance to play in Croke Park in a B championship after all they are asked to give the same commitment as division 1 players.
Surely Waterford v Antrim is exactly the type of fixture we will get in a B championship? Today clearly shows the appetite for such fixtures just isn't there unfortunately

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come