Sigerson 2007

Started by robertemmet, February 07, 2007, 11:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

ST MARY'S COL - M O'Kane; G Smith, M Digney, S O'Neill; M McIvor, J McMahon, M Murray; J Kelly, J Lavery; R Hamill, C McGourty, G O'Neill; J Brown, P Keenan, R Keenan.  Subs: N McSharry for O'Neill, T Hackett for McIvor, R Dolan for Digney, J McCormack for Brown.

Homer

NUIG -  R O'Reilly; P Reilly, F Hanley, G Cafferkey; S Drake, Clive Monahan, G Bradshaw; D Duffy, R McCann; S Stenson, M Gottsche, F Breathnach; M Ronaldson, J Farrell, D Conway.  Subs:  D O'Gara for Stenson; F Boyle for Hanley (inj.); C Kenny for McCann; B Kelly for Duffy.

ATHLONE IT - D Bryan; T Bannon, F O'Reilly, A Murtagh; D Flynn, D McInerney, J Boyle; A Arjonovic, J Kavanagh; S Higgins, D Blake, R Galligan; J Coughlan, A Kelly, K Flannery. Subs: L Carr for Boyle; P Duffy for O'Reilly; P Donoghue for Bannon.

So Podge was corner back BallyhaiseMan, and that was Lackens Raymond Galligan at half forward as far as I know.

tyroneman

No Cavanagh and Boggs on bench

Is this McKenna payback?

Norf Tyrone

QuoteNo.

Any further comments on this MacEogahin?
Not good enough, not rated, tactical, ethical, philosophical?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

full back

imtommygunn

Colm Kavanagh looks an excellent prospect - I'd have thought he'd have made that team. He'd , unfortunately, be better than a fellow antrim man Micko Herron anyway.

If Dooher gets back to full swing then the battle between him and Mulgrew for the other wing half forward spot in the tyrone team should be interesting.(Though I'm sure more will be battling for it though my money would be between them two)

Is M McCann Mick McCann of Antrim and Cargin fame? Also thought he'd have been good enough to make that team.

realredhandfan

I see DAmian Mc caul actually came on.  Anyone know how he and the other county men fared. 

chuck hughes

I heard Colm Cavanagh never turned up for UUJ yesterday. And that Mick Mc Cann has only joined the panal in the last 2 weeks so he didn't get the start. Heard Mulgrew roasted casey while Mc Caul was exellent at wing back and also contained Mortimor when he moved to full back when UUJ when down to 14 men. Apparently Donnelly was man of the match from centre half back and roasted Paddy Keenan of Louth fame. I aslo see that Boggs came on near the end.
Good result for the Poly.
I think the media have totally blew up this university and county debate. Mc Caul and Boggs trained the whole way through the mc kenna cup with UUJ as well in bid for sigerson. It wasn't a problem with the UUJ managemet when they decided to play for Tyrone.

realredhandfan

Would UUJ and Queens now have the mantles of favourites for the tournament? this could be worth going to Belfast for the weekend for.. What exact weekend is it on at.

realredhandfan

Mc caul marked Conor mortimer out of it at full back.. Another impressive nick on the tree.

Goats Do Shave

So none of the 4 Tyrone players that 'chose' their counties, started for their universities yesterday?

never kickt a ball

Quote from: GreenDay on February 15, 2007, 04:37:02 PM
No they never, and why would they? the team done very well. they will hardly start the next day either! Its looking good for jordanstown!!
Some of them were brought on though Greenday. That is those that turned up. I see an article in the Irish news today where Tyrone criticise the stance taken by the Colleges and the Ulster Council in relation to these players.

GreenDay

McCaul done very well. Good solid team performance, but there are few boys that may start next day. Its looking good for Jordanstown! UP THE POLY!!

full back

Quote from: never kickt a ball on February 15, 2007, 04:40:29 PM
[ I see an article in the Irish news today where Tyrone criticise the stance taken by the Colleges and the Ulster Council in relation to these players.

Havent seen this yet, but this is quite ironic considering its coming from Tyrone.

nrico2006

QuoteIf Dooher gets back to full swing then the battle between him and Mulgrew for the other wing half forward spot in the tyrone team should be interesting.(Though I'm sure more will be battling for it though my money would be between them two)

If dooher gets back into full swing, there will be no battle with anyone.  The man is guranteed his place through what he has offered, still offers and will continue to offer!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'