Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hand up on February 14, 2019, 10:08:13 PM
It's a bit much too ask the Refs to control this as well, they have enough trouble making up rules as they go ;)

Hopefully you get the rub of the green this season, the amount of gurning never helps ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

any idea as to when the league fixtures are out?
hurl like f**k boi!

ciaran1988

Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 15, 2019, 01:06:59 PM
any idea as to when the league fixtures are out?

Fixture dates have been announced, I'm surprised that they didn't release the actual fixtures taking place on  these dates. Id have thought all league fixtures would have been released before Monday's championship draw unless they release them at the draw

Saffrongael

I assume promotion is impossible after today ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Na Glinntí Glasa

barring results going our way as in the teams at the lower end beating the top end teams we will be in this league next year. its not a bad thing when you look at our league results as we are where we need to be at the moment.
hurl like f**k boi!

north_antrim_hound

That's our level for sure, going up would be pointless. Very impressed with Westmeath who dominated all over the field, beat us in the air and the dirty ball. Better movement and when they played against the breeze they worked the ball up the field intelligently and some great finishing. The two point deficit was flattering to our lads.
Stay in this group and try and improve.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 18, 2019, 01:16:05 PM
That's our level for sure, going up would be pointless. Very impressed with Westmeath who dominated all over the field, beat us in the air and the dirty ball. Better movement and when they played against the breeze they worked the ball up the field intelligently and some great finishing. The two point deficit was flattering to our lads.
Couldn't make it as I was doing a challenge game, were Westmeath physically stronger than us?

The fielding of high ball or not winning dirty second phase ball is not helping.. have we as coaches come away from those basic techniques?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Pjoe

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 18, 2019, 01:16:05 PM

I thought when we played hurling intelligently in the first half we looked the much better side - moved the ball fast and accurately. In the second half we reverted to lashing the ball 80 yards from the puck-out in the hope we would win it under the high ball - don't think we won a single puck-out in the second half. If we had persisted with the style of play from the first half we would have gained the victory. 

Two Hands FFS

Poor display yesterday. Last 10 minutes of the first half were costly after a decent enough start. Lack of ball winners in the forward line was a big problem and lumping balls down on top of their full back was madness.

I couldn't understand waiting til the 48th minute to bring McManus & Campbell on a couple of minutes later. Crazy in my opinion. Galway started 2 Oranmore players yesterday & our match was a must win compared to Galway.

MoChara

Group 1
Cushendall
Dunloy
Preliminary Winner

Group 2
Loughgiel
St John's
St Galls

breakingball

Hard to see anything other than the same semi finalists from last year. Even rossa really sorted themselves out would still be a big ask.

imtommygunn

I really wish they would just have knockout games.

Na Glinntí Glasa

i really hate these group games. they would of been better sticking with a knock out system instead of dragging things out for even longer.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

There should be (in my view) 3 teams into the semi, 3 from these 4, Loughgiel, Dunloy, St Johns and Cushendall... the other teams play off to get an opportunity to play a quarter final against one of the four above.. so that would be Rossa, St Galls, Ballycastle playing each other to see who'd win that group. the winners play a team who drew te short straw as such to have a quater final..

Thats giving the lesser teams a extra 2 games or possibly more depending how they fair. to link it to the league it could mean that the top 3 are straight into the semi finals

breakingball

Any word on league fixtures?