Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearse Blue

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 08, 2020, 09:54:20 AM
He'll be there 100%, if he plays any game time is another thing. Definitely don't see him in anyway replacing McShane though...I'd say Paul Donaghy is eyeing up that spot after his championship so far.

Tyrone will be up against it in Donegal, Harte isn't exactly known for taking gambles. Although he can look forward to a 7 month pre season for 2021. Maybe Donaghy too.

Don't think McKenna thought this fully through.
I can't see him being their this season. I think hes the type of lad who would rather get a full year.. Do you think Harte will be bringing in new boys like Donaghy this year?? Didn't think he would be?

GlenMan

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 08, 2020, 09:54:20 AM
He'll be there 100%, if he plays any game time is another thing. Definitely don't see him in anyway replacing McShane though...I'd say Paul Donaghy is eyeing up that spot after his championship so far.

Tyrone will be up against it in Donegal, Harte isn't exactly known for taking gambles. Although he can look forward to a 7 month pre season for 2021. Maybe Donaghy too.

Don't think McKenna thought this fully through.

I think it's pretty clear from his interviews that he's done nothing but think about it for the last six years.

7 month pre-season? If the proposed changes go through, Inter County would take place January to July (ish) so they'd be back out pretty soon.

No doubt Ulster Uni will be after him as well.

BennyHarp

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 08, 2020, 09:10:57 AM
The board will be good around Hallowe'en now.

McKenna comes on against Donegal, drops a ball. Donegal go down pitch. Score.

Gaaboard demands his head.

Or........McKenna comes on bursts through the Donegal defence and rattles a goal to put us through.  :D
That was never a square ball!!

GetOverTheBar

No idea what Harte will do, Tyrone can start training again (properly....) from the 14th, isn't that right? So that would rule out any Dungannon players being called up for now.

Not too sure what the plans for next year are in truth - I had just assumed they would stay as was....back to National League Feb on.

I believe McKenna is coming home to open a gym apparently....so maybe a handy business course in UUJ or Queens would make sense and tie all in. Why not? His AFL experience alone will be worth it's weight in gold.

GlenMan

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 08, 2020, 10:15:16 AM
No idea what Harte will do, Tyrone can start training again (properly....) from the 14th, isn't that right? So that would rule out any Dungannon players being called up for now.

Not too sure what the plans for next year are in truth - I had just assumed they would stay as was....back to National League Feb on.

I believe McKenna is coming home to open a gym apparently....so maybe a handy business course in UUJ or Queens would make sense and tie all in. Why not? His AFL experience alone will be worth it's weight in gold.

Agreed. I thought it was 14th October for return to County training?

I think the GAA, GPA and CPA are all in agreement for the first time to split the season so I'd thought they might push that through Congress before the start of next season. Maybe not though.

Angelo

Quote from: Angelo on October 12, 2019, 06:11:15 PM
Quote from: topofthesoil on October 12, 2019, 01:13:25 AM
Donaghy brutal in both championship games anyway. The real question is, are you f**king clueless?

If he is kicking scores from play at the frequency he does when he's brutal then that's an encouraging sign.

Donaghy certainly deserves a chance with Tyrone given his club form and how he has down with Tyrone at underage.

I like the way topofthesoil has now deleted this post.  ;D

Donaghy may not be the answer but he's a completely different option to what we have up front. Certainly worth a chance, it will be interesting to see what Harte does with the squad this year and next - whether he will shake it up or not.

I feel sorry for someone like Daniel Kerr, he got 35 minutes against a gale force win against Kerry. I hope Harte give someone like him a few more opportunities over guys who have been there a good few years now and not really done it.

There will certainly be pressure on to bring in the likes of McKenna, Donaghy and Quinn now and potentially returns for Brennan and McAliskey so I'd imagine our forward line will see some changes.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GetOverTheBar

I don't think it will matter Angelo. The lot of them could be called up but we'll still see 1 up top and 14 worker bees which rules out a large majority of anyone we all wish to name, there's Harry Loughran and Ronan McHugh still in and around too who would have the profile to fill in for McShane.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Angelo on September 08, 2020, 11:16:48 AM
Donaghy brutal in both championship games anyway. The real question is, are you f**king clueless?

If he is kicking scores from play at the frequency he does when he's brutal then that's an encouraging sign.

Donaghy certainly deserves a chance with Tyrone given his club form and how he has down with Tyrone at underage.

Donaghy may not be the answer but he's a completely different option to what we have up front. Certainly worth a chance, it will be interesting to see what Harte does with the squad this year and next - whether he will shake it up or not.

I feel sorry for someone like Daniel Kerr, he got 35 minutes against a gale force win against Kerry. I hope Harte give someone like him a few more opportunities over guys who have been there a good few years now and not really done it.

There will certainly be pressure on to bring in the likes of McKenna, Donaghy and Quinn now and potentially returns for Brennan and McAliskey so I'd imagine our forward line will see some changes.
Daniel classy footballer and top class forward, definitely deserves more chances.

McKenna and Donaghy are must starts in my eyes.

Can't see McAliskey returning unless there's a management change and that's obviously not happening & Lee Brennen does not want to sit on the bench

Which Quinn?

Angelo

Quote from: Pearse Blue on September 08, 2020, 11:27:24 AM
Quote from: Angelo on September 08, 2020, 11:16:48 AM

Daniel classy footballer and top class forward, definitely deserves more chances.

McKenna and Donaghy are must starts in my eyes.

Can't see McAliskey returning unless there's a management change and that's obviously not happening & Lee Brennen does not want to sit on the bench

Which Quinn?

Why so on McAliskey?

Bradley, O'Neill and McCurry have all taken a year out and returned the next year and McAliskey's exit seemed to be fairly diplomatic.

Think McAliskey still has a lot to offer if he is willing to come back.

Tiernan Quinn, I know he's still u20 this year but he'll be in the reckoning for a call up in 2021.

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 08, 2020, 11:22:08 AM
I don't think it will matter Angelo. The lot of them could be called up but we'll still see 1 up top and 14 worker bees which rules out a large majority of anyone we all wish to name, there's Harry Loughran and Ronan McHugh still in and around too who would have the profile to fill in for McShane.

Did McHugh not drop himself off before the league?

He's had injuries but I'd rather he got a few more opportunities as he is a natural forward with a bit of presence.

I'm not really sure what Loughran is, he played a lot of his football as a wingback but has played as a forward in recent years and it's clear he has an eye for goal but between injuries  and everything else I think that ship might have sailed.

If all our best forwards make themselves available then I struggle to see a role for Ronan O'Neill anymore. He would be behind McCurry, McAliskey, Brennan and Bradley if they were all in and I don't think you can pick more than two of those at one time - and that's not considering some of the younger lads coming through now.

It's probably time to move on the likes of C McCann, O'Neill, Loughran and a few others - they've been there for a few years but haven't ever really looked like nailing a place down.

southtyronegael

Aiden Mc crory and Peter Harte could make way for some fresh talent.

RedHand88

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 08, 2020, 12:49:36 PM

You'd get rid of Peter Harte? One of our best players?

southtyronegael

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 08, 2020, 12:55:13 PM

consistently a flop on the big days, last year's county final and as for last Saturday night.... dropped a 21 yard free into keepers hands in a club game.

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 08, 2020, 01:01:52 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on September 08, 2020, 12:55:13 PM

consistently a flop on the big days, last year's county final and as for last Saturday night.... dropped a 21 yard free into keepers hands in a club game.

He's also consistently one of Tyrone's best players.

southtyronegael

Good baller but way over rated. Has been a flop in too many big games for my liking. If other players had got the chances for Tyrone that he got.