Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In hiding

Quote from: Club boi on November 30, 2015, 07:10:55 PM
Quote from: vallankumous on November 29, 2015, 07:22:22 PM
No. I found out I won my first league with a phone call on a Sunday evening.
Second from top team got beat by a lower level team which meant they couldn't catch us.
Some difference in winning that way than in a league final.

Do you cherish your league medal?? Or would you rather gamble it through a possible Semi Final and Final match to finally get hold of it??
Are some people born stupid or do they have to work at it  :o
People say the same crap every year about the top team should be awarded the league. Why ???
The league is not a level playing field. Every team picks up injuries over the year but for some teams not to be allowed to use as many as 6 of their best players for a third of the total games while other teams can use all their players for all the games creates an unfair situation which can be almost solved by playoffs. If, as some people on here wish, the league is awarded to the top team after 15 games then fringe county players who are not getting game time will be under huge pressure from their clubs to play in the starred games which will leave us with a very small county panel.
Maybe these same intellects believe there should be no relegation play offs either. See how that would affect a county panel over the course of a year

Onthe40

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on November 30, 2015, 04:26:04 PM
He did touch it in the championship against N Fianna, he should of had 4/5 from play but kicked wide. He missed starred games and injured for semi and final but came on in the final with ten mins to go and a set up the defining goal in the league final. However for having missed those starred games he stilled  scored heavily and was five highest scorer in the league with having missed those games, never miss the amount assists. All those listed above weren't on the county panel.

Had to laugh Mucker when I read that..surely thats a reason not to be slected then :)..didnt deliver in the Rahillys biggest game of the year and didnt play in the league semi & final (albeit last 5mins of final ) If teamtalk wanted to mark the Rahillys league winning achievement they shouldve gave one to Lavery imo.

Knock Yer Mucker In

That's these awards for you, Brian Mc Guigan should have easily gotten an All Star in 2005, he was class from start to finish, absolutely brilliant in the final against Kerry but didn't get one. Still can't figure it out. Opinions

ose 14

richie donnelly not in midfield and peter harte not even nominated. thats tells me all i need to know about this selection. a great night a great production but a farce of a process. but sure if it looks good cost a few bob and dosent really reflect whats required its perfect just like garvaghey.

The Golden Years

Quote from: ose 14 on December 01, 2015, 07:20:28 AM
richie donnelly not in midfield and peter harte not even nominated. thats tells me all i need to know about this selection. a great night a great production but a farce of a process. but sure if it looks good cost a few bob and dosent really reflect whats required its perfect just like garvaghey.

In your opinion then what should the process be?  A lot of people seam to know a lot on this board but have they or do they do anything about it?

The Sweeper.com

Quote from: The Golden Years on December 01, 2015, 08:15:00 AM

In your opinion then what should the process be?  A lot of people seam to know a lot on this board but have they or do they do anything about it?

Very true Golden Years.
Its easy to sit on the outside and ridicule and run down those who are doing something.
Its the same in Clubs. People who make a decision or get involved will always be ridiculed in some way. Alot of the time by those who would rather sit at home and not get involved.

Fair play to Teamtalk for promoting our games in the way they do. And fair play to all our Club Volunteers who keep the GAA alive in our County.

Granted all decisions made wont be correct but instead of ridiculing these people maybe more should get involved.

Norf Tyrone

Is it a farce? It's number one aim is to promote GAA in Tyrone.

I'd say that the awards night does that perfectly.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

square_ball

How many Errigal games were you at this year to make that judgement about Petey Harte? No doubt if they had have been nominated/selected for the team then you would be getting wound up about some other omission.

tv pundit

Don't really want to get involved in who should/shouldn't be given an award. It is a bit strange though that Peter harte wasn't nominated for county player of the year.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: tv pundit on December 01, 2015, 08:59:32 AM
Don't really want to get involved in who should/shouldn't be given an award. It is a bit strange though that Peter harte wasn't nominated for county player of the year.
I wouldn't have said so.
IMO Mattie Donnelly , Colm Cavanagh & Ronan McNamee would have all had 'better' years.
I would have given it to Cavanagh, but McNamee is a worthy winner.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

The Golden Years

Quote from: tv pundit on December 01, 2015, 08:59:32 AM

I dont think it strange at all.  To me Colm Cavanagh, Mattie Donnelly and Ronan McNamee were Tyrones best players last year.  The only thing I thought was that Colm Cavanagh should have got the award but then this is just my opinion.  Obviously the voting public and Teamtalk had different ideas.

Onthe40

Noone is doubting the work teamtalk do and the coverage they give to our games..it really is incredible.
But I think we all agree its impossible to select an allstar team across 3 divisions, and as someone pointed out anyone lucky  enough to be selected is more a reflection of the clubs achievement that year than anythine else. I would read absolutely nothing else into it.
Reality is its the club PR machine that gets the player selected in most cases.

W.A.G. Lover

Quote from: Onthe40 on December 01, 2015, 10:28:22 AM
Noone is doubting the work teamtalk do and the coverage they give to our games..it really is incredible.
But I think we all agree its impossible to select an allstar team across 3 divisions, and as someone pointed out anyone lucky  enough to be selected is more a reflection of the clubs achievement that year than anythine else. I would read absolutely nothing else into it.
Reality is its the club PR machine that gets the player selected in most cases.

I think instead of looking at those who have been nominated, or County Players who possibly werent. We should look at the number of clubs in Tyrone that have yet to receive a nomination in the years Teamtalk have been doing these awards. This would lead you to believe that only Clubs who were successful during the season seem to warrant an award. I believe this is unfair. There are many players who are exceptional all season for their club, but due to various reasons their club may struggle and therefore the player's importance to the club, and their performances all season are not rewarded.

skeog

teamtalk do a great service to the gaa fraternity they do a lot of promotion of items which in other counties would be the domain of the county board so they should be applauded and not criticised for their efforts

Gaafan2

I agree with a previous poster, nominees are obviously selected based on how successful their club has been that season, which usually requires a championship run where they have had a number of games that are well publicised in papers, radio, internet etc.