Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Stay On the Endline on October 20, 2015, 04:02:48 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on October 20, 2015, 12:41:48 PM
There is usually a lot of talk of matches being "fixed" near the end of the season but does it actually happen? I think there is a lot of talk but it rarely/never really happens.

Chat to a few Donaghmore lads and they will tell you different  ;) ;) :P :P
well they certainly didn't do much of a job of it this year then saying they only picked up two wins and finished second bottom.

Im not saying it never happens, but it certainly doesn't happen these days with the regularity that people seem to think it does.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone Gaa

Lets get real, it happens, everyone knows it happens.  This time last year we were debating alternative league structures to prevent this type of fixing.   I remember a suggestion that top 8 are seeded for the championship that kind of thing.  I don't know how the same club(s) can keep dipping in the same well year in year out to prevent relegation.

I don't know if there is a way of prevention, that will be decided by people much brighter than me.  The 4 teams at the bottom of Div 1 were all awful.  Moy are down, were they the worst team? In my opinion no.  They had difficulties with starred fixtures and the stag that proved the nail in the coffin, but in the end were not good enough.

Dungannon or Donaghmore will join them, I actually think both will end up in Div2 because neither have shown the quality to warrant another stab at senior football.  5 points and 6 points would normally automatically relegate a team by some distance.  In the past 12 points was a benchmark maybe even 14.

I look forward to the Dungannon/Donaghmore game, I expect it will be played at championship pace, not only survival but the fact the opportunity to send your neighbour down.  For bragging rights alone its a great game to win.
Living the dream!!!

Norf Tyrone

What's Big Oz's rant on Fbook about?

He's naw happy.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

WT4E

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 20, 2015, 05:55:13 PM
What's Big Oz's rant on Fbook about?

He's naw happy.

Ring the hotline and find out! It must be a premium number!  ;D ;D ;D

Christmas Lights

rrhf

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 20, 2015, 04:34:45 PM
Lets get real, it happens, everyone knows it happens.  This time last year we were debating alternative league structures to prevent this type of fixing.   I remember a suggestion that top 8 are seeded for the championship that kind of thing.  I don't know how the same club(s) can keep dipping in the same well year in year out to prevent relegation.

I don't know if there is a way of prevention, that will be decided by people much brighter than me.  The 4 teams at the bottom of Div 1 were all awful.  Moy are down, were they the worst team? In my opinion no.  They had difficulties with starred fixtures and the stag that proved the nail in the coffin, but in the end were not good enough.

Dungannon or Donaghmore will join them, I actually think both will end up in Div2 because neither have shown the quality to warrant another stab at senior football.  5 points and 6 points would normally automatically relegate a team by some distance.  In the past 12 points was a benchmark maybe even 14.

I look forward to the Dungannon/Donaghmore game, I expect it will be paid at championship pace, not only survival but the fact the opportunity to send your neighbour down.  For bragging rights alone its a great game to win.
As I said earlier any of the bottom 4 would probably struggle top half of division 2. Division 1b worked well before.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: rrhf on October 21, 2015, 07:39:02 AM

I look forward to the Dungannon/Donaghmore game, I expect it will be paid at championship pace, not only survival but the fact the opportunity to send your neighbour down.  For bragging rights alone its a great game to win.
As I said earlier any of the bottom 4 would probably struggle top half of division 2. Division 1b worked well before.

I think that is a bit over the top.  They may struggle to bounce straight back to Div1 but I'd imagine they will all be in the top half of the division.  It will be interesting to see how it all pans out.  Is the relegation playoff this weekend?  If so can someone post up a day and time? 
Living the dream!!!

W.A.G. Lover

I heard that the Lough are contemplating not fielding in the playoff v the losers of Urney and Gortin.
Big decision needed asap before the whole thing gets very messy

skeog

george mitchell on standby to return good man at solving major disputes

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 21, 2015, 08:55:47 AM

I think that is a bit over the top.  They may struggle to bounce straight back to Div1 but I'd imagine they will all be in the top half of the division.  It will be interesting to see how it all pans out.  Is the relegation playoff this weekend?  If so can someone post up a day and time?

OTT surely.
For these smaller clubs, a lot depends on personnel available from year to year and things can change quite quickly.
They are mostly working from a small pool of players so emigration, retirements, injuries etc can have a dramatic effect, as can an influx of talented underage players.
Trillick got relegated a couple of seasons ago and are now county champions.
Greencatle came back up and had a strong year finishing ell up the table.
Eskra went down last year and just about avoided relegation playoffs in div two.
For all but the biggest 6-8 clubs in the county , this is the cycle that befalls the rest.
Anyone that is currently in Div 1 is there on merit. This may change in the future for these clubs, but league tables are generally a good reflection of  the current strength of a club.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

smort

So why are these teams in the top half of division 2 not in division 1 ahead of the bottom few teams?? There probably isn't much of a difference between the bottom on 1 and the top of 2, but anyone that is in 1 is there on merit.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: smort on October 21, 2015, 11:45:36 AM

So why are these teams in the top half of division 2 not in division 1 ahead of the bottom few teams?? There probably isn't much of a difference between the bottom on 1 and the top of 2, but anyone that is in 1 is there on merit.

Exactly

Under Lights

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on October 21, 2015, 11:36:54 AM
Wasn't it Loughmacrory who made a mockery of the Division 2  stiffs league last year and if this latest appeal is followed through and is unsuccessful they should be automatically relegated and have points deducted in 2016. A club that obviously has no faith whatsoever in its playing personnel at the end of a season.

On a side issue did the young u16 that lost the plot in the county final get the ban rescinded. If so this is an absolute disgrace.

What do you mean by the bold?

Any truth in the rumors that Eoin Donnelly, Coa, to Trillick is confirmed for next season?

GlenMan

What exactly are Loughmacrory appealing against??

Legoman5

Quote from: Under Lights on October 21, 2015, 04:53:14 PM
Quote from: Degrassi Hi on October 21, 2015, 11:36:54 AM
Wasn't it Loughmacrory who made a mockery of the Division 2  stiffs league last year and if this latest appeal is followed through and is unsuccessful they should be automatically relegated and have points deducted in 2016. A club that obviously has no faith whatsoever in its playing personnel at the end of a season.

On a side issue did the young u16 that lost the plot in the county final get the ban rescinded. If so this is an absolute disgrace.

What do you mean by the bold?

Any truth in the rumors that Eoin Donnelly, Coa, to Trillick is confirmed for next season?

Heard this before and I've asked many a Trillick man including one I work with and he says no truth in it, the stories are constantly comin outa Fermanagh, wud be a massive move for Trillick as they would bolster a pretty impressive line up they have as it is! If the player has ambitions he'd move and it's the same parish aswel but I'm led to believe he's happy to play lower league in Fermanagh and get the occasional big day out with Fermanagh! Respect due for staying loyal to his club!