Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Degrassi Hi

Does the winner of the Division 1 league prior to the top 4 playoff now be presented with a plaque or something?

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: ONeill on October 08, 2015, 11:04:51 PM
Well, Galbally or Aghyaran automatically?

Then 4 from 8. I wouldn't rule out Moortown winning their final 2.

Aghyaran have both Derrylaughan and Moortown, both down at the loughshore unless im mistaken, could be hard pushed to operate that and come away with 2 wins. Big games for all three teams. There's a lot of teams in that mix that have yet to play each other and will have a huge bearing on the final table positions. Pomeroy have both Cookstown and Derrytresk and Cookstown have Stewartstown in their other game who are still very much in the mix. Absolute melting pot at the minute as far as I can see.. this weekends result will clear a few things up no doubt
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

W.A.G. Lover

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on October 09, 2015, 09:34:27 AM

Aghyaran have both Derrylaughan and Moortown, both down at the loughshore unless im mistaken, could be hard pushed to operate that and come away with 2 wins. Big games for all three teams. There's a lot of teams in that mix that have yet to play each other and will have a huge bearing on the final table positions. Pomeroy have both Cookstown and Derrytresk and Cookstown have Stewartstown in their other game who are still very much in the mix. Absolute melting pot at the minute as far as I can see.. this weekends result will clear a few things up no doubt

Aghyaran play Derrylaughan at home this weekend, and I expect them to win this. They are away to Moortown next week at the Loughshore. Depending on Moortown's result v Loughmacrory this weekend, will have a massive bearing on the side they put out v Aghyaran and the result in that game. Galbally have the easier of the run ins with 2 home games so I predict them for automatic along with Edendork. Hard to see past Aghyaran or Kildress for the playoffs as they will have momentum and form on their side you would imagine.

The bottom of Division 2 is just as exciting. I expect Kildress to take points from the Rock as they push for playoffs and Eskra to confirm safety with a home win v a deflated Urney after last weekend. Gortin face a tough task away to the Hill who are also pushing the playoffs. A win for them could possibly also secure safety and confine Urney and Rock to the playoffs. Loughmacrory still in the mix also with tough games v Moortown and Kildress.

WT4E

Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on October 09, 2015, 10:59:45 AM
Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on October 09, 2015, 09:34:27 AM

Aghyaran play Derrylaughan at home this weekend, and I expect them to win this. They are away to Moortown next week at the Loughshore. Depending on Moortown's result v Loughmacrory this weekend, will have a massive bearing on the side they put out v Aghyaran and the result in that game. Galbally have the easier of the run ins with 2 home games so I predict them for automatic along with Edendork. Hard to see past Aghyaran or Kildress for the playoffs as they will have momentum and form on their side you would imagine.

The bottom of Division 2 is just as exciting. I expect Kildress to take points from the Rock as they push for playoffs and Eskra to confirm safety with a home win v a deflated Urney after last weekend. Gortin face a tough task away to the Hill who are also pushing the playoffs. A win for them could possibly also secure safety and confine Urney and Rock to the playoffs. Loughmacrory still in the mix also with tough games v Moortown and Kildress.

I wish you were right - Kildress season has went off the boil in recent weeks, they were in contention for the league but they have dropped off they have 1 point from a possible 8 in there last 4 games. Heres hoping they can get it back together for the end of the season.

Norf Tyrone

The Div 3 play offs will be;

Castlederg v Tattyreagh
Glenelly v Owen Roes
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

on the sideline

Can anyone tell me what happens if 4 teams finish level when it comes to deciding which one goes into the playoff? At the minute it's very possible that Eskra, Loughmacrory, Urney and Gortin could all end up on 12 points - with one of them then going into the relegation playoff with Rock? Anyone any ideas or know for definite?

bogball88

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 10, 2015, 06:41:40 PM
The Div 3 play offs will be;

Castlederg v Tattyreagh
Glenelly v Owen Roes
Beat by the derg today Norf?

clarshack

Quote from: on the sideline on October 10, 2015, 07:51:29 PM
Can anyone tell me what happens if 4 teams finish level when it comes to deciding which one goes into the playoff? At the minute it's very possible that Eskra, Loughmacrory, Urney and Gortin could all end up on 12 points - with one of them then going into the relegation playoff with Rock? Anyone any ideas or know for definite?

Think it might go down to points difference but if any of those teams have been involved in a walkover, then there would have to be playoffs to decide that one team to play the rock.

Norf Tyrone

I think Clarkshak is right re the ruling. Good result for The Harps today btw.

Yeah Bogball. Bate the day by the better team. Goals making the difference.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

on the sideline

Quote from: clarshack on October 10, 2015, 09:00:39 PM
Quote from: on the sideline on October 10, 2015, 07:51:29 PM

Think it might go down to points difference but if any of those teams have been involved in a walkover, then there would have to be playoffs to decide that one team to play the rock.

Just checked there - no walkovers. Is there anything written in the rules about it for definite?

barelegs

Galbally have games with Eskra and Killeeshil to win Division Two. With Edendork up the play-offs look like

Aghyaran
Kildress
Derrylaughan  (should beat Killeeshil)
1 of Stewartstown, Pomeroy, Derrytresk, Cookstown.

Cookstown play Stewartstown in their last game.
Pomeroy and Derrytresk meet in their last game.
Cookstown have a match to play with Edendork on Tuesday night.

If Stewartstown beat Cookstown it'll be Aghyaran v Derrylaughan and Kildress v Stewartstown, Stewartstown with the head to head win over Derrylaughan.

Stall the Bailer

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on September 08, 2015, 11:42:25 AM
Ignore my previous post as that is 2015 guide (norf your link is for 2015), and not being used.

The 2014 guide is as follows http://www.gaa.ie/content/documents/Official%20Guide%202014%20Part%20I(1).pdf

(5) If a Championship is partly organised on a League
basis, the following Regulations shall apply:
(a) League results shall be credited as follows: 2
points for a win, and one for a draw.
(b) If a Team is Disqualified or Retires during the
course of the League Stage, its played Games
shall stand and its unplayed Games shall be
awarded to the Opposing Teams.
(c) Except where provided for otherwise in County
Bye-Law or in Competition Regulation, when
Teams finish with equal points for Qualification
for the Concluding Stages, or for Promotion
or Relegation, the tie shall be decided by the
following means and in the order specified:
(i) Where two Teams only are involved - the
outcome of the meeting of the two Teams
in the previous game in the Competition;
(ii) Scoring Difference (subtracting the total
(iii) Highest Total Score For;
(iv) A Play-Off.
Exceptions to (c):
(1) In relation to means (ii) and (iii) above,
if the accumulated scores of a team, so
involved, are affected by a disqualification,
loss of game on a proven objection,
retirement or walk over, the tie shall be
decided by a Play-Off.
(2) Regulations (i), (ii) and (iii) shall not
apply to under 16 or younger age grade
competitions.
Scores Against from total Scores For);

this is the rule

ONeill

Quote from: barelegs on October 10, 2015, 09:21:16 PM
Galbally have games with Eskra and Killeeshil to win Division Two. With Edendork up the play-offs look like

Aghyaran
Kildress
Derrylaughan  (should beat Killeeshil)
1 of Stewartstown, Pomeroy, Derrytresk, Cookstown.

Cookstown play Stewartstown in their last game.
Pomeroy and Derrytresk meet in their last game.
Cookstown have a match to play with Edendork on Tuesday night.

If Stewartstown beat Cookstown it'll be Aghyaran v Derrylaughan and Kildress v Stewartstown, Stewartstown with the head to head win over Derrylaughan.

Hill drawing with Gortin seems to have ended their hopes. Would take a quare mathematical permutation to work for them to make the play offs even if they beat Pomeroy.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

LeoMc

Trileacman staying very quiet on here!
Tommo not much more prolific.

Looking forward to a good game tomorrow. Two teams with a smattering of quality players. Fairly similar in style, both with strong running players round the middle trying to create chances for 2 of the most exciting young forwards about. Trillick have slightly better options up front with the twins but Killycligher have the better defence, with Gorman, Swift, Bradley. An early black card could be yhe diffetence, moreso looking at Trillicks bemch. Killyclogher by 2.

In hiding

Some opportunity for both trillick and killyclogher today. Good luck to both teams and a never to be forgotten day or two awaits the winners.