Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Can't believe Mellon's going out with Colm. Suppose it's 2015.

I wonder if Edendork have the appetite for the league?

Houl on, I suppose it doesn't matter - surely they don't take part in the play-offs if they finish second?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Man Marker

Killycloghers to loose on Sunday. If they were a hardened experience outfit they would win this at a canter, but they are recent first timers and the nerves could effect their performance, but all things equal they should be county champions on Sunday.

On a special note, isn't it really pathetic that every other county in Ulster have been running off their championship the past six weeks while half of our clubs were gone at the start of June. All of the clubs in those other 8 counties all united by expectation, full panels training, club morale high and everyone of the Gaels in the clubs buoyed by the atmosphere that the club championship period could bring. Congrats to the CB for inflicting two years of damage to the club scene in Tyrone.

And you know what there will only be a few clubs, like last year who complained about it a the convention. Incredulous.

Onthe40

Dermy Carlin, Leo Meenan, Marty Swift, Eoin Bradley, Wallace  are hardly new kids on the block...seasoned campaigners who are "hardened"in my view...plus they have a nucleus of lads well into their 20s who have been playing senior football for a while now -  mcfaddens, Gorman, Simon Oneill etc

KCs to loose.

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: smort on October 05, 2015, 06:18:49 PM
Pretty sure ryan mellon is married. Can see Moy pulling out all the stops to beat Augher, Clonoe to beat Dungannon and Donaghmore to beat Greencastle.

Dromore deserve to win the league.

+1

League should be what it is supposed to be... a league! Where the best team over the year gets the trophy. Hardly fair that a team could sneak into 4th place, make the play-offs, and win the thing with Dromore being on top all year.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on October 07, 2015, 02:19:02 PM
Quote from: smort on October 05, 2015, 06:18:49 PM
Pretty sure ryan mellon is married. Can see Moy pulling out all the stops to beat Augher, Clonoe to beat Dungannon and Donaghmore to beat Greencastle.

Dromore deserve to win the league.

+1

League should be what it is supposed to be... a league! Where the best team over the year gets the trophy. Hardly fair that a team could sneak into 4th place, make the play-offs, and win the thing with Dromore being on top all year.

While I agree, the purpose of the top 4 playoff is to keep the league competitive right to the end and give the mid-table teams something to keep playing for, otherwise we have a pile of dead rubber games at the end with points being thrown.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Knock Yer Mucker In

Here's me thinking it was to allow county players to play starred games, therefore clubs would not demand that their county players would have to play for them in every game. And every year we hear the same tripe about the team at the top should win the league, that's well and dandy as long as it was stipulated at the beginning of the league, but not on a whim because you think the team at the top should win the league.

For us to be placed second in the league considering we went out at the start of June, 6 players went to the states, two players long term injured, two county men not available in July has been  minor miracle.

Tommo2

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on October 07, 2015, 04:02:47 PM
Here's me thinking it was to allow county players to play starred games, therefore clubs would not demand that their county players would have to play for them in every game. And every year we hear the same tripe about the team at the top should win the league, that's well and dandy as long as it was stipulated at the beginning of the league, but not on a whim because you think the team at the top should win the league.

For us to be placed second in the league considering we went out at the start of June, 6 players went to the states, two players long term injured, two county men not available in July has been  minor miracle.

That's exactly why the league is worked with a top 4 playoff. It also keeps plenty of teams interested. There are still 6 teams with a chance of making the top 4, which is great to see and keeps the league competitive.

ose 14

interesting that everyone reckons its killycloghers to lose. dangerous thinking that. 2 teams in the final the last i looked. trilick are there as worthy finalists and thats all killyclogher are finalists at this stage. if trillick change tact slightly lets say and play 13 men behind the ball then i make this game a kick of the ball. killyclogher have been impressive at times but at other times ordinary so i wouldnt have them overwhelming favourites. its forecasting wet slippy day. killycloghers tackling will have to be spot on as if not i see them conceeding a bucket load of frees to the best free taker in the county. trillick by 2.

GlenMan

Quote from: ose 14 on October 08, 2015, 07:04:41 AM
interesting that everyone reckons its killycloghers to lose. dangerous thinking that. 2 teams in the final the last i looked. trilick are there as worthy finalists and thats all killyclogher are finalists at this stage. if trillick change tact slightly lets say and play 13 men behind the ball then i make this game a kick of the ball. killyclogher have been impressive at times but at other times ordinary so i wouldnt have them overwhelming favourites. its forecasting wet slippy day. killycloghers tackling will have to be spot on as if not i see them conceeding a bucket load of frees to the best free taker in the county. trillick by 2.

Of course an Omagh man would have Killyclogher to lose. They would hate to see their near neighbours celebrating at Healy Park.

Keyboard Warrior

I'm well aware of the reasons why the league is run with a playoff. My point is that it is making the league into something it is not; a championship. I wasn't stating Dromore should simply be given the trophy next week. Obviously I meant I would wish to see it in such a format in future.

The main thrust of my argument is that Dromore have been the best team in the league this year, as evidenced by the number of points they have gained, and may not be rewarded for this. Yes 6 teams are in with a shout of making the play-off. Others may think this is admirable - I, however, see it as the potential for the 4th best team throughout the year taking the spoils at the end.

In essence; Dromore by finishing top have to win the league twice, which I would call unfair.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on October 08, 2015, 11:41:34 AM

I'm well aware of the reasons why the league is run with a playoff. My point is that it is making the league into something it is not; a championship. I wasn't stating Dromore should simply be given the trophy next week. Obviously I meant I would wish to see it in such a format in future.

The main thrust of my argument is that Dromore have been the best team in the league this year, as evidenced by the number of points they have gained, and may not be rewarded for this. Yes 6 teams are in with a shout of making the play-off. Others may think this is admirable - I, however, see it as the potential for the 4th best team throughout the year taking the spoils at the end.

In essence; Dromore by finishing top have to win the league twice, which I would call unfair.

you may have a point regarding Dromore, (and the likes of Coalisland in previous years), but the point still stands that without the potential to reach playoffs, there would be a lot of teams from 2/3rd place down to about 10th with nothing to play for in the last 2/3 games of the year.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

time ticking away

The league can never be given to the top team after 15 games if it continues to be run off in the current format of teams having to play 5 starred games. At least the top 4 playoffs give the teams with the most county players a fair chance to be successful
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

ose 14

what nonesense glenman the last time i looked every club in tyrone celebrates in healy park. i couldnt care who wins as someone who knows what its like for your club to win a championship i wish both teams the best. i was making a point that everybody reckons its killyclogher to lose i am just pointing out that trillick have a big chance in this game as well. your bittnerness may not allow rational thought but maybe thats the pressure building. plenty of grassy knolls in the glens if you need to dump the load lad.

Soup an Samajiz

Probably 7 teams in the running for play off promotion in Div 2 now. Keeping it very interesting anyway, Aghyaran Kildress Pomeroy Derrylaughan Derrytresk Stewartstown Cookstown .. all of which have a few big ties against eachother still to go. Very very little to separate any of these teams on any given day
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

ONeill

Well, Galbally or Aghyaran automatically?

Then 4 from 8. I wouldn't rule out Moortown winning their final 2.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.