Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

This was my previous suggestion to the fixture issues previously:

Have 3 championships of 16 teams. In each competition have 2 groups of 8. Each team plays 7 games and start it march in the national league break. Top 4 through to quarter finals of championship with top team playing 4th etc. Bottom 2 teams play off in relegation play offs. These games could be scheduled at start of year and  making sure no clashes with county games, perhaps someone centrally needs to get involved in this. County players would be available for every game.

Then play a separate league where county players play if available. I said have 4 divisions of 12 and have another 11 games as thought 18 games a year plus knockout games was enough. This would not be linked to the main championship and teams with a load of county players could end up in a lower division but that would suit their level without them. Fixtures again set in stone. County players play if available but won't be called of for anything.

This would mean county players being involved for all the important games that decided the championship you play in. There'd still be a separate league with regular games for club players and as its not linked to the championship some clubs with a few county men who struggle without won't mind dropping a division.

Red Hand Man

Some good suggestions there regarding future fixture plans.  But what about the here and now?

What about this weekends games?  What about this years championship?

The Trap

I have asked for time off work on Saturday to play so the games better go ahead..............

time ticking away

Somebody better pass that info onto mickey kerr
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Redhand Santa

Personally think the games should go ahead. Unfair on club players to cancel scheduled games. (Though the schedule needs to be shared much longer in advance). But given this is one of the biggest games many of the u21s will ever play I don't think they should be risked the week before and clubs should give them the game off. Not ideal but compromise needed for the benefit of all players.

Legoman5

Games will not go ahead this wkend!
Logan has already a wkend away planned for U21s

Christmas Lights

Quote from: The Trap on April 22, 2015, 06:07:46 PM
I have asked for time off work on Saturday to play so the games better go ahead..............

Games off this weekend, confirmed on teamtalkmag.com

It begins...........

oakleafgael

Quote from: Christmas Lights on April 22, 2015, 11:02:11 PM
Quote from: The Trap on April 22, 2015, 06:07:46 PM

Games off this weekend, confirmed on teamtalkmag.com

It begins...........

A farce.

The Trap

What the f@&k!!!!!!!! The idiots knew from last Saturday night that the under 21s were in the final. How come it takes 4 days to make a decision? Work fecked up again........I agree  with the decision by the way but why does it have to take so long to get it right? We need better people at the top who can make clear decisions or if not the people that are there presently need to step up to the plate.........

Under Lights

How was this decision not made and communicated last Sunday joke.

Ordinary club player suffers ago.
Reserve football a joke in this county too- how reserve games get called off because of county is laughable. Needs to be a separate league from seniors and just played off over 3 months. Now no one getting a game this weekend.

Carmenalways

Quote from: Tommo2 on April 22, 2015, 11:02:57 AM
Quote from: Carmenalways on April 21, 2015, 11:49:43 PM
Quote from: Tommo2 on April 20, 2015, 05:55:14 PM
It looks like Carrickmore have been awarded the win against Killyclogher in the opening league game. I wonder how much the pressure from the Tyrone/Ulster Herald report had to bear on the refs decision to change the scorecard. It seems strange that the particular newspaper allows reporters from their own club produce the match report. Hardly unbiased reporting.

The report(regardless of where the reporter is from)stated the facts. Carmen scored 1-12. Final score 1-11 to 1-11. Such a nonsense of a post.

The fact is the ref told the players that their was 1 point in it. He made a point of making the scoreboard guy change the scoreboard. As a result Killyclogher tried to score a point from a 45, which they duly did. If they thought they were 3 points down they would have dropped the ball in for a goal attempt. Also, they had an opportunity for a point in injury time, which they went for, thinking it would be the winning point. If they had known they were 2 points down, they would have attempted a goal scoring opportunity. The ref stated to both players and officials after the game that it was a draw and he duly recorded this score with the Tyrone website. The pressure afterwards resulted in him changing his report/score. I understand the fact that Carrickmore scored more than Killyclogher. However, the ref had informed everyone of his understanding of the position and as a result, Killyclogher responded by going for an equalising point as opposed to a goal. They also attempted a further point in injury time, thinking it would be the winning point. Again, this was on the basis of the score recorded by the ref. I don't know what the ruling is on this, but it did have a bearing on the way Killyclogher finished the game.

It wasn't a nonsense post. Mind you, I thought Carrickmore didn't care about the league. Seems they do!
i take your points about killyclogher in the the last 10 mins. I agree. Your previous post wasn't about that unfortunately. It was about the report in the ulster herald putting pressure on the referee to change his scorecard. Nonsense. The Tyrone times report was of course not the same,but very similar. Reporter ain't from carrickmore either. We care about every game in carrickmore by the way...

W.A.G. Lover

I have sat on the fence so far over this dilemma off County v Club in the case of the U21s. The U21s deserve our full support and rightly so, but the County Board has not acted in the correct manner in order to keep Clubs happy and offer their full support.
This weekends fixtures called off on Tuesday night, and news of this only reaching the Clubs and Players on Wednesday. The U21s won their Semi Final on Saturday - why did we have to wait 3-4 days for this decision? There is a clear lack of respect for the average club player. What about the man who booked off work to accomodate the games on Saturday evening? What about the numerous clubs who have booked flights for players coming home from England to play games? I want to put my full support behind the U21s, they deserve their chance of success, but the farce regarding fixtures this week has really tinted my judgement!

Red Hand Man

The timing of the first round of the championship is no totally untenable.

3 matches with a "full panel" minus under 21 players more often than not, and a starred fixture before championship.  A lack of respect shown to club players.  It must be changed.  Time for everyone to stand up against this lunacy.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Red Hand Man on April 23, 2015, 09:44:06 AM
The timing of the first round of the championship is no totally untenable.

3 matches with a "full panel" minus under 21 players more often than not, and a starred fixture before championship.  A lack of respect shown to club players.  It must be changed.  Time for everyone to stand up against this lunacy.
I really cant se ethe championship going ahead in May now
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Red Hand Man

Wouldn't be so sure.  Remember, it won't suit some decision makers!