Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Localexpert on August 23, 2019, 06:34:15 PM
Quote from: the goal was on on August 23, 2019, 02:47:24 PM
Hi could have stayed but chose not to. Money talks

Would you turn down a job that moves you further on in your career and pays you more money?

This news kinda stinks....now just what the full story is right now we can only guess but Donnelly leaving Tyrone to take up a role with Ulster Rugby...fair enough, I don't think anyone would really argue that wasn't a career step up....but to then, about a week later news break you are signing up to do some kind of part time work with a rival county does not sit well.

Something has happened in the background and he's obviously been in discussion with Banty for some weeks.

Like I say, something stinks.

southtyronegael

How is this news? One person came on here and said it so it's just a rumour, for now.

the goal was on

It's not a rumour, but it's strange he would choose to team up with the Alan pardew of the Gaelic world.

Angelo

His remit with Tyrone was as a full time employee with all underage squads right up until senior level. I'd imagine Tyrone will be looking for someone to fill that role he has vacated now.

With Monaghan, he will be going in as a member of the backroom team for the senior setup, one would imagine that he is quoting a pretty substantial fee for that as his reputation in GAA circles for what he does is as high as you can get.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on August 24, 2019, 10:27:06 AM
His remit with Tyrone was as a full time employee with all underage squads right up until senior level. I'd imagine Tyrone will be looking for someone to fill that role he has vacated now.

With Monaghan, he will be going in as a member of the backroom team for the senior setup, one would imagine that he is quoting a pretty substantial fee for that as his reputation in GAA circles for what he does is as high as you can get.

He was a fairly vocal member of the Tyrone senior management set up....you could hear him before you seen him on sideline.

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 24, 2019, 10:47:54 AM
Quote from: Angelo on August 24, 2019, 10:27:06 AM

He was a fairly vocal member of the Tyrone senior management set up....you could hear him before you seen him on sideline.

He was but he was also a full time employee who was responsible for planning, prepping and monitoring all strength and conditioning programmes for underage squads right through to senior level.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: skeog on August 23, 2019, 01:19:02 PM
Peter Donnelly now linking up with Monaghan if Banty gets the gig.Seems strange that he couldnt have stayed part time in tyrone.

He strangely wasn't wanted I heard at the weekend!!
I imagine there will be more to follow as to what has happened but very silly of Tyrone!!

TF15

County board wouldn't pay him what he wanted so couldn't retain him. It's purely financial. A real lack of foresight on the county boards behalf in my opinion. One that they'll in time regret.

Under Lights

Quote from: TF15 on August 26, 2019, 12:51:10 PM
County board wouldn't pay him what he wanted so couldn't retain him. It's purely financial. A real lack of foresight on the county boards behalf in my opinion. One that they'll in time regret.

Are we really saying that there is no one else in the whole county that is fit to come up with a S&C plan? This fawning over PD is a bit much.

GlenMan

So you want the County Board to keep giving him more money every time he asked for it? Not going to happen.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: GlenMan on August 26, 2019, 01:46:28 PM

So you want the County Board to keep giving him more money every time he asked for it? Not going to happen.

Yes he's a proven tack record to be one of the best in the industry and it well affordable for our county board!

Any tom dick or harry just cant come in and do it!!

trailer

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on August 26, 2019, 02:04:47 PM

Yes he's a proven tack record to be one of the best in the industry and it well affordable for our county board!

Wonder if it was a case of Ferguson and Rooney were Utd agreed a player / employee couldn't be paid more than the manager?

Dire Ear

Any new additions to the training coaches?

Under Lights

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on August 26, 2019, 02:04:47 PM

I'd give the Kerry S/C coach a shout, his boys were fitter than Peter Donnellys from what I seen a few weeks ago.