Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on November 14, 2018, 10:07:40 AM
I see that the Daily Mail has come out with front page headline in support of May's proposal.

Has she yet boxed clever?  The likes of the DUP, Rees Mogg and Boris are all lunatics who were never going to be happy.  So, if she knows her own cabinet well enough, allied with a media campaign that this is the best on offer she could get a Labour rump onside and throw Arlene and co. under the bus?  I am sure the spectre of a no deal will win some over.

Otherwise are we looking at a General election and a no deal, disorganized brexit?

/Jim.
Paul Dacre , the old editor, was a Brexit lunatic. The new editor is anti Brexit.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

I see that the Daily Mail has come out with front page headline in support of May's proposal.

Has she yet boxed clever?  The likes of the DUP, Rees Mogg and Boris are all lunatics who were never going to be happy.  So, if she knows her own cabinet well enough, allied with a media campaign that this is the best on offer she could get a Labour rump onside and throw Arlene and co. under the bus?  I am sure the spectre of a no deal will win some over.

Otherwise are we looking at a General election and a no deal, disorganized brexit?

/Jim.

Rees Mogg stirring the shit it seems saying the Dublin will have a say in the running of NI, he's a little guttersnipe with a face you couldn't stop punching once you got started.

If only Jacob, if only.........

sensethetone

Seamie's not happy. How that man's not done for hate crimes.

seafoid

Quote from: johnnycool on November 14, 2018, 10:18:05 AM

/Jim.

Rees Mogg stirring the shit it seems saying the Dublin will have a say in the running of NI, he's a little guttersnipe with a face you couldn't stop punching once you got started.

If Dublin did run NI, industrial promotion would be better
Diplomatic support would be better
Road infrastructure could be more logical etc

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on November 14, 2018, 10:35:17 AM

/Jim.

Our road structure is logical, if you're a unionist.

RedHand88

I want to see Varadkar outside the Dáil holding a press conference welcoming our unionist brothers and sisters into a new economically linked Ireland, purely for maximum trolling effect.

BennyCake

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 14, 2018, 10:49:42 AM
I want to see Varadkar outside the Dáil holding a press conference welcoming our unionist brothers and sisters into a new economically linked Ireland, purely for maximum trolling effect.

Some chance. Leo will do what his EU and British masters tell him to do.

seafoid

Quote from: johnnycool on November 14, 2018, 10:38:39 AM
Quote from: seafoid on November 14, 2018, 10:35:17 AM

/Jim.

Our road structure is logical, if you're a unionist.
But not for hurling. We need a hurling superhighway from East Cork via Kilkenny and Tipp to Ards and Antrim

stephenite

Quote from: trailer on November 13, 2018, 08:59:17 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 13, 2018, 02:05:04 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/nov/13/northern-irish-farmers-brexit-enniskillen

Maguire, who owns and rents farmland and does not want to return to the old days when there was "nothing but trouble" on the border, said: "To be quite honest, nobody knows what's going on."

He fears that if tariffs are put on sheep, his sales market is dead. "The first thing that will go are the sheep. Seventy percent of them go south to be killed. If there's barriers there, the market goes," Maguire said.

For him, the approach of the DUP is unfathomable. The party does not represent border communities and is threatening the livelihoods of farmers on the border, he said. "The DUP are backing themselves into a corner. They are not going to agree unless it's their way or no way. They are holding the government to ransom," Maguire said.

Protestant Farmers to a man voted leave. They hate the "red tape" that the EU enforces in return for subsidies. They think leaving the EU will remove this. Boy are they in for a shock.

Mods, can we ban for complete horseshit that is posted?

Rossfan

Quote from: BennyCake on November 14, 2018, 10:54:43 AM

Must really piss you off that the 26 Cos is a sovereign state and has 26 sovereign partners in Europe ;D
The Irish Government will say ad little as possible for a few days till the Brits sort themselves out/disintegrate
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

The EU unity is impressive, their negotiators are empowered whereas the conservative government and allies are a disparate babbling bunch. 

I see ex-taoiseach Aherne claimed that Barnier et al made a huge concession by offering a UK-wide customs arrangement, instead of a discrete backstop for the Irish border.
Is that so?

GJL

Quote from: BennyCake on November 14, 2018, 10:54:43 AM

Yes Leo has really pandered to the brits in the whole Brexit process..   ::) ::)

seafoid

Quote from: Main Street on November 14, 2018, 11:17:24 AM
The EU unity is impressive, their negotiators are empowered whereas the conservative government and allies are a disparate babbling bunch. 

I see ex-taoiseach Aherne claimed that Barnier et al made a huge concession by offering a UK-wide customs arrangement, instead of a discrete backstop for the Irish border.
Is that so?
This fella says the opposite

Rupert Harrison @rbrharrison

Despite the furious ERG/DUP spin the reality is that TM has delivered a significant negotiating achievement over the last few weeks - holding out against a NI only
backstop and effectively forcing the EU to concede

seafoid

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/14/dup-warns-may-over-brexit-deal-as-cabinet-prepares-for-showdown

Speaking on BBC Radio 4's Today programme, the DUP's chief whip at Westminster, Jeffrey Donaldson, said his party, which supports May in government, could not back the deal as it stands.
"This is not the right Brexit," he said. "It doesn't give the United Kingdom as a whole the opportunity to do free trade deals and to take control of its own future."

How would Jeffrey know? the DUP can't even run the economy in NI
And in a globalised world with a failing economic system how can any country "take control of its own future"
The DUP is like a cargo cult   

Main Street

Quote from: seafoid on November 14, 2018, 11:23:01 AM
Quote from: Main Street on November 14, 2018, 11:17:24 AM

Is that so?
This fella says the opposite

Rupert Harrison @rbrharrison

Despite the furious ERG/DUP spin the reality is that TM has delivered a significant negotiating achievement over the last few weeks - holding out against a NI only
backstop and effectively forcing the EU to concede
Eh?  That sounds like Rupert and Bertie are in total agreement not opposites.