Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winghalfun

I remember watching an interview with Ricky Gervais and he mentioned that Keith Harris was one of the few (if not the only person) who turned him down for a part in his television show 'Extras'.

Either foolhardy (think Robert De Niro, Kate Winslett, Ben Stiller, Samuel L Jackson) or showed great integrity.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: winghalfun on April 29, 2015, 11:13:27 AM
I remember watching an interview with Ricky Gervais and he mentioned that Keith Harris was one of the few (if not the only person) who turned him down for a part in his television show 'Extras'.

Either foolhardy (think Robert De Niro, Kate Winslett, Ben Stiller, Samuel L Jackson) or showed great integrity.

An interesting read below on his rags to riches then back again story, kinda heartbreaking when you think of all these entertainers from the 80s who probably share the same story. We explained to some younger members of our office who had never heard of him that this was entertainment as we knew it back in the day. They had a look of total bewilderment. Very funny. The article also explains his reason not to appear in extras. If you ever get the chance to watch the Louis Theurox interview/visit to Keith Harris house. Head behind hands stuff but worth a watch.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-32498955

Orior

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on April 29, 2015, 12:21:58 PM

An interesting read below on his rags to riches then back again story, kinda heartbreaking when you think of all these entertainers from the 80s who probably share the same story. We explained to some younger members of our office who had never heard of him that this was entertainment as we knew it back in the day. They had a look of total bewilderment. Very funny. The article also explains his reason not to appear in extras. If you ever get the chance to watch the Louis Theurox interview/visit to Keith Harris house. Head behind hands stuff but worth a watch.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-32498955

Keith Harris was a breath of fresh air*. My entertainment was people like Mike Yarwood, Ray Allen & Lord Charles and Shari Lewis & Lamb Chop.

* joking
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Aristo 60

I might be wrong but if Harris was intended to play the part that Keith Chegwin eventually played, then he was right to turn it down if it so disagreed with his sensibilities. It contained some pretty raw stuff if I remember it correctly.

Shamrock Shore

QuoteThe entertainer spiralled into depression and even contemplated drowning himself, ironically, in a local duck pond.

:-\

dec

T Fearon

Was there a Doctor on Stand By?

redcard

Rebecca Ellison Rio Ferdinands wife

5 Sams

Quote from: redcard on May 02, 2015, 11:25:06 AM
Rebecca Ellison Rio Ferdinands wife

V sad. Three young children. Cancer is a bastard.
The Aristocrat Years

Itchy

Cancer respects nothing. Not status, wealth nor creed.

Orior

David Goldberg, one of Silicon Valley's most high-profile, well-regarded and well-liked entrepreneurs, died suddenly last night of undetermined causes.

News of his untimely death was posted on Facebook by his brother and also confirmed by people close to his family. Goldberg, 47, was the husband of Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg — they have two young children — and the CEO of SurveyMonkey.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

nrico2006

Quote from: Orior on May 05, 2015, 11:39:40 AM
David Goldberg, one of Silicon Valley's most high-profile, well-regarded and well-liked entrepreneurs, died suddenly last night of undetermined causes.

News of his untimely death was posted on Facebook by his brother and also confirmed by people close to his family. Goldberg, 47, was the husband of Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg — they have two young children — and the CEO of SurveyMonkey.

Apparently fell of his treadmill.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

Seriously? Did he fall out a fecking window or something? Surely a fall off a treadmill wouldn't kill a 47 year old man?

nrico2006

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 05, 2015, 11:49:44 AM
Seriously? Did he fall out a fecking window or something? Surely a fall off a treadmill wouldn't kill a 47 year old man?

Apparently whatever he hit his head off caused serious damage.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ziggysego

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 05, 2015, 11:49:44 AM

I know of people falling big distances and being grand and others tripped over and dying because of how they hit their head.
Testing Accessibility