Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: ziggysego on December 09, 2012, 02:52:22 PM
RIP Patrick Moore.

Met him once in Disneyland Paris. Ran into him accidentally with my w'chair. I apologised, but he gave an earful. Annoyed me slightly, but I didn't want him dead.

"Annoyed me slightly, but I didn't want him dead" - line of the year. That and the incongruous concept of Patrick Moore cavorting in Disneyland have convinced me. We've finally uncovered the identity of Olly.

armaghniac

QuoteWonder was he a Harps  or an Ogs man?

Well he obviously acquired a dislike of Tyrone people, so managed to fit in to some extent.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Gaffer

Quote from: armaghniac on December 09, 2012, 08:16:29 PM

Well he obviously acquired a dislike of Tyrone people, so managed to fit in to some extent.

Well, if he was living in Armagh around September 2003 and August 2005 he would have good reason to  ;D
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

theticklemister

Quote from: Gaffer on December 09, 2012, 08:18:45 PM

Well, if he was living in Armagh around September 2003 and August 2005 he would have good reason to  ;D

My hatred of Tyronies go up there with those 20 union protesters on the footbridge in Derry today >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Gaffer

Quote from: theticklemister on December 09, 2012, 08:20:23 PM

My hatred of Tyronies go up there with those 20 union protesters on the footbridge in Derry today >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

And it probably keeps you awake at night  ;D

theticklemister

Quote from: Gaffer on December 09, 2012, 08:30:19 PM

My hatred started in the mid/late 90s when were the better team than ye in our games in the ulster championship but ye still managed to win the tight games. Canavan just rose to the occasions on them days. He started the diving, then Dooher and co continued it ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaffer

Quote from: theticklemister on December 09, 2012, 08:38:10 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on December 09, 2012, 08:30:19 PM

My hatred started in the mid/late 90s when were the better team than ye in our games in the ulster championship but ye still managed to win the tight games. Canavan just rose to the occasions on them days. He started the diving, then Dooher and co continued it ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see!!!  That's a lot of lost sleep!!!!  Hateful losing the tight games!!!

ziggysego

It's a shame the bitterness in Derry won't die ;)
Testing Accessibility

All of a Sludden

RIP Patrick Moore.

Met him once in Disneyland Paris. Ran into him accidentally with my w'chair. I apologised, but he gave an earful. Annoyed me slightly, but I didn't want him dead.

Ziggy, when Mr Moore said "I want to see Uranus", you may have misunderstood his intentions.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: All of a Sludden on December 09, 2012, 09:04:18 PM
RIP Patrick Moore.

Ziggy, when Mr Moore said "I want to see Uranus", you may have misunderstood his intentions.

I'd have been pissed off too, where you tested for drink driving? :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Nally Stand

RIP Patrick Stewart...

No more Mr Night Sky!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Hardy

give her dixie

Patrick Moore gets interviewed by Chris Evans and Zig and Zag on Channel 4's Big Breakfast Show, and he then performs a song on his xylophone.

Classic TV from the early 90's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngVAfMDtqf8
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Declan

The late Kieran Maher
11 December 2012
Sad to report the death of former Dublin All Ireland hero Kieran Maher

Kieran came on as a substitute for John Caffrey in Dublins 1983 win over Galway

The Ballyboden star shortly after emigrated to the US. There he gave terrific service to the Shannon Blues club in Boston.

Kieran was only 50 years of age.

Ar dheis De go raibh a anam.

Sandino

Sitar player Ravi Shankar, who popularised Indian music around the world, dies hospital in the United States at the age of 92.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''