Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

anyone watch bloodline on Netflix?

Verdicts?

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Thastheball on July 29, 2020, 02:14:36 PM
watched the first three seasons of 'Animal Kingdom' on Prime. Loved it

The film is far superior to this series.

Rois

Quote from: johnnycool on July 30, 2020, 04:33:18 PM
anyone watch bloodline on Netflix?

Verdicts?
Yep - I enjoyed it.  Great cast - and the characters were interesting because they developed in ways I hadn't expected.  I think if you liked Ozark, you'd like it.

I started watching because it was set in the Keys and it had Kyle Chandler in it.  But glad I did. 

Minder

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on July 30, 2020, 04:38:10 PM
Quote from: Thastheball on July 29, 2020, 02:14:36 PM
watched the first three seasons of 'Animal Kingdom' on Prime. Loved it

The film is far superior to this series.

The film is great
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Main Street

Quote from: Billys Boots on July 28, 2020, 09:52:56 AM
Am enjoying the new Sky adaptation of the 'Perry Mason' yarns - seems to have drawn influences heavily from the recent German 'Babylon Berlin' adaptations.  Recommended ... if you like that sort of thing.
It's very interesting, pretty dark, doesn't resemble the Perry I remember and his handsome sidekick who had a knack of finding the smoking gun just before Perry did his summing up. They spent a bit of money on this production. Jesus saves but Perry will set you free.

lurganblue

The new series of Last Chance U has arrived on Netflix.  New team, new coaches and an inner city team this year from Oakland.  I have only watched 2 of the new series but it continues to be a great watch.  This new coach seems to be another character.

Amazing to see the lengths that the players/students go to, when also faced with society problems, family problems and this year, work problems.

oakleaflad

Quote from: lurganblue on August 03, 2020, 03:47:32 PM
The new series of Last Chance U has arrived on Netflix.  New team, new coaches and an inner city team this year from Oakland.  I have only watched 2 of the new series but it continues to be a great watch.  This new coach seems to be another character.

Amazing to see the lengths that the players/students go to, when also faced with society problems, family problems and this year, work problems.
Watched it all. Laney College, Oakland is certainly a different feel to East Mississippi or Independence, Kansas. This feels more like the nitty gritty of JUCO football as opposed to the facilities/money/scholarships etc seen at the previous schools. This coach is a bit more likeable than the others imo and agreed the lengths the players go to is really eye-opening.

Think this is the last football version of the show with Laney Basketball being covered next.

Targetman

Yeah great show thoroughly enjoyable, definitely no big time Charlies in this series, some of the players that the spotlight was on in previous series were definitely born with the silver spoon in their mouths, poor Dior has to sleep in his car!!

tbrick18

Umbrella Academy, I think it's brilliant.

Emmett

In searching for a new funny show to watch last night, I started to think of my favourite ever comedies.

For what it is worth here is my top 10. Please feel free to share your own as it may offer some viewing inspiration....

1 - Only fools and horses
2 - Father Ted
3 - It's always sunny in Philadelphia
4 - The Office
5 - Peep Show
6 - Fawlty Towers
7 - The Office US
8 - The Inbetweeners
9 - One foot in the grave
10 - Phoenix Nights

Honourable mentions for Blackadder, The Ali G show, Harry Enfield and Chums, The Fast Show, The IT Crowd, Friends.

gallsman

McMillions is a good documentary. Barely believable story.

JohnDenver

Quote from: Emmett on August 06, 2020, 09:31:43 AM
In searching for a new funny show to watch last night, I started to think of my favourite ever comedies.

For what it is worth here is my top 10. Please feel free to share your own as it may offer some viewing inspiration....

2 - Father Ted
4 - The Office
5 - Peep Show
6 - Fawlty Towers
7 - The Office US
8 - The Inbetweeners
10 - Phoenix Nights

Honourable mentions for Blackadder, The Ali G show, Harry Enfield and Chums, The Fast Show, The IT Crowd, Friends.

I enjoyed Silicon Valley  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2575988/

JoG2

Quote from: JohnDenver on August 06, 2020, 11:02:59 AM
Quote from: Emmett on August 06, 2020, 09:31:43 AM

2 - Father Ted
4 - The Office
5 - Peep Show
6 - Fawlty Towers
7 - The Office US
8 - The Inbetweeners
10 - Phoenix Nights

I enjoyed Silicon Valley  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2575988/

Curb Your Enthusiasm
Arrested Development
Modern Family

quit yo jibbajabba

Partridge also.

Curb, Office x 2, Peep Show, Fr Ted, Phoenix Nights.

Puck knows what order tho...

imtommygunn

I dunno what it is about peep show but I really can not stand it. I know loads rave about it.

Love silicon valley though can be a bit close to home sometimes with some of the characters I've worked with.