Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

Quote from: trailer on October 24, 2019, 10:47:13 AM
Peter Donnelly the genius who has helped Tyrone win 38 Mckenna cups. How ever will we cope without him???
Here lads Donnelly might've been good but what did he achieve in that role with Tyrone? We've bigger problems with that other ballbag taking over the entire the county including imposing his right wing draconian religious fundamentalism on us.
Get f**king real.
couldn't have said it better myself trailer.

HalfBack7

Does anyone have a copy of the provisional national league fixtures for 2020 that they could share. Can't find them anywhere online.

square_ball

Any new names in the squad for the McKenna Cup/NFL?

Under Lights

Quote from: square_ball on November 05, 2019, 09:55:49 AM
Any new names in the squad for the McKenna Cup/NFL?

Boys have been contacted. New trainer and coach looking to get fresh eyes over the team, fair enough I suppose.

inroundthesquare

Quote from: HalfBack7 on November 05, 2019, 09:53:31 AM
Does anyone have a copy of the provisional national league fixtures for 2020 that they could share. Can't find them anywhere online.

25/26 Jan - Meath (home)
1/2 Feb - Monaghan (away)
8/9 Feb - Kerry (home)
22/23 Feb - Galway (away)
28/29 Feb - Dublin (home)
14 Mar - Donegal (away)
22 Mar - Mayo (away)

Angelo

Quote from: inroundthesquare on November 06, 2019, 08:02:43 PM

25/26 Jan - Meath (home)
8/9 Feb - Kerry (home)
14 Mar - Donegal (away)
22 Mar - Mayo (away)

Important we get off to a good start next year as that's a tough run in. I think we'll be needing 4 points from the first two games.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Angelo on November 06, 2019, 08:09:18 PM

25/26 Jan - Meath (home)
8/9 Feb - Kerry (home)
14 Mar - Donegal (away)
22 Mar - Mayo (away)

Important we get off to a good start next year as that's a tough run in. I think we'll be needing 4 points from the first two games.
Not that important though, the league is for basically for trialing players to see if they can give anything in the championship

Angelo

Quote from: Pearse Blue on November 07, 2019, 08:50:07 AM
Quote from: Angelo on November 06, 2019, 08:09:18 PM

25/26 Jan - Meath (home)
8/9 Feb - Kerry (home)
14 Mar - Donegal (away)
22 Mar - Mayo (away)

Not that important though, the league is for basically for trialing players to see if they can give anything in the championship

It's important we stay up.

GetOverTheBar

I'm led to believe that some the recent call ups will have about 1/2/3 weeks training with county before first fixture above with the Sigerson.

Not ideal for them.

Spilman47

So whats the thoughts on another Tyrone man heading for Monaghan set-up.....John Devine....as Beggan's GK Coach, another lose for Tyrone...whats going on #FFS

skeog

southtyronegael

Quote from: skeog on November 07, 2019, 07:37:06 PM
Sure Pascal mc Connell be obvious replacement.Top man.
Pascal publicly called for change of management in his newspaper column after the Kerry game so doubt he will be getting any phonecalls.

Angelo

What positions do we think we are lacking in currently on the panel?

I think Rory Brennan and McNamee are nailed on in the full back line now after they performed really well last year but I think we need more reliable man markers here in addition to them. Hampsey needs to get back to fitness and I think he will generally slot in wherever we need a man marking job done - similar to Conor Gormley in his day. The likes of Eoghan Murray, Niall Kelly and Conall Grimes might be worth a look here.

I think 6 is a gaping hole in our team, we conceded an enormous amount of goals from players running through us at the middle last year, we need to position a player there who is an intelligent player with good positional sense - there are currently no standout players for this spot in our current panel. Possibly Michael O'Neill from Ardboe but he's more likely another attacking half back

Not sure if Colm Cavanagh will come back this year, he's definitely in decline but I still feel that he would have something to offer as an impact sub in helping us close out games with his experience and aerial ability. I'd expect Con Kilpatrick is a cert for a call up and Paudie McNulty may also be in line for a call up.

I think our half forward line let us down badly in terms of scores last year, Sludden had a really poor year and Peter Harte had some periods of good form in the league but he really failed to get going in the Championship. I think we need a dynamic scoring wing forward who is good for chipping in with a few scores consistently. Meyler and McGeary get through a lot of work for us in that area but neither impact the scoreboard enough. Cassidy and Burns did well on the scoring front from the HB line last year but I think they are better coming from deep. I can't think of too many standout choices here - maybe Mulgrew will get a break with injuries and push on this season. Ryan Gray has had a good year for Trillick and I like what I saw of Nathan Donnelly a few years back with Killyclogher.

The FF line has been massively aided by McShane's peformances last season, we have plenty of talented forwards in there who can play as a foil off of him - McCurry, McAliskey, Bradley, Brennan (if he returns) and other younger players around the county like Canavan, T Quinn, E McNabb but the modern game doesn't really suit these guys playing inside. I think we need to find more physical players as an alternative to McShane in case he is unavailable as he is absolutely vital to our plans. I think Moy's Ryan Coleman is certainly worth a look in this regard. I also think Paul Donaghy is worth a look at in terms of partnering McShane inside, he's a big lad and he knows where the posts are. ]

I'd be looking to leave both M Donnelly and P Harte inside as much as possible next year. I thought both their best form last year came when they were playing inside, Harte had a few brilliant games in the league when we was inside, he was MOTM in the league game against Monaghan and scored fairly well. Donnelly also had his best games inside, the league match with Dublin and Super 8s tie with Cork sticking out.

I'd hope there's a bit of a cull in some of the fringe players, there's quite a few there for a while now who have not broken in. Wouldn't mind seeing Coney get 3 or 4 successive starts at 11 in the league to see if he's up to it. He gives us something different than what we already have there.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Angelo on November 08, 2019, 10:19:58 AM

I think Rory Brennan and McNamee are nailed on in the full back line now after they performed really well last year but I think we need more reliable man markers here in addition to them. Hampsey needs to get back to fitness and I think he will generally slot in wherever we need a man marking job done - similar to Conor Gormley in his day. The likes of Eoghan Murray, Niall Kelly and Conall Grimes might be worth a look here.

I think 6 is a gaping hole in our team, we conceded an enormous amount of goals from players running through us at the middle last year, we need to position a player there who is an intelligent player with good positional sense - there are currently no standout players for this spot in our current panel. Possibly Michael O'Neill from Ardboe but he's more likely another attacking half back

Not sure if Colm Cavanagh will come back this year, he's definitely in decline but I still feel that he would have something to offer as an impact sub in helping us close out games with his experience and aerial ability. I'd expect Con Kilpatrick is a cert for a call up and Paudie McNulty may also be in line for a call up.

I think our half forward line let us down badly in terms of scores last year, Sludden had a really poor year and Peter Harte had some periods of good form in the league but he really failed to get going in the Championship. I think we need a dynamic scoring wing forward who is good for chipping in with a few scores consistently. Meyler and McGeary get through a lot of work for us in that area but neither impact the scoreboard enough. Cassidy and Burns did well on the scoring front from the HB line last year but I think they are better coming from deep. I can't think of too many standout choices here - maybe Mulgrew will get a break with injuries and push on this season. Ryan Gray has had a good year for Trillick and I like what I saw of Nathan Donnelly a few years back with Killyclogher.

The FF line has been massively aided by McShane's peformances last season, we have plenty of talented forwards in there who can play as a foil off of him - McCurry, McAliskey, Bradley, Brennan (if he returns) and other younger players around the county like Canavan, T Quinn, E McNabb but the modern game doesn't really suit these guys playing inside. I think we need to find more physical players as an alternative to McShane in case he is unavailable as he is absolutely vital to our plans. I think Moy's Ryan Coleman is certainly worth a look in this regard. I also think Paul Donaghy is worth a look at in terms of partnering McShane inside, he's a big lad and he knows where the posts are. ]

I'd be looking to leave both M Donnelly and P Harte inside as much as possible next year. I thought both their best form last year came when they were playing inside, Harte had a few brilliant games in the league when we was inside, he was MOTM in the league game against Monaghan and scored fairly well. Donnelly also had his best games inside, the league match with Dublin and Super 8s tie with Cork sticking out.

I'd hope there's a bit of a cull in some of the fringe players, there's quite a few there for a while now who have not broken in. Wouldn't mind seeing Coney get 3 or 4 successive starts at 11 in the league to see if he's up to it. He gives us something different than what we already have there.
Don't think Mickey Harte is taking any more job applications, nor do i think he reads the discussion board for advice.. Get back to work ffs

Angelo

Quote from: Pearse Blue on November 08, 2019, 11:21:29 AM
Quote from: Angelo on November 08, 2019, 10:19:58 AM

Don't think Mickey Harte is taking any more job applications, nor do i think he reads the discussion board for advice.. Get back to work ffs

Thanks for that advice but you don't seem to understand this is a discussion board, not a support group for idiots like yourself.