Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix

Thanks be to jaysus from rashford. Hopefully we hold out or push for a third!
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Tony Baloney

Lads must be out celebrating the big win.

johnneycool

Quote from: Helix on April 20, 2017, 10:20:18 PM
Thanks be to jaysus from rashford. Hopefully we hold out or push for a third!

Fellaini sprung from the bench to get over the line

stiffler

Quote from: stiffler on April 13, 2017, 10:31:17 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 13, 2017, 10:27:10 PM
Quote from: The Stallion on April 13, 2017, 10:20:55 PM
I doubt it. Utd should swat aside a team as poor as that at home.
Manchester United have failed to beat worse sides than Anderlecht in Old Trafford this season and a 2-2 or 3-3 result next Thursday will put the Belgium side through.

A 1-1 draw and penalties also.

Wasn't far away with this prediction.

Anderlecht showed little and really should have been put to the sword a lot earlier.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Captain Obvious

Quote from: GJL on April 20, 2017, 09:59:33 PM
How have they not scored a second? That could be a season ender for Zlatan.  :-\
Only seen it now at his age it could be career ender.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 20, 2017, 11:07:05 PM
Quote from: GJL on April 20, 2017, 09:59:33 PM
How have they not scored a second? That could be a season ender for Zlatan.  :-\
Only seen it now at his age it could be career ender.

I'd go with that!! He never stays down but you just knew that once he hit the ground that there was an over extension of the knee! Awful for him, he was trying so hard but was way off the pace in my view, not a good night with injuries and amount of effort needed to win...

An offside goal decision going against them to.. need a killer instinct in fairness

On that form Utd will struggle with the other teams, impressed with Anderlecht, couple decent players
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Quote from: stiffler on April 20, 2017, 11:05:54 PM
Quote from: stiffler on April 13, 2017, 10:31:17 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 13, 2017, 10:27:10 PM
Quote from: The Stallion on April 13, 2017, 10:20:55 PM
I doubt it. Utd should swat aside a team as poor as that at home.
Manchester United have failed to beat worse sides than Anderlecht in Old Trafford this season and a 2-2 or 3-3 result next Thursday will put the Belgium side through.

A 1-1 draw and penalties also.

Wasn't far away with this prediction.

Anderlecht showed little and really should have been put to the sword a lot earlier.

I thought Anderlecht showed more tonight than they showed in the 1st leg when their only chance was that late goal in Belgium. Tonight they could have scored more than the one goal.

Hard earned win for United but has come at big cost with probably losing their top scorer and arguably best defender this season to injury. Celta Vigo,Lyon and Ajax a difficult semi final awaits whoever it is.

magpie seanie

Must say I didn't really enjoy that even though some of the performances of United players were excellent. Confidence is the key word. Look at Rashford now. Rabona, Cruyff turn, beating players almost at will and terrorising the Anderlecht defence. I'm beginning to wonder, despite his massive contribution all season, if Ibrahimovic has been over used particularly at home. He's quite predictable and slow in general play.....the attack looks more vibrant and dangerous with Rashford (in this form) through the middle. Small sample size granted and to be fair ridiculous amount of chances missed again last night. Thankfully Anderlecht didn't capitalise on this and missed a few of their own. United's defence is really wobbly with Blind at centre back and the clown Pogba on the field constantly losing the ball. He seems to play the game as if it doesn't really matter or else, really infuriating player to watch.

Like the FA Cup last year United just seems to be doing enough to get through. Draw upcoming will ensure a tricky but winnable semi final. Don't want to express a pref for fear of hexing it!

Milltown Row2

Celta away, away first has helped them recently, still a tough draw but mucg better playing at home  in the second leg, as proved last night
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 21, 2017, 12:22:19 PM
Celta away, away first has helped them recently, still a tough draw but mucg better playing at home  in the second leg, as proved last night

Yes very tough draw. What are they 10th in La Liga, just 30 odd points off the top??

GJL

Best draw they could of got for sure. Centre back is becoming a worry injury wise but Bailey is a class act and should become as good as Vidic.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on April 21, 2017, 01:01:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 21, 2017, 12:22:19 PM

Yes very tough draw. What are they 10th in La Liga, just 30 odd points off the top??

You've seen Utd's form lately? They aint setting the world alight, a decent win over Chelsea does not mask a poor season, add in the injuries and you have the making of a tougher match than say 5/6 years ago against same type teams...

AZOffaly

Jesus that's rough. RIP.

Maroon Manc

injuries becoming a huge concern now although a bad result in the derby next Thursday and he'll give up on the league.

Over the 2 legs United were comfortably a 3 or 4 goals the better side, missed chances the story of our season. If Zlatan has done something serious to his knee then I'd imagine we've seen the last of him in a United shirt.  Rojo is a huge loss given his form, Blind was poor last night when he came on but in fairness he's not played centre half so he's bound to be rusty. I'd like to see Fosuh-Mensah given a chance at centre half.