Mayo manager resigns - for defo.

Started by moysider, August 27, 2018, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 27, 2018, 04:38:21 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 27, 2018, 04:36:34 PM
Would James Horan take the job again at some point in the future?
Is he over anyone at the moment?
Managing Wesport seniors at the moment and i can imagine he will manage Mayo seniors again in the near future.

I did call it when some thought Horan was a non runner for a return ;)

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on September 28, 2018, 04:26:20 PM
The amount of money the bag handlers are going to have to be fronting for a Horan style set-up when the team itself is in need of a near-complete overhaul seems like a form of madness.

Pure madness syf , I tell ya , pure madness.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

dublin7

The amount of money the bag handlers are going to have to be fronting for a Horan style set-up when the team itself is in need of a near-complete overhaul seems like a form of madness.

I don't often agree with Syf(who does) but the Mayo job is a rebuilding job. Is Horan going to stick around for 3/4 years or is he just in it for 1/2 years to try and get one last push from the current panel and stick with the same older players. That won't work and will set mayo football back years

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

The third 'second coming'. Third time lucky?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 28, 2018, 08:38:00 PM
4th second coming since the late 80s. John O'Mahony,John Maughan and Pat Holmes

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: dublin7 on September 28, 2018, 07:49:09 PM

I don't often agree with Syf(who does) but the Mayo job is a rebuilding job. Is Horan going to stick around for 3/4 years or is he just in it for 1/2 years to try and get one last push from the current panel and stick with the same older players. That won't work and will set mayo football back years

Sure if he only hung around long enough to put a stop to the five-in-a-row wouldn't it be better than nothing? We're not a people that can afford to be choosy you know.

Syferus

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 28, 2018, 10:01:10 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on September 28, 2018, 07:49:09 PM

Sure if he only hung around long enough to put a stop to the five-in-a-row wouldn't it be better than nothing? We're not a people that can afford to be choosy you know.

Unless he has a time machine he isn't stopping shît.

From the Bunker

This is a strange place for Mayo football! What every pundit has said about this squad since the 2012 final loss. Looks to finally have happened - they have ran out of gas! This crowd kept coming back and back that we even doubted ourselves that they would go away.

Horan must be mad to go back! It holds nothing but failure for him.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 28, 2018, 10:17:16 PM
This is a strange place for Mayo football! What every pundit has said about this squad since the 2012 final loss. Looks to finally have happened - they have ran out of gas! This crowd kept coming back and back that we even doubted ourselves that they would go away.

Horan must be mad to go back! It holds nothing but failure for him.
Arra, I wouldn't be too worried- not yet anyway.  ;D
What people have been saying year upon year has been wrong every time, up to the end of last year  anyway.  I think the early exit from the championship this year will prove to have been a bonus for the veterans when the dust has settled and we can look back in hindsight.
I expect very few, if any, will turn an invitation from James to stay on for one more fling. By any standard you'd care to mention, all of those who have been around when he was still in charge are exceptional men and the rules of conventional logic don't always apply to all or any of them. I can't see Clarke, Barrett, Cafferky, Higgins, Keegan or Paddy Durcan calling it a day and that's only the backs.
Seamie is a doubt, IMO anyway. But if Tom Parsons gets back to anything like full match fitness, it will be a massive boost for James's chances of hitting the ground running.
Upfront, Kevin Mac, the O'Connors and Jason Doherty should have plenty left in the tank yet. If Andy was an ordinary man, he'd be gone by now but he isn't and he won't. I think he still as the capacity to add a lot to the team, as an impact sub if nothing else.
Dunno too much about those waiting in the wings but Eoin O'Donoghue and James Durcan have impressed me a lot. Young Loftus looks talented but a bit immature to date.
I'll expect a changed man  when next season comes around.
It's about time that a few more of the successful u21s began to show their mettle. All in all, Mayo will still be around for some time yet.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

On what planet do you live on where you think Tom Parsons is going to play IC football in 2019. If he ever plays at that level again even as a ceremonial sub he will have beaten long odds. It might be the single most horrorfic and damaging knee injury I've seen on a football field.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 28, 2018, 08:44:10 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 28, 2018, 08:38:00 PM
4th second coming since the late 80s. John O'Mahony,John Maughan and Pat Holmes

Jesus, forgot about Holmes!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

How did those second comings work out?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

The Galway wans and the Roscommon wans seem awful concerned about horans appointment. I don't think ye have a notion on the mans character or ability if you think he's going to be a failure   . He will win the Nestor cup back in his first year , he loves batin Galway .

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on September 29, 2018, 12:52:45 AM
On what planet do you live on where you think Tom Parsons is going to play IC football in 2019. If he ever plays at that level again even as a ceremonial sub he will have beaten long odds. It might be the single most horrorfic and damaging knee injury I've seen on a football field.

Planet earth young man. If parsons plays for Mayo next year will you retire from the mayo realted threads ?