TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Early Doors, with Craig Cash. Pure genius.

nrico2006

The end of Love/Hate was brilliant.  Dexter wasn't brilliant but it wasn't bad either, I liked the idea of him where he ended up.  The whole boat into the storm thing was stupid obviously.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 27, 2020, 09:52:28 AM
Quote from: screenexile on March 26, 2020, 11:42:25 PM
Was a fan of HIMYM at the start but the ending was horrifically bad like they dragged a whole twenty episodes out of an ending it was f**king stupid!!

Very rarely happy with endings I think shows that go out at the top are the best Gervais did it well 2 series then you're done dragging things on like they do in America only makes things stale.

Bojack Horseman has a very good ending!! Brilliant show!

Ah The Office, a work of genius. Still to this day can watch that show.

Never watched the American one, maybe that's something to look into.

The American one is very different. They've captured the Tim and Gareth dynamic very well with the Brent character being very different and they've brought in some other great characters that weren't in the original.

There's a lot of episodes and the laughs are diluted at times as sitcoms in American tend to do with 20 odd episodes but definitely enjoyable.

To save time the best bits are on youtube!

quit yo jibbajabba

Have always seen bits and pieces of the US Office but never from start to finish........until this week 😎😎

nrico2006

New season of Ozark out today.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

laoislad

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 27, 2020, 12:03:33 PM
Have always seen bits and pieces of the US Office but never from start to finish........until this week 😎😎
Excellent show, have watched the whole series multiple times.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

Quote from: gerrykeegan on March 25, 2020, 06:39:21 AM
Only just watched the first episode of Tiger King. Bonkers.

It is pretty nuts all right, but riveting stuff. ;D

Talk about a cast of oddballs. Each one dodgier than the last (not talking about the hair styles and clothes!), with deadly vendettas and grudges and conspiracies and all kinds of allegations. All in the world of exploiting and breeding big cats and other exotic animals. Watching it I was wondering why any of them agreed to be in it. No one came out of it looking well, even those who didn't fall foul of the law.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: laoislad on March 27, 2020, 01:18:04 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 27, 2020, 12:03:33 PM
Excellent show, have watched the whole series multiple times.

Id say ive well over half watched oer the years just never in order. Yah tis great LL

screenexile

Quote from: J70 on March 27, 2020, 01:35:54 PM

Talk about a cast of oddballs. Each one dodgier than the last (not talking about the hair styles and clothes!), with deadly vendettas and grudges and conspiracies and all kinds of allegations. All in the world of exploiting and breeding big cats and other exotic animals. Watching it I was wondering why any of them agreed to be in it. No one came out of it looking well, even those who didn't fall foul of the law.

Looking forward to this one have heard it's completely mental I remember the dude on with Louis Theroux at the time and thinking there's way more going on than his interest in big cats!!

johnnycool

Quote from: screenexile on March 27, 2020, 02:44:29 PM

Looking forward to this one have heard it's completely mental I remember the dude on with Louis Theroux at the time and thinking there's way more going on than his interest in big cats!!

Saw that popping up on Netflix last night, might have a gander tonight as I'm losing my patience with Safe.

Milltown Row2

I watched the first one last night, But i remember the one with Louis and at the time though he was just crackers, not wise in the head, like most Americans
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Newbridge Exile

I wouldn't be that big into Star wars  but 3 episodes in and I  am really enjoying the Mandalorian so far

theticklemister

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 28, 2020, 04:56:15 PM

I watched the first one last night, But i remember the one with Louis and at the time though he was just crackers, not wise in the head, like most Americans

Finished it all last night. One of the most captivating shows your ever going to watch. I loved every second of it.

Main Street

A 90min documentary  now on BBC 2 player,  Michael Jackson - the Paedophile Years,   only kidding,  it's called The Real Michael Jackson,  from the perspective of  former flag wavers, part of the "team Michael", now reviewing their perspectives from  the past decades with MJ. The documentary moves at a relaxed pace, made by a one time confirmed Jakobite.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 27, 2020, 10:40:25 AM
The end of Love/Hate was brilliant.  Dexter wasn't brilliant but it wasn't bad either, I liked the idea of him where he ended up.  The whole boat into the storm thing was stupid obviously.

Seriously, on a thread where people are recommending shows to watch, you go and give away the ending?! I sometimes wonder about people.
Hasta la victoria siempre