Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

You've little to be complaining about. Partisan linesmen are not uncommon throughout the country but let's face it, they're hardly likely to make a game changing decision. So long as the umpires are neutral there should enough support for the ref.

Stevie Nicks

What time are the games at on Sunday?

emainmacha

Agree umpires have much more impact on a game but the linesman can have major affect on a games outcome too

In injury time of game, your team is 2 points in front and in a melee the ball goes out off an opposition player's foot, the linesman who supports that team or for some other reason wants to see your team beaten gives line ball to them.
High ball into square is fisted into net and the whistle blows for full time.

Not going to happen very often, but if the fifty, fifty decisions are constantly going against you they have an accumulative effect, perhaps a player losing his temper at constant  wrong decisions ending up on the line.

(In these PC days should lineman be linesperson  ::) )

winsamsoon

I couldn't agree more Cúchulainns but this once again highlights the laughing stock that our county has become. I was talking to a lad from Tyrone and he told me even at under age games all officials are togged out. The worrying thing is that it will be the same if not worse for next year.

On another note where does one get tickets for the county final ???
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

JUst retired

The County final is not ticketed. You pay at the turnstiles. ::)

illdecide

Quote from: winsamsoon on October 12, 2009, 01:40:37 PM
I couldn't agree more Cúchulainns but this once again highlights the laughing stock that our county has become. I was talking to a lad from Tyrone and he told me even at under age games all officials are togged out. The worrying thing is that it will be the same if not worse for next year.

R u going to the Gerry Arthurs stand Win...lol
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

camloughlad

never seen wat started the row on saturday,first i new of it was when standin haven the craic i smelled gas and turn round and a load of cops in riot gear usein gas til get the ppl out of the buliding,still no rows goin on at this stage from wat i could see.then ppl started till turn on them cause of the way they heavy handed ppl out of the building.surely if there was a row the hotel security men could of handle it no call for the cops.if the cops hadnt of showsed up none of this would of happen.we were put out of the building and were not aloud til go back in for our coats or nothing.went down yesterday lookin for my coat they said no sorry your coat is not hear

winsamsoon

I heard a vicious rumour it was all ticket and i began to panic lads.
:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

I was there myself camlough and always felt the potential was there for an argument but to be honest i never even witnessed a crooked word being spoken. I left at about 1:30 and the majority of the crowd had dispersed and there were no signs of trouble. I would have thought if it would have been a normal row the bouncers could have dealt with it and there was no call for the cops, probably as you say only made matters worse.

camloughlad

they dnt be long turnin the story round till suit themselfs.they never once said on the news that they entered the building and started usein cs gas till move innocent people.ppl that would of moved if had of been ask to never mind being pushed and shoved out threw doors that ppl the other side were throwin bottles at could of put them out another door.they were not long sayin that 10 police officers receiving injuries,what about the ppl they injured with there batons and gas.no word of them is there.

wats that 4 ref

Quote from: Armagh Cúchulainns on October 12, 2009, 12:07:19 PM
After taking in 2 days action at Ath. Grounds over the weekend, i have to say the Co. Board need to take a good look at themselves in terms of organising games etc as the 3 games really undermined the clubs taking part and also puts pressure on other people to fill in where the board falls short

Saturday:
Killeavy v Sarsfields:
No linesmen turned up for game
Fellas that called the line were in plain clothes
One was a Harps man, possible conflict of interest i.e other semi final
Referee had to wear a club jacket/yellow bib to avoid clashing colours with Killeavy

Harps V Cross:
Killeavy fella called line, again possible conflict of interest

Sunday

Ogs v Dromintee:
Referee wore tracksuit bottoms during game
Not enough neutral umpires provided
Referee only played 27 mins in 2nd half, not that this affected the result

Belleeks v S O Neills
Referee,
2 linesmen
4 neutral umpires
Paging flags used

Why such bad organisation of Youth fixtures over the weekend and throughout the year.
The standards that our Co. Board are setting for young players in the county is nothing short of disgraceful and purely undermines the sense of occasion on big days for the young players from the clubs.

Rant Over
at r game on sunday the ref lands 20 mins late strolled onto the field blew the whistle for the toss then says right lads hurry up and get this going and everybody keep ure mouth shut and well get on ok.. ??? ??? f##k me what a start ;D both teams laughed and of course the ref took centre stage throughout the match booking about 16 players and neither physio was on the field more than once ::) :o ??? :D complete clown.

illdecide

Well lads it getting closer to the final and i just wanna wish both teams the best of luck and hope the best team on the day wins the match and that whoever the ref is that he doesn't try to be the centre of attention and let the game flow.

On the game itself it could go either way and it will not be any surprise to see the Harps win but I'm gonna stick my neck out and go for the Og's by 2pts as i believe they are that we bit stronger defensively but I'll certainly not be putting any money on this final thats for sure as it will be a lot closer that the bookies are making it out.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

BerfArmagh

I think the general consensus so far is that the Ogs are going to win this one fairly handy. I don't believe that will be the case, i fully expect the Harps to compete for every ball right up to the final whistle. I do believe the Harps will have to play better than they have all season to win this one, but they have definetly the personnel to change the direction of the play. Both teams will have spells of dominance, it will really come down to who scores most heaviliy in these periods. I can see sending offs on sunday, as i think both defences will be tight & there will be a lot of pulling & dragging. Its no secret if we can keep the clarkes scoring tallys down, we have a great chance. If Vernon plays like he did against Granemore, I expect the Harps to nip it  ;D

Don't rule out a draw

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: illdecide on October 12, 2009, 02:24:38 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on October 12, 2009, 01:40:37 PM

R u going to the Gerry Arthurs stand Win...lol

Ill be in the Gerry McKerr stand!

The Iceman

Shocking news in Armagh town that Ronan Clarke was burgled over the weekend.  They took all his medals, trophies and player awards.

Harpo McKenna's was broken into, in a similar attack.  A knife and fork is missing........
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

winsamsoon

Harpo might get the last laugh with a championship medal on sunday