The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

People of Rathlin not too happy about Zelda from The Terrahawks using their name when Bojo the Clown gave the bitch some ermine to wear

JPGJOHNNYG

RDE, Kate Hoey, and Owen Polly FFS. All 3 of them ooze bitterness. I listened to the interview on TalkBack and thought he spoke very well.

HokeyPokey

Hoey is a weird one as she apparently supported the civil rights movement and was on record as supporting a United Ireland up until the 1990s I think?

It's likewise interesting to see some of the original founders of the DUP, who would be pretty hardcore protestants and Davy Adams, a former UDA man, coming out basically saying things like they think a United Ireland is inevitable or that they'd be open to persuasion.

It's really hard to know where sentiments are among PUL, with many unwilling to speak out because of the grief they'd get. Likewise there's plenty of spin and narratives.

I think people in general aren't that well informed, north and south (in different ways). The headlines are always on what way people would vote if a vote was tomorrow, but we don't know what they'd be voting for. The polling on preference and aspiration, seems to show a very solid block of 30-35% who are against a UI full stop, a similar number who would vote for a UI regardless, maybe another 30-35% who aspire to unity, but aren't fully convinced yet and then 10-15% don't knows. That should be what drives the debate. I'm not sure why this is glossed over so much by governments and media. I think there's some who just want it to go away for political reasons or personal preference and others who want to have the margin larger so it can be a smoother process.

Orior

Quote from: AustinPowers on April 22, 2024, 07:07:26 PM
Quote from: Orior on April 22, 2024, 05:40:40 PMFine Gael favourite, crater face Hoey having a go at Jarlath Burns and the GAA
https://x.com/catharinehoey/status/1782365465433498036?s=46

What paper is  that article from? The Newsletter?

Yes, Newsletter
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians