Why is Rory Mc Ilroy getting married in the Free State?

Started by T Fearon, April 21, 2017, 06:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avondhu star

Quote from: Franko on April 24, 2017, 07:28:04 AM
Quote from: Avondhu star on April 22, 2017, 10:42:51 AM
Quote from: omochain on April 22, 2017, 03:11:21 AM
Quote from: Avondhu star on April 22, 2017, 01:06:43 AM
Quote from: omochain on April 21, 2017, 10:05:39 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on April 21, 2017, 07:47:14 PM
Free state is used by those still living in the time capsule of 1922 and who are usually poorly educated
Much similar to their political opponents who are still living in the year 1690

So you are well read on the history of Ireland 1918 thru 1949. Pity you are not showing much sign of it. Try reading some in depth stuff about the Boundary Commission and you will start to notice the lack of empathy that successive Dublin governments had for northern nationalists. Even the soldiers of destiny under Dev gave them the cold shoulder on many occasions. The Free State was the last entity in modern Ireland they thought might bring them to freedom. They soon lost that illusion when the new constitution (courtesy of John Charles McQuaid and DeValera) were introduced in 1937 and the Repubublic Act of 1949 was enacted. Both of which paid lip service to northern nationalists. So the term "Free State" can be a term of fondness and derision for northern nationalists. Fondness in that it was their last shot at realizing the freedom they had fought for and derision because of the hypocrisy of particularly the anti-treaty party who scoffed at their pragmatic approach to negotiating partition when the Boundary Commission was in session.
Do you find that big chip on your shoulder uncomfortable?
Maybe you should get one of those highly paid jobs  Michelle and the lads have up in Stormont built on the sacrifice of young men lying in Milltown cemetery
I would have thought an "educated man" like yourself would have been able to do better than an "ad hominem" attacking response like that. Take time and do a bit of research.. you will find that the soldiers of destiny worked very hard at keeping the history of that time out of the classrooms in the Free State for most of the 20th century.
No. I will not find that that was the position. If you wish to believe that go ahead.

So you're neither intelligent nor educated then.

Havent you some colouring books you could be working on?
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

johnneycool

Quote from: BennyCake on April 22, 2017, 09:53:00 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on April 22, 2017, 06:14:06 PM
We weren't in the North.Ordinary people did not suffer austerity measures on anywhere like the scale as down South.Banks were encouraged to lend and not properly regulated by Governments.

People suffer austerity everyday, North and South. Cuts, benefit reform, water charges, bedroom tax, household tax, zero hour contracts, makey-up taxes. The list goes on.

Absolutely correct, the NHS is being run into the ground due to Austerity and the Tory's backdoor agenda of privatising it by running it down so badly.

Taylor

Rorys has definitely upgraded from the tennis player......

Orior

This is great news. Now that Rory is an oul married man he will become like the rest of us oul married men and use every excuse to get out of the house and play golf.

I fully expect a couple more majors now for Rory.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians