Why is Rory Mc Ilroy getting married in the Free State?

Started by T Fearon, April 21, 2017, 06:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

I thought he went out of his way to remain politically neutral?

Itchy

Simple, the harsh west coast environment would be very inhospitable to the insects that carry Zika virus so Rory and his golf buddies can turn up without any risk to their health.

Dougal Maguire

Not that I'm all that interested in anything you do or say but I am intrigued as to why you refer to the ROI in the way that you do. It's obviously to wind people up but I'd just lije to inderstand the thinking and who you're trying to wind up and why.  It'll help me learn further just how big a bell end you really are
Careful now

The Iceman

most people in Armagh would call it the free state... At least it was that way when I grew up and before I left...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

maddog

Quote from: The Iceman on April 21, 2017, 07:30:18 PM
most people in Armagh would call it the free state... At least it was that way when I grew up and before I left...

Not my experience about the town. Down south would have been more prevelant I think. Free state would have used possibly more by grand parents generation but not as an insult.

The Iceman

Quote from: maddog on April 21, 2017, 07:38:31 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on April 21, 2017, 07:30:18 PM

Not my experience about the town. Down south would have been more prevelant I think. Free state would have used possibly more by grand parents generation but not as an insult.
definitely not as an insult... but i grew up calling it the free state and the occupied 6 or the north... maybe you lived in a more proddy side of the town... ;)
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Avondhu star

Free state is used by those still living in the time capsule of 1922 and who are usually poorly educated
Much similar to their political opponents who are still living in the year 1690
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Avondhu star

Quote from: T Fearon on April 21, 2017, 06:55:35 PM
Wherever he got married some gobshite would find some reason to whinge

Tubberman

Quote from: Avondhu star on April 21, 2017, 07:48:58 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on April 21, 2017, 06:55:35 PM
Wherever he got married some gobshite would find some reason to whinge

Amen brother!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

The Iceman

Quote from: Avondhu star on April 21, 2017, 07:47:14 PM
Free state is used by those still living in the time capsule of 1922 and who are usually poorly educated
poorly educated...I've forgotten more than you know

Avondhu star

Quote from: The Iceman on April 21, 2017, 07:57:41 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on April 21, 2017, 07:47:14 PM
poorly educated...I've forgotten more than you know
It's important to be able to distinguish between intelligence and education. Those online correspondence degrees you have are as useful as the tokens on a cornflakes box

The Iceman

what do they say about boys in real estate........ well known for their intelligence and education.... dirty dubs....

Aaron Boone

Has anyone ever stayed in Ashford Castle, what was it like?

Orior

My parents called it the Free State.

When I'm in east Belfast I call it the free state to wind up the locals.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

McDowell clearly not invited - he is playing in Texas
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians