Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: Blacksheep on September 23, 2007, 11:12:48 AM
Quote from: Armagh4SamAgain on September 23, 2007, 10:31:27 AM
The famus French mime man Marcel Marso has died last nite. He was 84 and it was on the wireless. I didnt no him but other people did. may he rest in peace.

A mime artist on the wireless  :-\. I've heard it all now! What station was he on Armagh4Sam?

Like Prince in his "The Artist Formerly Known as.." days, the station has no man. It goes by

Testing Accessibility

Lecale2

The famus French mime man Marcel Marso has died last nite. He was 84 and it was on the wireless. I didnt no him but other people did. may he rest in peace.

Apparently he was strangled live on stage during a show, by the Invisible Man, while the audience stood and cheered.

Hardy

Guillem2

Quote from: Lecale2 on September 23, 2007, 11:54:14 AM

Apparently he was strangled live on stage during a show, by the Invisible Man, while the audience stood and cheered.

Classic Lecale!  :D :D
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Silky

Very good :D :D

I thought he looked a bit pale.

ziggysego

I hear that France is going to have a minute of noise for him on Tuesday.
Testing Accessibility

Hurler on the Bitch

Sad to hear that he was dead - I had all his records.

Aristotle Flynn

Some of this stuff isn't funny. A man has died for God's sake. Have some compassion.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

Armagh4SamAgain

I never said nothin rong we prayed for him at mass.
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Hurler on the Bitch

Aristotle wise the f**k up ... you never knew him and never will now! Anyhow, I would be interested to hear what his last words were. 

Bacon

:D :D :D
I know a bar where they ran a competition called the "death list". Everybody picked a famous living person and they paid in a £1 a week each. The first person on the list who died the jackpot went to who ever picked.

Would you consider organising this A4SA?
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Hurler on the Bitch

That 'Death List' thing was a popular one in our bar .. i.e. in January you paid 10 quid got a list of 20 famous old people. You picked 8 and at the end of the year - bingo - the one with the most took the dosh.... The Queen Mother was always a banker and the year she went everybody had her ... (as in 'had her' on the coupon!)

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

There's a US website that does this annual Top 40 celebrity death predictions. Can't find the link now but I know Kirk Douglas and Richard Widmark have been near the top of the chart for a few years.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Puckoon

Thats a bit on the morbid side.

Lecale2

Quote from: Puckoon on September 24, 2007, 05:17:21 PM
Thats a bit on the morbid side.
I don't think so. It's not as if anyone would set out to kill somebody famous just to win £50. On the other hand  :-\ maybe we should bother.