Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Heard Pillar Caffrey in the running.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: FermGael on September 11, 2017, 08:56:26 PM
Rory Gallagher ratified with Ryan 'Ricey' McMenamin as assistant

The prodigal son returns, accompanied by the son you couldn't love..

That's a bit mad. Surely there'd be little enough appetite for Rory in Fermanagh? Or does that matter? As the man says, it's not a 'personality contest', it's about results...  ::)

Rossfan

DuffleKing

So Rory has stepped away from steering the new generation of potential laden youth of division one Donegal to take on a division three Fermanagh - a team that looks from the outside like it has a glass ceiling with the lack of any substance coming through. Looks an odd one.

Syferus

Quote from: DuffleKing on September 12, 2017, 08:11:54 AM

So Rory has stepped away from steering the new generation of potential laden youth of division one Donegal to take on a division three Fermanagh - a team that looks from the outside like it has a glass ceiling with the lack of any substance coming through. Looks an odd one.

Eh? He was ran from Donegal..

Horse Box

Any word on Liam Kearns Bhoys , is he staying on with Tipp ?

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Orchard park on September 11, 2017, 04:41:30 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 11, 2017, 04:22:17 PM
Quote from: Orchard park on September 11, 2017, 04:04:50 PM
surely the LOI cannot last another 5 years and the "bitofred" will disappear into a myriad of revolving junior clubs.......

then perhaps city clubs will get the finger out and establish GAA as the premier sport in the most populated parts. west sligo like nost of rural Connacht is fucked population wise

Truth is there aren't any "city" clubs. Mary's, John's, Calry - all clubs based outside or on the edge of the town with very little traction the closer you go to the town centre. When a club was set up in the centre of the town they made it their business (some of them) to make things awkward for them and eventually it was shut down. At the very least we need one or more underage clubs set up in the centre of Sligo town. Soccer will always be number 1 in the centre of the town but not everyone can live the dream of making it at the Showgrounds  :-\ and certainly I think this should be an initiative lead and backed by the county board. In much the same way as Dublin got a coaching plan backed financially by Croke Park we should be able to come up with something to get us a foothold in our most populated area.

St Molaise Gaels should be acknowledged as a well run club. They've a big area but like Dublin no one cared about that when they were doing poorly. They're strong at all underage levels and have won a senior league. They're an example of what can be done.

Leaving it all up to the clubs is all good and well but you'll get the same results you've always got. We need some radical thinking and good plans, followed through with passion.

I suppose more accurate would be co board get finger out and enable any club drawing from the city population to develop further. I'd have though from afar that marys were getting the house in order... I was counting the 3 you listed as city clubs but understand not strictly speaking. Is Molaise the new(er) name of Grange / Cliffoney
Yes I'm from St Molaise Gaels, its made up of Grange, Cliffoney, Maugherow,

We are strong at underage because sheer nr of players coming through and the local head teacher at Grange is GAA mad and a good coach, the actual coaching in the club itself is poor imo, don't want to say more than that

People talk about our catchment area but its actually smaller than drumcliffe/rosses point, but obvioulsly it is big.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

cornetto

Walsh  to stay on in galway,don't think it's the most favoured but I suppose for continuation purposes not a bad thing,will the players be pleased?it's hard to know I think if you see panel withdrawals,you have your answer.

Rossfan

McGeeney confirmed in Armagh I believe.

Ball Hopper

Stephen Wallace, ex-Ardfert and ex-Kerry Juniors Manager going to Offaly, per Kerry GAA discussion board.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Ball Hopper on September 14, 2017, 08:56:55 PM
Stephen Wallace, ex-Ardfert and ex-Kerry Juniors Manager going to Offaly, per Kerry GAA discussion board.

That's official.

Rossfan

Connerton reappointed in Larryland they say.

Rossfan

Declan Bonner to be appointed in Donegal.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: cornetto on September 13, 2017, 09:39:21 AM
Walsh  to stay on in galway,don't think it's the most favoured but I suppose for continuation purposes not a bad thing,will the players be pleased?it's hard to know I think if you see panel withdrawals,you have your answer.

You know something we don't?