Hurling Championship 2017

Started by seafoid, May 19, 2017, 10:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilkevan

Quote from: weareros on September 03, 2017, 05:28:01 PM
Congrats to Galway. Were the better team from the start and were taking fantastic points all day. Thought it was an enthralling game and Waterford put in a huge effort to make a game of it when Galway took off like they were going to run away with it. There was a period mid way through second half when Waterford looked like they could win but they changed tactics and became one dimensional. Has to be heatbreaking to their supporters and players. As a team they've given us some great performances this year and over last 10 years.

Congratulations to all from Galway (apart from the poison rat). Ye deserved it this year. Best team in the country since the league final. Was great to see a set of supporters who it meant so much to win it. A bit of that vibe has gone out of Kilkenny recently and a couple of years without will serve to make people hungry again.

Now for the poison rat... Instead of fixating on Kilkenny as the condom split mistake that you are, enjoy tonight and be a Galway supporter for once rather than a Kilkenny hater... Also, try to learn a bit about hurling over the next six months instead of coming out with dicksplats about how Galway are going to hammer teams, believe they'll win yes but don't be such an embarrassment to your parents by claiming they're going to beat teams out of the gate... Your poor mammy and daddy have suffered enough shock with the faulty French letter, the disappointment of pregnancy and the desperation of the nurse not f**king you out of the window... Oh and before you think the Cats are gone... We've the ladies next week and I reckon we have a fair chance of two in a row!

Kilkevan

Quote from: seafoid on September 03, 2017, 05:09:51 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 03, 2017, 05:08:30 PM
Player Power wins out!  ;)
First leg to Connacht

Galway had 6 wides.
Relentless
Where is Kilkevan?

Oh I'm here headdrop, and I'll be there next week too when we (hopefully) do two in a row. Now be a good little Galway supporter and celebrate instead of the sperm meets ovum disappointment your parents always felt.

AZOffaly

Well done to Galway, a great year for them, and well deserved. A very open championship, and they were the best team all year.

Disappointed for Waterford, but they just were hanging on in there for lots of that game, the two goals gave them a foothold.

Austin Gleeson was very disappointing, and it's been a trend for him this year. Apart from a brilliant cameo in the semi final he was marked absent (mind you that cameo won the game!). I think Waterford need to settle him at centre back or centre forward, and let him hurl his way into the game. He's trying to be all things to all men, and that free that he drove wide from 100 yards when Waterford needed the ball dropped in for a goal was very inexperienced by him.

imtommygunn

It was a funny old game. At one stage in the second half it looked like waterford might win it then galway took over again. Their subs worked really well and jonny glynn hadn't been working out for them. Best team won in the end but fair play to waterford as they really turned it round after the early onslaught. Delighted to see joe canning get an ai as he deserves one.

Waterford will be back as they are very young. I hope brick doesn't call it quits yet.

manfromdelmonte

waterford went long just cause Maurice was on the field. brick would have done a better job in there

they should have kept going short and working the ball up the wings. it was working for them.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 03, 2017, 06:50:49 PM
Well done to Galway, a great year for them, and well deserved. A very open championship, and they were the best team all year.

Disappointed for Waterford, but they just were hanging on in there for lots of that game, the two goals gave them a foothold.

Austin Gleeson was very disappointing, and it's been a trend for him this year. Apart from a brilliant cameo in the semi final he was marked absent (mind you that cameo won the game!). I think Waterford need to settle him at centre back or centre forward, and let him hurl his way into the game. He's trying to be all things to all men, and that free that he drove wide from 100 yards when Waterford needed the ball dropped in for a goal was very inexperienced by him.
I wish Offaly could come back
I miss Offaly even though I thought they were awful hoors in the 80s
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: Kilkevan on September 03, 2017, 06:30:49 PM
Congrats to Galway. Were the better team from the start and were taking fantastic points all day. Thought it was an enthralling game and Waterford put in a huge effort to make a game of it when Galway took off like they were going to run away with it. There was a period mid way through second half when Waterford looked like they could win but they changed tactics and became one dimensional. Has to be heatbreaking to their supporters and players. As a team they've given us some great performances this year and over last 10 years.

Congratulations to all from Galway (apart from the poison rat). Ye deserved it this year. Best team in the country since the league final. Was great to see a set of supporters who it meant so much to win it. A bit of that vibe has gone out of Kilkenny recently and a couple of years without will serve to make people hungry again.

Now for the poison rat... Instead of fixating on Kilkenny as the condom split mistake that you are, enjoy tonight and be a Galway supporter for once rather than a Kilkenny hater... Also, try to learn a bit about hurling over the next six months instead of coming out with dicksplats about how Galway are going to hammer teams, believe they'll win yes but don't be such an embarrassment to your parents by claiming they're going to beat teams out of the gate... Your poor mammy and daddy have suffered enough shock with the faulty French letter, the disappointment of pregnancy and the desperation of the nurse not f**king you out of the window... Oh and before you think the Cats are gone... We've the ladies next week and I reckon we have a fair chance of two in a row!
3 more to collect the bet.

Jaysus ChrisHT

Galway didn't need to hammer them. They didn't need to scaoil amach an bobailin.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Low and Hard

Who do people think will get motm? For me there was no standout performance from Galway, they shared the scoring, few solid performances in defence and the subs made a big impact. Could go to any of about 5/6, I'll take a stab with conor cooney just for scoring 3 from play 2 outrageous and winning his fair share of ball.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Low and Hard on September 03, 2017, 08:39:14 PM
Who do people think will get motm? For me there was no standout performance from Galway, they shared the scoring, few solid performances in defence and the subs made a big impact. Could go to any of about 5/6, I'll take a stab with conor cooney just for scoring 3 from play 2 outrageous and winning his fair share of ball.

I took Canning at 11/2 so hope to f**k its him! :)

Kilkevan

Quote from: seafoid on September 03, 2017, 08:37:26 PM

Jaysus ChrisHT

Galway didn't need to hammer them. They didn't need to scaoil amach an bobailin.

No, but you claimed they would hammer them making yourself look quite the tool.

You have been very brave about the bet, well except naming your price...

Love the way you ignore the camogie though. Personally I reckon it's cause you're a frustrated virgin... You should be out on the town tonight... You never know... You might get lucky... But at least try to hold your load until you're actually inside or you'll end up blowing it like Joe did so many times until tonight... That or you're a misogynist who doesn't count women's sports even though they have just as much right to be counted as men's... Tell us how much it would sting to see the Cats do two in a row in the year our men went back a bit, ye finally got over the line, but our women continued to fill the void?

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Kilkevan on September 03, 2017, 09:30:26 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 03, 2017, 08:37:26 PM

Jaysus ChrisHT

No, but you claimed they would hammer them making yourself look quite the tool.

You have been very brave about the bet, well except naming your price...

Love the way you ignore the camogie though. Personally I reckon it's cause you're a frustrated virgin... You should be out on the town tonight... You never know... You might get lucky... But at least try to hold your load until you're actually inside or you'll end up blowing it like Joe did so many times until tonight... That or you're a misogynist who doesn't count women's sports even though they have just as much right to be counted as men's... Tell us how much it would sting to see the Cats do two in a row in the year our men went back a bit, ye finally got over the line, but our women continued to fill the void?
hurling thread, not camogie

AZOffaly

I thought Daviv Burke was MOTM. 4 points from play, and drove Galway on a lot. A Captain's performance.

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 03, 2017, 09:55:35 PM
I thought Daviv Burke was MOTM. 4 points from play, and drove Galway on a lot. A Captain's performance.

Yeah you can't look past him
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea