FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: ross4life on March 26, 2011, 09:37:06 PM
So if we finish level on points it's decided on head 2 head games?

Aye and then it goes to goal difference
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Ulick

Mad how people see games differently. Granted I tend to get distracted when watching soccer but of what I did see, Duff was shite.

Atticus_Finch

"That's below the belt"

What about Chippy having a go at Bill over the plight of the working man .... brilliant.

If it did cost 60 yo yos to go to that game tonight no wonder the stadium was half empty.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

AFS

Typical Ireland. If they'd gone 5-0 up in the first half they'd still be hanging on by the skin of their teeth come injury time. The talent vacuum that is midfield makes it all too predictable, everything is either hit long or down the wings. Nothing can be played through the middle. That football is a recipe for yet another glorious near miss in terms of qualification.

The state of Brady throwing a hissy fit after being asked a reasonable enough question. RTE lads are a joke gone way past it's sell by date, unwatchable these days.

thewobbler

Shane Long was motm for me, he took the game by the scruff of the neck in the 2nd half.McGeady impressed more than Duff, and finally looks as if he might he adding patience to his game.

Dunne was good, Foley grew in confidence and Westwood looked composed. Keane and Duff led by example, working their bollocks off.

RTE's panel might need a new member soon. I don't mean to sound nasty or doomsdayist, but Giles couldn't look more unhealthy if he tried. He's a heart attack waiting to happen.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Sure its entertaining!

Am I alone in thinking we played some pretty decent stuff at times? Didn't think the performance was too bad at all. I expected us to retreat in our own penalty area in the last 15 minutes but was pleasantly surprised that we actually played our way out of trouble.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Capt Pat

I think these eastern Europeans are saving their best for the games against mother russia. We could be able to take advantage.

Orangemac

Whelan was shocking tonight. Fahey needs to start with McCarthy in the middle.

Don't know if Dunne wasn't fit but was poor tonight.

3 points in Macedonia would leave Republic in good position. Seem to play better away from home.

Forever Green

Play like that against Russia and they will hammer us. Any more news on Doyles injury?Could be devastating for Wolves in their relegation fight

Denn Forever

Quote from: Forever Green on March 26, 2011, 11:12:37 PM
Play like that against Russia and they will hammer us. Any more news on Doyles injury?Could be devastating for Wolves in their relegation fight

McCarthy can't get an even break.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

AFS

Quote from: Orangemac on March 26, 2011, 11:06:29 PM
Whelan was shocking tonight. Fahey needs to start with McCarthy in the middle.

Don't know if Dunne wasn't fit but was poor tonight.

3 points in Macedonia would leave Republic in good position. Seem to play better away from home.

Fahey or McCarthy coming into the midfield would improve things. Both would leave a vulnerable back four very exposed. Think Cyprus under Stan.

Hardy

I can't believe I wasn't hearing things, so can anybody tell me me if I misheard George Hamilton saying Duff has had training from a judo coach in how to fall?

Forever Green

According to the bbc, doyle could be out for the rest of the season with a medial ligament injury. Bad news for Ireland but especially Wolves

Shamrock Shore

Hardy - I can confirm Dangerhere did say this.

As well as saying "It's like watching Brazil" in the first half.

In the second half it was more painful than a Brazillian (or so I am lead to believe).

Brady was horrid contrary about the empty seats. Is Denis O'Brien paying him as well?

Hardy

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 27, 2011, 12:33:20 AM
Hardy - I can confirm Dangerhere did say this.

As well as saying "It's like watching Brazil" in the first half.

In the second half it was more painful than a Brazillian (or so I am lead to believe).

Brady was horrid contrary about the empty seats. Is Denis O'Brien paying him as well?

Good God! It's the sort of thing you'd say as a bad joke about soccer players and you're telling me it's true. What a travesty of a game it's been allowed to become.