Tuam Babies

Started by Tubberman, March 03, 2017, 09:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Davy Carton of the Sawdoctors had a crucial role in this debacle.He even sang about leaving the girls in Tuam before setting off on the N17.

Main Street

Ignore the obvious trolling.

whitey

The parents of these girls were brainwashed into believing that they would burn in hell for all eternity unless they followed the direction of the church on such matters

magpie seanie

Quote from: Main Street on March 04, 2017, 03:08:40 PM
Ignore the obvious trolling.

That's it. Another addition to the ignore list. I just can't be dealing with it any more.

From the Bunker

Quote from: whitey on March 04, 2017, 03:25:43 PM
The parents of these girls were brainwashed into believing that they would burn in hell for all eternity unless they followed the direction of the church on such matters

Not to mention the suffering they would have to endure on earth! I know of two illegitimate women in our area. They were saved from industrial institutions by people who were strong enough to keep them. They are in their 70's now! Both are different Characters - One is rather shy and reserved from what one can only describe as abuse growing up the other is as hard as nails. There had to endure the BASTARD stigma all their lives.

Avondhu star

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 04, 2017, 04:11:26 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 04, 2017, 03:25:43 PM

Not to mention the suffering they would have to endure on earth! I know of two illegitimate women in our area. They were saved from industrial institutions by people who were strong enough to keep them. They are in their 70's now! Both are different Characters - One is rather shy and reserved from what one can only describe as abuse growing up the other is as hard as nails. There had to endure the b**tard stigma all their lives.
They didnt get pregnant by themselves and of course its popular to say that the fathers was the local rich man and big farmer when it usually was just some ordinary young lad getting his oats
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: T Fearon on March 04, 2017, 03:00:10 PM
Davy Carton of the Sawdoctors had a crucial role in this debacle.He even sang about leaving the girls in Tuam before setting off on the N17.

You got to be f**king kidding me.

seafoid

"Children of sin" in a country that didn't allow contraception or abortion and with no State support for unmarried women. Their mothers had no chance.

GaillimhIarthair

You are pure tr**p Fearon, a pure fcukin tr**p. You should be banned for that tripe.

manfromdelmonte

why is our education system still controlled by the fcukers?

johnneycool

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on March 04, 2017, 07:46:57 PM
You are pure tr**p Fearon, a pure fcukin tr**p. You should be banned for that tripe.

Not a christian bone in his body no matter how many times he goes to mass.
Despicable cretin

magpie seanie

Quote from: johnneycool on March 04, 2017, 09:38:37 PM
Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on March 04, 2017, 07:46:57 PM

Not a christian bone in his body no matter how many times he goes to mass.
Despicable cretin

Nail on the head lads. Use the ignore function....we can't help him.

Main Street

Of all the scandals that have been documented as fact, this discovery has to be single most heart rendering event.

T Fearon

You got to be f**king kidding me.

Shamrock Shore,did you mean that as a pun?

T Fearon

This is tragic of course,but a product of an era when atonement for sin was very much in vogue.I got many a belt myself in catholic primary education,and my late mother and her contemporaries were beaten black and blue by nuns in school. It did not impair her faith in any way.

But it does provide a field day for anti Catholics,and their pathetic inference that the modern church is somehow responsible.I suspect these very same people have little or no actual sympathy for the victims of this scandal,but actually revel in any opportunity to attack the Catholic Church.