Plane crash at Cork Airport - Flight from Belfast. 6 confirmed dead

Started by Tubberman, February 10, 2011, 10:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

6 dead according to Sky News and 6 injured, your boss must have been walking wounded.

Billys Boots

Have flown into Cork many, many times on small planes in bad weather and it always struck me as being very close to the edge of acceptability.  Sad news indeed.  Have just been talking to a business in Cork that would inevitably have people on that flight, and, against the odds, they had no-one taking it this morning. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ziggysego

Hound, I hope you get some good news from this.

Good to hear bcb1, glad she's ok.

Milltown, your boss is a lucky man.
Testing Accessibility

Rois

Hound, hope you hear some good news.  Will say a silent prayer here. 

Heard of another businessman from Belfast who was on it. 

brokencrossbar1

Just heard my wife's Aunt is a regular on the flight and was intending going down to see her grandkids for the mid term next week but her daughter is coming up instead.  Hound I pray everything is ok with your friend.

Tubberman

Quote from: Hound on February 10, 2011, 12:13:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 10, 2011, 11:51:36 AM
My boss was on that plane, Phoned us at 11.20 to say he was ok but the carnage around him was terrible.

We only knew of the crash because the fella who was picking him up phoned to ask where he was!!

We waited 25 mintues before he finally called!!! Unbelieveable that he has walki=ed away from this terrible accident.  My thoughts are with the ones who have lost their lives in this tradgey.

Can't get my head around this at all, can't imagine how he is feeling after surviving this??
A friend of mine is on it. That's after giving me some glimmer of hope. Didnt sound possible from the reports. We've someone down at the hospital but have heard nothing yet.

Hound, I hope you get the same news as Milltown, I really do.
Must be an awful time for anyone connected to those on board
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Rouge_Diablo

EC Unique

Shocking and sad news. I hope you get the good news you want Hound.

Doogie Browser

J OGorman

Dear jesus, thats tragic tragic news. Hope the news is good Hound

An Gaeilgoir

Over here in Belgium, just after hearing the news, flew out of Dublin this morning, what a thin line we walk. Sad news all round

Shamrock Shore

I know it may be too early as people grieve but why was there an attempt to land in such bad fog? Did the fog decend all of a sudden. Could a decision not have been made to divert to Shannon long before the plane came near Cork?

That siad I hope Hound gets good news.

Rouge_Diablo

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on February 10, 2011, 12:58:19 PM
Over here in Belgium, just after hearing the news, flew out of Dublin this morning, what a thin line we walk. Sad news all round

I fly at least twice a week, taking off and landing on an icy and snow covered scandanvian runway.
There simply isnt any point thinking about what might happen as there is nothing you can do about it.

AZOffaly

Shocking stuff. Hound, I hope ye get good news. Lord have mercy on the poor people who weren't lucky today.

Hound

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 10, 2011, 01:05:25 PM
I know it may be too early as people grieve but why was there an attempt to land in such bad fog? Did the fog decend all of a sudden. Could a decision not have been made to divert to Shannon long before the plane came near Cork?

That siad I hope Hound gets good news.
Tried to land on one runway, abandoned coz of fog. Then immediately tried the other, but it was no better. Then circled for 20 minutes until it was deemed better conditions, and attempted for the third time, with the disasterous outcome.

Thanks for all the good wishes. Heard nothing yet. Helpline only confirmed he was onboard.

EDIT: Just got the news. He's gone. Very sad. RIP