China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Definitely a notable difference today. Maybe the message is getting through. Got a letter from employer to say that I'm a key worker (healthcare). Others should get the same for using at checkpoints.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 24, 2020, 10:13:09 AM
Definitely a notable difference today. Maybe the message is getting through. Got a letter from employer to say that I'm a key worker (healthcare). Others should get the same for using at checkpoints.
I'm one too and I don't know many who aren't at this stage.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on March 24, 2020, 09:01:04 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 23, 2020, 10:50:33 PM
That's our northern department closed.. not back till 13/4/20 at a minimum!

Crazy times

Full salary or 80% MR2?

Won't know till later, full pay this month, but we are looking at a payment structure through to June!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

When this is all over, there will be some lessons to be learned re: planning and organisation of a major worldwide event like this.  This will be true for all countries.

Itchy

Quote from: marty34 on March 24, 2020, 11:05:17 AM
When this is all over, there will be some lessons to be learned re: planning and organisation of a major worldwide event like this.  This will be true for all countries.

Donald says it will be over in a few weeks - how unbelievably stupid do you have to be to vote for a man like that.

marty34

Quote from: Itchy on March 24, 2020, 11:09:08 AM

Donald says it will be over in a few weeks

Donald Duck???

Itchy

Quote from: marty34 on March 24, 2020, 11:09:47 AM

Donald says it will be over in a few weeks

Donald Duck???

I'd believe Donald Duck over Donald Trump

Rossfan

Donald says it will be over in a few weeks - how unbelievably stupid do you have to be to vote for a man like that.
It was a Democratic plot a few weeks ago ::)

I see 40% of world's new cases yesterday were in the US.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Doe anyone know if ROI is planning to announce similar financial package(80%) similar to uk?

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Rossfan on March 24, 2020, 11:13:08 AM
I see 40% of world's new cases yesterday were in the US.

They are f**ked.
i usse an speelchekor

larryin89

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 24, 2020, 11:32:32 AM
Doe anyone know if ROI is planning to announce similar financial package(80%) similar to uk?

Loads of talk on Sunday about it (75%) , haven't heard anything since but in their defence they said it would be finalised by wed/thurs .

Doesn't matter to those of us building essential yuppie housing though .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

gallsman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 24, 2020, 10:39:19 AM

I know lads working in Finance IT who are getting the same letters.

Companies need to f**k off. If you're not involved in the food or medical supply chain, you're not "essential"

imtommygunn

Also companies need to wise up and spend some money on a remote work infrastructure and do it now as if there is a load of taking the piss and this thing isn't got under any form of control then they'll just be shut.(which is obviously the lowest concern here I know but businesses can be kept going if they stop being dicks - finance/IT are not notorious for trusting their staff)

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: larryin89 on March 24, 2020, 11:48:45 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 24, 2020, 11:32:32 AM

Loads of talk on Sunday about it (75%) , haven't heard anything since but in their defence they said it would be finalised by wed/thurs .

Doesn't matter to those of us building essential yuppie housing though .

Thanks. Yeah that seems to be a problem. Would you be eligible for SSP?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: gallsman on March 24, 2020, 11:52:46 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 24, 2020, 10:39:19 AM

I know lads working in Finance IT who are getting the same letters.

Companies need to f**k off. If you're not involved in the food or medical supply chain, you're not "essential"

I am hearing off licences open in some places? Is this true?