Star Wars

Started by omaghjoe, December 15, 2015, 10:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

No fans on here? Anyone seen/goin to see it?

New one getting some serious positive reviews

Boycey

Quote from: omaghjoe on December 15, 2015, 10:52:41 PM

There was a thread last week about guilty pleasures, this is sort of the opposite for me I just never got Star Wars...

JoG2

Looking forward to it.  It's a 12a, would it be too much for a 7 and a 6 year old? The wife is putting the foot down grrrr

BennyCake

Never seen any of the Star Wars films. Am I the only one?

Jell 0 Biafra

Saw the first one when it came out, in 77 or 78.  I was 7 years old or so.  Even then I was bored by it.  Tried again in my early 20's, figuring it had just been over my head, but still found it pretty dull.   Like an earlier poster above, I just don't get the whole Star Wars thing.

The Worker

5 Sams

I'd rather nail my dick to the table.
The Aristocrat Years

rrhf

Nobody ' forces' you guys to watch it. 

Minder

I was mad into them all as a nipper, had all the figures & toys. All my friends were the same.

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

J70

Was always more of a trekkie myself. Never got the fascination with Star Wars. The first three were decent, enjoyable films, but no more worthy of excitement than numerous other films from the period.

As for the 90s/00s prequels, I sat through the first one, and having been close to walking out after 15 minutes of Jar Jar Binks, I wasn't arsed with the others and never saw them.

I'll give the new one a look when it comes out on demand for tv, but that will be about it.

AZOffaly

Love Star Wars, always have. My favourite is episode V but I'd watch them all no bother. Looking forward to bringing the young lad to it.

omaghjoe

Quote from: J70 on December 15, 2015, 11:31:57 PM
Was always more of a trekkie myself. Never got the fascination with Star Wars. The first three were decent, enjoyable films, but no more worthy of excitement than numerous other films from the period.

As for the 90s/00s prequels, I sat through the first one, and having been close to walking out after 15 minutes of Jar Jar Binks, I wasn't arsed with the others and never saw them.

I'll give the new one a look when it comes out on demand for tv, but that will be about it.

Haha watched this a while back... its a JarJarless Phantom Menance, he really didnt bring much to the table did poor old JarJar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs5xOdJne_o

ziggysego

Got tickets for the midnight show in Derry tomorrow (Wednesday night / Thursday morning) Can't wait.
Testing Accessibility

omaghjoe

Quote from: ziggysego on December 16, 2015, 12:05:11 AM
Got tickets for the midnight show in Derry tomorrow (Wednesday night / Thursday morning) Can't wait.

Saunder on Ziggy ;D

Not sure when Im gonna get to see it TBH so I'll be looking forward to a full report Thursday

Puckoon

Quote from: omaghjoe on December 16, 2015, 02:08:07 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on December 16, 2015, 12:05:11 AM

Saunder on Ziggy ;D

Not sure when Im gonna get to see it TBH so I'll be looking forward to a full report Thursday

Better not be on here!!!