Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 11, 2019, 09:09:16 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 11, 2019, 08:21:41 PM
I predict that Harte will get a few barbed comments from Brolly after yesterday's result. He really does allow personal grudges to influence his analysis way too much. This type of shock jock analysis has got gradually worse with some downright nasty vindictive comments. It is also very obvious that there isn't the same chemistry in the Sunday Game studio since Michael Lyster left, you only realize how good he was when he is gone.

Same happened with Dunphy and Giles after Bill left, they looked past their sell by date.
The difference is Cantwell actually challenges Brollys bullshit instead of letting it go completely unchecked.
Joe doesnt like it and it leads to some very awkward and uncomfortable TV at times.
Rte studio and commentary teams need a complete shake up.
Keep daragh maloney and tomas ose and get rid of pretty much all the rest

Narcissistic, egotistical know-it-all's don't like being challenged.

A total shake up needed. Brolly and Canning should be first and second out the door.

laceer

Cavanagh has an awful shiney head.

ONeill

Quote from: square_ball on August 11, 2019, 09:51:46 PM
Spillane was out of his depth today with Rochford and McStay either side of him in the studio today.

He was the only one who called it right.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

square_ball

Quote from: ONeill on August 11, 2019, 10:17:43 PM
Quote from: square_ball on August 11, 2019, 09:51:46 PM
Spillane was out of his depth today with Rochford and McStay either side of him in the studio today.

He was the only one who called it right.

Kerryman backs Kerry.

Targetman

I'd be happy if they'd just give Dessie Dolan his P45, the stuff that man comes out with is brutal!!

yellowcard

Dessie v Dick, who would come out on top. I can't call it, both equally as bad as each other.

gallsman

I'd take Dessie over Clerkin any day of the week. Clerkin is a useless gobshite.

RedHand88

Quote from: yellowcard on August 11, 2019, 10:44:11 PM
Dessie v Dick, who would come out on top. I can't call it, both equally as bad as each other.

Don't know if it was RTEs dodgy editing for the Sunday game but dessie said Tyrone had 7 shots from 9 attacks or something to that effect, when they had 0-8 in the board.

t_mac

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 11, 2019, 11:34:47 PM

Don't know if it was RTEs dodgy editing for the Sunday game but dessie said Tyrone had 7 shots from 9 attacks or something to that effect, when they had 0-8 in the board.

Or maybe it was last 9 attacks, didn't say 7 scores.  ;)

marty34

Final will probably be O'Rourke, Spillane and Brolly I presume?

They'll probably get the 'big gig'.  I wonder how this panel is decided anyway?

Start of Match of the Day last night - Shearer and Wright on it.  They always seem to get the big games also.

A good refurb of both shows would do no harm. 

I listened to the Marty Squad after game.  Bit of discussion of game from 'legends' of the game.  Personally I'd love a radio phone in show after games - national league and championship.   Be more interesting and enjoyed than listening to the legends of the game.

gallsman

Quote from: marty34 on August 11, 2019, 11:39:43 PM

Start of Match of the Day last night - Shearer and Wright on it.  They always seem to get the big games also.

I listened to the Marty Squad after game.  Bit of discussion of game from 'legends' of the game.  Personally I'd love a radio phone in show after games - national league and championship.   Be more interesting and enjoyed than listening to the legends of the game.

Can't remember the name of the show but we'd always be glued to Radio Eireann on the way back up the road after matches. First time I ever heard of George Him he was filling in on it and it prepared me for how much of a prat he was

Christmas Lights

I listened to the Marty Squad after game.  Bit of discussion of game from 'legends' of the game. Personally I'd love a radio phone in show after games - national league and championship.   Be more interesting and enjoyed than listening to the legends of the game.

Agree here, similar to talkSPORT after the soccer matches.  Sure, you would have some people ringing in who havent a clue but would make for good drivetime radio after the match

Sportacus

Quote from: Christmas Lights on August 12, 2019, 09:50:25 AM

I listened to the Marty Squad after game.  Bit of discussion of game from 'legends' of the game. Personally I'd love a radio phone in show after games - national league and championship.   Be more interesting and enjoyed than listening to the legends of the game.

Agree here, similar to talkSPORT after the soccer matches.  Sure, you would have some people ringing in who havent a clue but would make for good drivetime radio after the match
By the time Marty works out which Parish the caller is from, what the weather is like and if he can recall being there years ago, it really would be a long drawn out affair.

tonto1888

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 11, 2019, 11:34:47 PM

Nope that was during the game also. He said 7 scores from 8 shots when they had scored 0-8

imtommygunn

Sean O"Shea using his great experience even though he's played senior football for about 2 years lol.  I think Dick Clerkin may even be a better co commentator than him.